Really enjoyed my Z30 these past two years. First experience with BB10. Changed a lot during this time. And that's considering I never really used the first incarnation of BB10 when it was first released.

But my battery is slowing down a bit. I work in construction, and talk a lot on speaker phone. Battery has trouble getting through day. Excited about getting a new BlackBerry in October, with my 2 years up.

I'd rather not get a year old phone like the Classic or Passport. And I've been happy with full touch screen. I've seen things about the slider. Personally, I hated the Torch. I know it'll be much nicer, but I don�t have much interest. Any possibility of a new flagship full touch phone?

The 3 BlackBerrys that Canadian carriers are pushing are Classic, Passport, and Leap. And I don't think the Leap is an upgrade from the Z30.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    07-27-15 03:46 PM
    Really enjoyed my Z30 these past two years. First experience with BB10. Changed a lot during this time. And that's considering I never really used the first incarnation of BB10 when it was first released.

But my battery is slowing down a bit. I work in construction, and talk a lot on speaker phone. Battery has trouble getting through day. Excited about getting a new BlackBerry in October, with my 2 years up.

I'd rather not get a year old phone like the Classic or Passport. And I've been happy with full touch screen. I've seen things about the slider. Personally, I hated the Torch. I know it'll be much nicer, but I don’t have much interest. Any possibility of a new flagship full touch phone?

The 3 BlackBerrys that Canadian carriers are pushing are Classic, Passport, and Leap. And I don't think the Leap is an upgrade from the Z30.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Welcome to the club.... there are a number of us that just don't know what to do right now. Me I have a Z10, and may say I should upgrade to the Z30, but it is a two year old phone, with even older specs.

You've got 3 months.... by then we should know about the SLIDER, and maybe they'll be some word on a "real" all touch device. If not there will be the new iPhone6s or a new Galaxy or NOTE or something else out there that will work.
    07-27-15 03:56 PM
    There is no direct Z30 successor. Wait until more concrete news comes out about the Slider, it COULD be a suitable replacement phone given you don't have to use slide keyboard. Somewhat concerned about the battery life that model will have given the extra hardware.
    07-27-15 03:59 PM
    If the slider is truly 5.4" for screen size, I think it will have the best of both worlds when it comes to keyboard. BlackBerry has one of the best digital keyboards and, obviously, the Passport keyboard is incredible. If they have both options, then I will be getting one when it comes out.

Posted via CB Z30
    07-27-15 04:10 PM
    Hi from Alberta here and have the same situation. My Z30 became a part of me Oct17 2013 and has given me wonderment only, no grief at all, am sort of looking at a Red PP that I will purchase and Telus can give me a plan or Koodo which ever I can get best deal from. I will use the Z30 as a spare. Plans aren't in stone yet however.

 Pr1ngle
    vanrickman likes this.
    07-27-15 04:27 PM
    Depends on the slider but, I'm done with BlackBerry after this z30 poops out.

Have only ever used BlackBerry smartphones but the lack of new device news minus keyboard phones has been disappointing.

The BlackBerry Leap is a downgrade from the z30.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-27-15 07:41 PM
    Bring on that Lumia 950XL!
    07-27-15 07:47 PM
    Personally, I think it would take a huge shift for me to change brands. As of right now, there's nothing I would want from Apple, Android, or Windows. Nothing against any of them. I'm just happy with what I have right now. If I could have a second phone, I'd definitely grab a competitor.

I just like getting the best value for my phones. So I like getting a new phone whenever my "contract" is up.

If I had to choose today, it would either be the classic, Passport or stay with my Z30. I'd have to hold a slider in my hands before even considering it.

Class is really nice. For obvious reasons, reminds me of my first "smart" phone, the 9900. Just the specs are pretty old these days. Isn't it a Q10 under the hood?
    Passport is definitely impressive. But I've tried demo units. Just too big. I find my Z30 already pushing it, when it comes to fitting in my pockets.
    Z30, I still love the oled screen. The blacks are amazing. I've gotten used to the lack of brightness. Still don�t like the silver bottom bar, but never think about it. Camera is great. Wish had a tiny bit more bezel on the sides, as I touch the screen a lot when holding with one hand.

Really hope there's a surprise successor. I'm ready to be excited. Just tell me where the hype train is, and I'll hop aboard! Lol

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    07-27-15 10:23 PM

I'd rather not get a year old phone like the Classic or Passport. And I've been happy with full touch screen. I've seen things about the slider. Personally, I hated the Torch. I know it'll be much nicer, but I don�t have much interest. Any possibility of a new flagship full touch phone?

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    I'm guessing by September or October, the details on the slider will all be leaked and videos and all. You'll probably know whether you'll stick around or move on to another OS.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    07-27-15 10:32 PM
    Personally, I think it would take a huge shift for me to change brands. As of right now, there's nothing I would want from Apple, Android, or Windows. Nothing against any of them. I'm just happy with what I have right now. If I could have a second phone, I'd definitely grab a competitor.

I just like getting the best value for my phones. So I like getting a new phone whenever my "contract" is up.

If I had to choose today, it would either be the classic, Passport or stay with my Z30. I'd have to hold a slider in my hands before even considering it.

Class is really nice. For obvious reasons, reminds me of my first "smart" phone, the 9900. Just the specs are pretty old these days. Isn't it a Q10 under the hood?
    Passport is definitely impressive. But I've tried demo units. Just too big. I find my Z30 already pushing it, when it comes to fitting in my pockets.
    Z30, I still love the oled screen. The blacks are amazing. I've gotten used to the lack of brightness. Still don’t like the silver bottom bar, but never think about it. Camera is great. Wish had a tiny bit more bezel on the sides, as I touch the screen a lot when holding with one hand.

Really hope there's a surprise successor. I'm ready to be excited. Just tell me where the hype train is, and I'll hop aboard! Lol

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    The problem is neither SNAP or Cobalt's solutions are official.... so they could work for 3 more years, or to protect developers Google could block them a month from now. I've spent way too much time converting APKs, installing keys, sideloading.... I don't ever want to go back to that!

BB10 is dead, yes it might live on a few more years... but it's not going to grow, it not going to see support. So why commit to it for another 2-Years... ESPECIALLY if BlackBerry doesn't.
    andy957 likes this.
    07-28-15 08:26 AM
    OP, we are in exactly the same position. 3 months to go, love the Z30 and don't want IOS, Android or Windows. For me the natural upgrade would be the slider. Theoretically it will have all the specs and better of the Z30 as well as Pkb that you don't have to use if you prefer touch. Only worry is the battery life but I doubt that it will not at least match the Z30's battery life.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 09:26 AM
    Maybe we can find some hotshot ( or BlackBerry themselves) who can "retro fit" our Z30 form factor with a 64gb HDD 3 GB of ram and a faster processor. Do that and I'm good for two more years. Might as well slap in a bigger battery for the new horsepower while we're at it

Posted via CB10
    Aaron Marcinkowski likes this.
    07-28-15 09:39 AM
    Maybe we can find some hotshot ( or BlackBerry themselves) who can "retro fit" our Z30 form factor with a 64gb HDD 3 GB of ram and a faster processor. Do that and I'm good for two more years. Might as well slap in a bigger battery for the new horsepower while we're at it

Posted via CB10
    It might be easier and more profitable to bring out a device with those specs and call it a Z40 or Z50. I'll be right there with the cash when it gets released. How about that slider turning up as a Z50 slider alongside a standard Z50 with the same specs except for the slide much like Apple released the 6 and 6 plus and Samsung the S6 and S6 Edge almost simultaneously.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-28-15 10:09 AM
    I would prefer the same form factor with updated specs, say a Z30.1 or Z31. To me Z40 or Z50 implies a totally different phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:14 AM
    My only regret with the Z30 is the sealed-in battery, with no approved OEM channel through which to source a new one.

I was surprised I ran the battery flat on my 2 month old Z30 yesterday, but I did have the mobile hotspot on for a couple of hours. But it worries me a bit - if that's all it takes then maybe this won't be the workhorse I thought it was.

I wish BlackBerry would stop screwing around with niche or junky phones. The passport isn't a big seller and the Leap looks like a child's toy. The Classic looks great, but you're stuck with half the device being taken up by a keyboard.
    jaydee5799 and andy957 like this.
    07-28-15 11:37 AM
    I agree with everybody's witching on the Z30. They are all valid. But everytime I think bout switching to an Android, I read about these major Security flaws (hacking Androids by sending you a pic or text). I Say stick with the BB10 for now. At the very least hackers are not paying attention to it. Flying under the radar. The older I Get, you more paranoid I become.
    FF22 and diesel0110 like this.
    07-28-15 01:49 PM
    I'd like to see a slider and a z50 which would be the equivalent to the Note.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30 
    08-04-15 02:31 PM
    Can't wait for a Z30 version update.

Z30, STA100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    08-04-15 02:45 PM
    I know this probably won't happen but it sure would be nice if BlackBerry would launch 2 versions of the slider - one BlackBerry 10 and one Android. Could go along way to satisfy a lot of us who want a new all touch flagship.

Posted via CB10
    10_z_no gimmick likes this.
    08-04-15 02:55 PM
    Can't wait for a Z30 version update.

Z30, STA100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    Me to I'm with u on that
    10_z_no gimmick likes this.
    08-04-15 02:57 PM
    I also have the z10. Great phone, love it. The functionality and the physical strength of it is superb. I've dropped my z10 on the ground a handful of times and there's wounds to prove it. It literally has 9 lives like a cat. But the downside is that I want a bigger screen, faster CPU, much much better battery life. I was contemplating on getting the z30 or the iphone 6 but since we're like a month away from hearing more about the iphone 6s / 7...I'll wait to see what that's all about. I heard awesome reviews about the z30 but then it's 2 years old, it's chunky / heavy / thick compared to other current phones. If the z50 was coming out in the coming months I would definitely wait it and buy it with no hesitation. No doubt the screen will be big, great hardware, and I'm sure it would be thinner / lighter.

But the way Blackberry is going, it doesn't seem like z50 is on its radar. Such a shame. Been using BB phones for a while since Bold 9000. The slider BB looks cool but when you add a physical keyboard to a full length screen it just makes it thicker.
    08-07-15 12:50 AM
    I have about two months until my next upgrade with Verizon. I have a Z10 and would also like to see a newer version of the Z30. If BlackBerry doesn't push a new all touch phone, then I might have to go Android, maybe an LG G3 or G4. We'll see.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-07-15 01:44 AM
    This is just my experience but I have Z30 on Verizon. Had it for over a year. My wife had two lines with at&t so we upgraded both lines to a Passport. It has been about two months now and I hardly ever touch my 30. I use it at night as a media player to fall asleep to but otherwise my Passport is my main device. I have not even used my Playbook since I have gotten my Passport. So I would look into the Passport or passport s.e. Before jumping platforms, but that is just me.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 01:51 AM
    The passport is the best BlackBerry device ever made, following the z30.
    Don't think for a second that this is just a big phone. It's fast as hell and the screen is phenomenal. Once you get used to it you will never be able to use a standard sized phone again.
    so crow likes this.
    08-07-15 03:28 PM
    I'm in the same boat..I've had my Z30 for 20 months. I'd prefer an all touch BlackBerry but would consider a slider. I don't think the Z30 is too heavy or bulky as a previous poster suggested.

I have the PowerTools app which has a battery health module and my battery's health is currently 91% which I think is great considering how much I use it. I've been tracking my usage with PowerTools and in the past 333 days my daily usage average is 4 hrs and 45 min. (I use it as a tablet).

I'm unable to jump carriers due to the rural area I live in and the mountain cabin I have where only Verizon works. So I am stuck with Verizon which runs on the antiquated CDMA rather than GSM (like the rest of the world) which severely limits my choice of devices. I really like the new Passport Silver Edition but it's not an option. Getting another Z30 (which is an awesome device) with it's 2 year old technology seems a little crazy. I'm a huge BlackBerry fan but without more device options they stand to lose their Z30 customers that are coming up to the 2 year mark and don't want to go backwards or laterally when replacing their Z30s.

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    mundo472 likes this.
    08-08-15 12:28 PM
34 12