Hey folks,

Just for the sake of sharing thoughts, I thought I'd just post this. Still having high hopes for offical 10.3.1 on my Z30
    I had picked up a Note 4 phone a couple months ago while it was on sale to bide my impatients waiting on 10.3.1 for my Z30. After using it for a couple months, here are some comparisons looking at it from a more productive side. I have a small business so use my phones in a work non-corportate, non-enterprise environment.

Note 4 VS BBZ30

Least Importance
    Screen - Android -Larger, brighter, higher res

Physical feel � Blackberry - Even though the bigger screen is nice on the note while looking at it, the BB is a better size for pocket and holding while talking on the phone.

Medium Importance
    Call quality Android� slightly - Draw for voice quality, note is louder though so better in noisy environments

Flow/Feel � Blackberry � Z30 feels integrated, smooth and fast. Note 4 lags and feels disjointed

Web Browsing � Blackberry � MUCH faster than note4.

Messaging � Blackberry �The hub is just plain awesome for text and email

Other goodies � Notes, reminders - Android -The S-Pen is kinda nice for text selecting, otherwise it�s nothing special. I thought hand writing notes would be cool, but it�s just annoying trying to write small and neat, typing is much for efficient. Widgets are nice, I do like having a large time and weather just �right there� on the screen as well as an agenda widget to view without having to open anything up.

Voice commands � Android -They work well with OK Google and Hey Samsung. Hopefully though BB will match that with 10.3.1�s voice commands.

Most Important
    Apps/Notifications � Android I get email, text, weather, and all app notifiers in status bar and on lock screen. The native bank and paypal apps, that show instant notifications are really nice and make things easy on the Android device. Easier than having to open up a website to �check in� periodically. Maybe, just maybe 10.3�s better android integration will fill that in.

Summary
    It�s hard, �� I go back and forth between these 2 phones, I actually like my Z30 more and WANT it to do the things I need. When I use my Z30, I still keep my Android on and hooked to wifi to fill in the missing areas. It mostly comes down to native apps, it�s disappointing when you hit the app store and amazon�s app store and can�t find paypal, or ABC news, or this or that.
    Jamie Wooten and bluetroll like this.
    12-30-14 02:26 PM
    I had high hopes for 10.3.1 as well I went through a Q10, Z30 and a Passort. Unfortunately the lack of native app support I woumd up keeping my Note 4 as my primary device.
    12-30-14 03:15 PM
    That's why I run an iPad alongside the Z30. Now it's the Passport I run alongside the iPad. It's mostly for games and the occasional cheque deposit.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 03:28 PM
    Have you tried SNAP for Google Play apps? I just upgraded by Z10 to the Z30 and have been most impressed. It so smooth and fluid. I will admit I looked at the Note 4 as I more recently purchased a Samsung tab 4 8.4 pro. What held me back after two months with the tablet is that Android, at least for me, is not as intuitive or smooth as BlackBerry 10. Plus the value of unlocked BlackBerry devices right now is unmatched. My dad just bought a Z30 and switched from his Note 3. I'll be most interested to get his take in a few weeks. He may have similar but opposite views.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 04:12 PM
    I'll also note I am a small business owner and have never found a lack of apps an issue with BlackBerry 10. The browser is so good (and more secure for banking) it has been a non-issue. And those Android apps I have from Amazon or SNAP run as well on my BlackBerry(s) as they do my tablet.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 04:18 PM
    I'm a real estate Appraiser and utilize wintotal apps for my appraisal software. I tried running it on my passport but it wouldn't access the photos and it didn't work the way it does on my Note or my iPad. Also I use MLS apps and Ekey apps, neither one would work.
    I'd love to go back to blackberry but I need certain things to do my job.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    12-30-14 06:13 PM
    GUYS JUST DOWNLOAD SNAP!
    It's a Google play client for BlackBerry. Try Side loading it and watch the video on YouTube made by agent jucey! See the attachment of snap...
    2 months of using a Note 4-img_20141231_042436.png

Posted via CB10
    bmr50 and bh7171 like this.
    12-30-14 06:25 PM
    Hey folks,

Just for the sake of sharing thoughts, I thought I'd just post this. Still having high hopes for offical 10.3.1 on my Z30
    I had picked up a Note 4 phone a couple months ago while it was on sale to bide my impatients waiting on 10.3.1 for my Z30. After using it for a couple months, here are some comparisons looking at it from a more productive side. I have a small business so use my phones in a work non-corportate, non-enterprise environment.

Note 4 VS BBZ30

Least Importance
    Screen - Android -Larger, brighter, higher res

Physical feel � Blackberry - Even though the bigger screen is nice on the note while looking at it, the BB is a better size for pocket and holding while talking on the phone.

Medium Importance
    Call quality Android� slightly - Draw for voice quality, note is louder though so better in noisy environments

Flow/Feel � Blackberry � Z30 feels integrated, smooth and fast. Note 4 lags and feels disjointed

Web Browsing � Blackberry � MUCH faster than note4.

Messaging � Blackberry �The hub is just plain awesome for text and email

Other goodies � Notes, reminders - Android -The S-Pen is kinda nice for text selecting, otherwise it�s nothing special. I thought hand writing notes would be cool, but it�s just annoying trying to write small and neat, typing is much for efficient. Widgets are nice, I do like having a large time and weather just �right there� on the screen as well as an agenda widget to view without having to open anything up.

Voice commands � Android -They work well with OK Google and Hey Samsung. Hopefully though BB will match that with 10.3.1�s voice commands.

Most Important
    Apps/Notifications � Android I get email, text, weather, and all app notifiers in status bar and on lock screen. The native bank and paypal apps, that show instant notifications are really nice and make things easy on the Android device. Easier than having to open up a website to �check in� periodically. Maybe, just maybe 10.3�s better android integration will fill that in.

Summary
    It�s hard, �� I go back and forth between these 2 phones, I actually like my Z30 more and WANT it to do the things I need. When I use my Z30, I still keep my Android on and hooked to wifi to fill in the missing areas. It mostly comes down to native apps, it�s disappointing when you hit the app store and amazon�s app store and can�t find paypal, or ABC news, or this or that.
    ABC news is in the Amazon app store but I realize what you are saying. If you utilize SNAP (Google Play Store) it negates most if not all app concerns. SNAP is easy to load. I downloaded and use the Mobile Meet App for my daughters swimming. Works as well on my BlackBerry as it did my dad's Nexus 5.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 08:58 PM
    GUYS JUST DOWNLOAD SNAP!
    It's a Google play client for BlackBerry. Try Side loading it and watch the video on YouTube made by agent jucey! See the attachment of snap...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141231_042436.png 
Views:	2382 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	324310

Posted via CB10
    has any third party company looked at the source code for Snap? just to make sure there are no "harmful codes"? just curious. with so many hacking instances nowadays, one can't be over too protective of confidential info.
    12-30-14 09:08 PM

Medium Importance

Which voice commands were missing or not as good on BB10.3.1? Or are you just really into the 'wake-up word ' thing?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:20 PM
    has any third party company looked at the source code for Snap? just to make sure there are no "harmful codes"? just curious. with so many hacking instances nowadays, one can't be over too protective of confidential info.
    Pretty sure that it's been looked over many times. It's a CB member that wrote it.

I have not had any issues with it and it does give you access to everything. Some still don't work on 10.2.1 but most will in 10.3.1

Also many apps that say they need Google Play Service will work by ignoring the message stating you need it. Just tap outside the message Window for play services when it comes up.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:34 PM
    Hi,I was interested a lot in your feedback, as I'm hesitating to start using a BB10 Passport (or classic) or start with an Android device.

I see you like a lot your Z30 user experience, but you need the Android to fill in the gaps.
    Do you think the Blackberry fludity or other "nice experience" worth the struggle to run a second Android device in parallel to fill-in the gaps?
    Or would it be just better to stick with Android as a single device?
    Any advice or help would be appreciated!

Thanks for your ideas!
    12-31-14 03:15 AM
    My dad loaded the latest OS of 10.3.1 on his new Z30 (he's techy and fearless) and side by side it runs all the Android apps as well as his Note3. The battery life on his Z30 is nothing short of amazing on the most recent 10.3.1 autoloader released. I am running the 10.2.1 my Z30 recently came with and my Android apps run good. My dad's again great. Seriously thinking of running the autoloader on mine today.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 10:10 AM
    Jamie Wooten
    I had high hopes for 10.3.1 as well I went through a Q10, Z30 and a Passort. Unfortunately the lack of native app support I woumd up keeping my Note 4 as my primary device.
    I'm still hoping 10.3 official will be cool enough

bluetroll
    That's why I run an iPad alongside the Z30. Now it's the Passport I run alongside the iPad. It's mostly for games and the occasional cheque deposit.
    That's an option, using my note as a wifi device for the 'extras'.

bh7171
    Have you tried SNAP for Google Play apps? I just upgraded by Z10 to the Z30 and have been most impressed. It so smooth and fluid. I will admit I looked at the Note 4 as I more recently purchased a Samsung tab 4 8.4 pro. What held me back after two months with the tablet is that Android, at least for me, is not as intuitive or smooth as BlackBerry 10. Plus the value of unlocked BlackBerry devices right now is unmatched. My dad just bought a Z30 and switched from his Note 3. I'll be most interested to get his take in a few weeks. He may have similar but opposite views.
    I'll also note I am a small business owner and have never found a lack of apps an issue with BlackBerry 10. The browser is so good (and more secure for banking) it has been a non-issue. And those Android apps I have from Amazon or SNAP run as well on my BlackBerry(s) as they do my tablet.
    Haven't tried SNAP, I saw a lot of ppl posting the apps still didn't work right, or were very slow. But I guess I should try it for myself
    True, the browser is the best for sure. When it was my primary, I did have some browser shortcuts to use instead of apps. I just like the notifications that some of the apps give, like paypal on android.

Jamie Wooten
    I'm a real estate Appraiser and utilize wintotal apps for my appraisal software. I tried running it on my passport but it wouldn't access the photos and it didn't work the way it does on my Note or my iPad. Also I use MLS apps and Ekey apps, neither one would work.
    I'd love to go back to blackberry but I need certain things to do my job.
    Sounds like some work well and others don't....

Blackberry-Prince
    GUYS JUST DOWNLOAD SNAP!
    Thanks, I will have to give that a try

dguy123
    Which voice commands were missing or not as good on BB10.3.1? Or are you just really into the 'wake-up word ' thing?
    I meant I'm hoping the voice on 10.3 will work well, I have 10.2 and it's voice commands are pretty much un-usable.

olee2222
    Hi,I was interested a lot in your feedback, as I'm hesitating to start using a BB10 Passport (or classic) or start with an Android device.

I see you like a lot your Z30 user experience, but you need the Android to fill in the gaps.
    Do you think the Blackberry fludity or other "nice experience" worth the struggle to run a second Android device in parallel to fill-in the gaps?
    Or would it be just better to stick with Android as a single device?
    Any advice or help would be appreciated!
    The z30 experience really is great, if you don't need some of the android goodies when your out away from wifi, then a wifi android as a supplement is good.

bh7171
    My dad loaded the latest OS of 10.3.1 on his new Z30 (he's techy and fearless) and side by side it runs all the Android apps as well as his Note3. The battery life on his Z30 is nothing short of amazing on the most recent 10.3.1 autoloader released. I am running the 10.2.1 my Z30 recently came with and my Android apps run good. My dad's again great. Seriously thinking of running the autoloader on mine today.
    Interesting, I myself am waiting for offical 10.3, but will try snap on 10.2 just to see how well it works.

If just a few android apps could run well, and if voice commands work well enough, and if they fix some of the issues in maps/navigation in 10.3 and IF they could increase the call volume, the Z30 would be perfect
    12-31-14 10:47 AM
    Ok, just installed SNAP as suggested, very easy with this method
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l-snap-904548/

Just put the Walmart app (even the scan a receipt seems to work!), also loaded paypal app and holy moly, it works!! Not sure if it'll also give me notifications, but man, this really bridges the gap, very cool! Thanks for talking me into trying this.
    Going to test all my needed apps over wifi for a while, then if all is good, I'll activate my Z30 again
    12-31-14 12:56 PM
    An addition to original post

I forgot when I was typing out my starting post, to add the annoyances I do have with my Note 4 and why I'd prefer to have my Z30 as my main device.
    1) It's very 'touch happy'. Seems like I'm always triggering some app or opening something by accident. I'm constantly closing out apps that pop open, everywhere on the screen, edge, etc. it's so easy to trigger something.

2) The most annoying is missed calls. It vibrates so soft that I miss calls when it's in vibrate mode all the time. I look and there is a missed call or voicemail and never felt it vibrate in my pocket.

3) It lags when opening apps and such, sometimes a full second or more, enough you think you didn't press it good enough so you press again. The browser stalls a lot when about 80% through a page. My Z30 is lightning fast. Downloads are way faster on my Z30 too.

Now the Note's camera is the best I've used, it matches the Iphone 5c I had.. hopefully 10.3 official will fix BB's camera. It's pretty good outside, but indoors it's really aweful if you need flash. Here is a comp I just shot
    Attached Thumbnails 2 months of using a Note 4-flash-comp.jpg  
    Last edited by ronpfid; 12-31-14 at 02:43 PM.
    12-31-14 01:19 PM
    Guys snap is absolutely safe! Download it! There was a guy on cb who posted this a long time ago about snap I would like to thank him!! I do not profit for any contributions.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 04:17 AM
    I was unhappy not having a couple banking apps on my Z30. However, I realized my android app and the mobile site were nearly identical. Since this was the only thing I was not happy with, I got APK Creator from Snap. You just pop in the web address, and an image file for the app, your done. I did the same with google +, gmail, and even Inbox (which I uninstalled because its pointless). I needed gmail mobile to search old emails from months prior. I couldn't find a way to do it with the hub. Anyhow, it runs these apps without a browser. So you have no idea its a mobile site, and its a heck of a lot more convenient. The great part is that the mobile sites for banking have email notifications as well.

It sucks that we have to spend more time or money ($5 for BeMaps) to bridge the app gap, however if that is all that stands between the Z30 and near total contentment, its worth it. I just bought a flip case from Amazon that has slots for credit cards and an ID. It also adjusts brilliantly as a stand. My Z30 has a newfound major role in my day to day living. I love its elegence and what stands for. I am in my 40's yet I feel more grown up having left Android, to be truly honest.
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    01-01-15 07:16 AM
    Just another update on this, now 6 months with Note 4 and BBZ30.

I've gotten to know both phones very well, seeing all the quirks on the Note. Once the 'new phone fun' has passed, a person can really evaluate honestly.

The only true advantages of the Note
    Biggest 2 for me
    Larger Screen - good for browsing, viewing photos and videos. BUT, you really feel it in your pocket
    Camera - It has a REALLY really good camera for a phone.

Minor 2 advantages
    Apps (for most people)- Of course, more and better functioning android apps, even though I myself can have the ones I use on my BB so for me, BB's apps are fine
    Widgets - Just kinda nice to have my agenda, weather, etc. just 'there' on the home screen.

But, now the 'but'..

As far as operation goes, my Z30 is so much more solid and trustable.

* The note 4 is, IMO, flakey. Sometimes you get odd errors like 'google has stopped' or 'calender has stopped'. When I unlock it, who knows what app might be opened. I miss calls sometimes, the vibration is really loud on a table but almost unfeelable in the pocket, it changes itself to mute mode all the time. I'll see a voicemail, never got a ring, look, oh it's in silent/mute mode, grrrr. I don't use the S-pen anymore, it's easier to type a legible note than it is to try and write legibly on the screen. Sometimes the lockscreen messes up and gets stuck, sometimes the screen stays on and doesn't time out so you have to hit the button to shut it off. I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting. The Note is an odd phone, it's flashy, but quirky and sometimes laggy. The BB's browser is faster for sure.

OK, just had to post that, cheers,
    howards likes this.
    04-17-15 02:02 PM
    Wonder if you have updated the OS to 10.3.1.2582 or higher (2708/2726). Among other improvements, you get a much better android runtime. All android notifications come through the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 03:58 PM
    Wonder if you have updated the OS to 10.3.1.2582 or higher (2708/2726). Among other improvements, you get a much better android runtime. All android notifications come through the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    Trying to hold out for official, .....
    04-17-15 05:43 PM