Legacy Blackberrys are not industry standard anymore.
    Also think about it a little more. It's actually opposite the legacies anyway. On a 9900 to answer a call you push the left button. On a BB10 to answer a call you actually put your thumb down on the right side and then slide to the left. So while you might finish up the movement in the same spot, the actual path your thumb takes is opposite to answering a 9900.

If they are trying to resolve think points, think about the muscle memory that any android or apple expatriate is used to. I'd even wager that the majority of people that use the slider for the first time and answer quickly will get it wrong.
    You put your finger in the middle (not right) and swipe left to answer.
    If people get, Green to answer and Red to hang up (not the colour blind) confused, that's another problem all together. Even cordless home phones use the same Green/Red buttons located on the same sides.
    My son recently went from iPhone 4s to Z10 and hasn't once said anything about answering calls being a problem because of his iPhone muscle memory, lol.
    I think a few people are making a big deal out of nothing.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-06-14 06:07 PM
    You put your finger in the middle (not right) and swipe left to answer.
    If people get, Green to answer and Red to hang up (not the colour blind) confused, that's another problem all together. Even cordless home phones use the same Green/Red buttons located on the same sides.
    My son recently went from iPhone 4s to Z10 and hasn't once said anything about answering calls being a problem because of his iPhone muscle memory, lol.
    I think a few people are making a big deal out of nothing.
    You put your thumb near the centre and push or pull and regardless of exactly where in the screen your thumb goes, the opposite to what it is now, would be closer to what the had. In addition to that, it's still not industry standard and is in fact opposite the rest of the industry.

As someone who uses my phone a lot..... For phone calls, I can tell you that as I go back and forth between my Android and z10 I never accidentally do the opposite of what I want on my Android, but frequently do it on my z10, which is odd because before my Z I had a 9900, 9780, 9700, and 9000. If it was the same as those, shouldn't it be seamless for me?
    01-06-14 06:21 PM
    On Z10 I prefer the old one, on Z30, I prefer the new one.
    01-07-14 12:38 AM
    I think the original call screen looked great and was unique. A nice BlackBerry 10 feature.

In practice, I didn?t have a problem with how to answer, but I found a lot of times dragging up to answer wouldn't work. It's like it stalled part way through the motion and I'd have to do it again, sometimes a couple of times.

The new screen is just quick and easy. Not special looking but effective.

For that, it wins.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    01-07-14 01:25 AM
    In terms if "industry standard" I submit this: my cordless home phone. Clearly is the green answer button on the left and red end button on the right.

10.2.1 call screen-img_20140112_082947.jpg

Not to compare smartphones to home phones, but seriously I think it's being made a big deal for nothing. Personally I love the design of the new call screen, and though I thought before trying it that I would have issues with getting used to the new method I found it no less intuitive than the old method.

Posted via CB10 on the one and only Z30
    habs_fan, illlya and PatrickMJS like this.
    01-12-14 07:32 AM
    I agree with you, Fragment # 137, here is a photo of my Panasonic cordless phone and the button answer "Talk" is on the left and to hang up, "Off" is on the right.
    10.2.1 call screen-img_20140112_065455.jpg

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    01-12-14 07:56 AM
    I like the new look. I find it easier with one hand use. I also love that instant SMS/BBM reply feature if you can't answer an incoming call.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 08:05 AM
    The OP asked if there are any sideload options to revert to the old call screen which I think I would be a fan of
    01-13-14 03:11 AM
    The OP asked if there are any sideload options to revert to the old call screen which I think I would be a fan of
    No you can not.
    There are a few threads where it's been tried and discussed.
    01-13-14 08:20 AM
34 12