Hi guyz... I am thinking of buying a Z3 for myself. I'm a proud owner of Z10 (STL100 1). But i want to get a Z3 for myself. Ofcourse i will have to wait as it is not yet available in my country. Its hard to resist because of its 5 inch display and reasonable price.. But i am kinda facing a dilemma. I am not sure which one to buy, Z3 or Q5.. I must say, i am leaning towards Z3 mainly because of its larger 5 inch display. I have a few questions. I am a novice when it comes to technology. Here are my questions :-
    1) Both Z3 and Q5 have 1.2 GHz dual core processor. Ofcourse, there is no difference here as far as number of cores and clock-speed is concerned. But i don't think, the CPU in both the phones are the same (i might be wrong). I want to know, which one is faster? I guess, Z3's GPU is better.
    2) Which phone is better when it comes to running android apps? Do these phones run android apps smoothly, especially Z3 ??
    3) A very important question. How good is Z3's display? Ofcourse it is nowhere as good as Z10's display. But is Z3's display good enough? Is it vibrant and sharp? Or does the contents look pixelated ??
    Thanks in advance!
    05-24-14 10:35 AM
    Hi guyz... I am thinking of buying a Z3 for myself. I'm a proud owner of Z10 (STL100 1). But i want to get a Z3 for myself. Ofcourse i will have to wait as it is not yet available in my country. Its hard to resist because of its 5 inch display and reasonable price.. But i am kinda facing a dilemma. I am not sure which one to buy, Z3 or Q5.. I must say, i am leaning towards Z3 mainly because of its larger 5 inch display. I have a few questions. I am a novice when it comes to technology. Here are my questions :-
    1) Both Z3 and Q5 have 1.2 GHz dual core processor. Ofcourse, there is no difference here as far as number of cores and clock-speed is concerned. But i don't think, the CPU in both the phones are the same (i might be wrong). I want to know, which one is faster? I guess, Z3's GPU is better.
    2) Which phone is better when it comes to running android apps? Do these phones run android apps smoothly, especially Z3 ??
    3) A very important question. How good is Z3's display? Ofcourse it is nowhere as good as Z10's display. But is Z3's display good enough? Is it vibrant and sharp? Or does the contents look pixelated ??
    Thanks in advance!
    As for the specs,the Q5 is a bot faster thanks to its 2GB of Ram. GPU should be the same,dunno about the CPU. Screen resolution on the Q5 is better related to screen size. The Z10 is very similar to the Z3,but it has a better screen and quality overall (except for the battery). The Z3 is a great phone for what I can read and see but I think that instead you should buy a battery pack or a bigger battery for your Z10. The Q5,as the Q10,can can give you a 'new experience'. If you are looking for a 5'',with a big battery, that can be considered an upgrade look for a Z30 (maybe on the internet you can find great prices ;-)).
    For what apps are concerned, Q5 can run Android app quite well BUT the problem comes with apps/games built and intended for bigger screen devices..
    I hope I've helped you
    05-24-14 04:13 PM
    You know ram as nothing to do with the speed of the device in this case. Just that you can have 8 apps open on the Q5 and 4 apps open on the Z3.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    HereticHermit likes this.
    05-24-14 05:26 PM
    You know ram as nothing to do with the speed of the device in this case. Just that you can have 8 apps open on the Q5 and 4 apps open on the Z3.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    4 apps only? are you sure about that? that's a forked BB10 experience!
    05-24-14 05:36 PM
    4 apps only? are you sure about that? that's a forked BB10 experience!
    Most people rarely use the full 8 apps or even 5 apps. I usually keep it at 4 just because I can see all my apps directly without having to swipe down.. but yes I'm sure about that. It's been reported. And makes sense. Less ram to begin with plus headless apps running.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    05-24-14 05:41 PM
    Be aware that some apps are not available on the Q series from the official BlackBerry store and some android apps don't function properly, u don't see the bottom half of the screen if that makes sense

Posted via Q10
    05-24-14 05:46 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    And it's not just a matter of how many active frames opened.. Less Ram can also mean less speed in certain situations.
    05-24-14 06:05 PM
    I think they have the same CPU and GPU.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 06:31 PM
    Neither. The Q5 has a lot of android apps and even native apps not compatible with it. It does however have phenomenal battery life. The Z3 with its smaller amount of ram would not provide a good android experience. For example the moment I launch Skype (android port) around 600-700mb of ram get eaten up due to android runtime running.
    05-25-14 01:05 AM
    And it's not just a matter of how many active frames opened.. Less Ram can also mean less speed in certain situations.
    More Ram doesnt mean more speed, but if the clock timings of a certain ram is lesser, then yeah certain tasks will be done faster. But if you are running out of ram, the system can hang, and so the other programs can become non responsive since there is no free ram available for its working.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    smart548 likes this.
    05-25-14 02:49 AM
    More Ram doesnt mean more speed, but if the clock timings of a certain ram is lesser, then yeah certain tasks will be done faster. But if you are running out of ram, the system can hang, and so the other programs can become non responsive since there is no free ram available for its working.

Agree completely, but keep in mind the memory management on BB10 is quite aggressive. For example if you run a larger program in the background, like Skype, if it runs out of memory it terminates apps for you, so when you wanna switch back you need to relaunch. On the Z10 the lag time can be 2-5 seconds for larger apps
    05-25-14 03:13 AM
    As for the specs,the Q5 is a bot faster thanks to its 2GB of Ram. GPU should be the same,dunno about the CPU. Screen resolution on the Q5 is better related to screen size. The Z10 is very similar to the Z3,but it has a better screen and quality overall (except for the battery). The Z3 is a great phone for what I can read and see but I think that instead you should buy a battery pack or a bigger battery for your Z10. The Q5,as the Q10,can can give you a 'new experience'. If you are looking for a 5'',with a big battery, that can be considered an upgrade look for a Z30 (maybe on the internet you can find great prices ;-)).
    For what apps are concerned, Q5 can run Android app quite well BUT the problem comes with apps/games built and intended for bigger screen devices..
    I hope I've helped you
    "Faster thanks to its 2Gb of Ram"?

No.

Less RAM does not necessarily equal slower, especially given that open app restrictions in place on the z3.

Worse RAM can equal slower.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 07:11 AM
    Less ram only equals slower if you run out and the OS isn't good at freeing up ram. Every mobile OS is good at this now and so iOS gets away with 1gb and we get away with 1.5-2 without any significant slowdowns. The cost is more of in having to reopen apps from scratch.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 02:39 PM
    I think they have the same cpu/gpu combo, just the z3 has less ram because it's a super low budget device.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 11:12 PM
    Buy Z3. It is equipped with the fastest microprocessor for any BlackBerry smartphone - Snapdragon 400 !

Future updates may unlock value.
    05-30-14 11:24 PM
    I think they have the same cpu/gpu combo, just the z3 has less ram because it's a super low budget device.

Posted via CB10
    No its different, Z3 has a more powerful processor than the one on the Z10. and the gpu is also a generation newer than the Z10's.

05-30-14 11:40 PM
    Buy Z3. It is equipped with the fastest microprocessor for any BlackBerry smartphone - Snapdragon 400 !

Future updates may unlock value.
    nop, Z30 has the fastest MPC on a BB smartphone

05-30-14 11:41 PM
    Z3 is a better than Q5. As far as RAM goes, it does't affect the speed of UI. The real thing, is CPU and GPU. Q5 has got snapdragon 4 processor, whereas, Z3 has got, krait 200 cores, snapdragon 400. In other words,Q5's chipset is 2 generation older than Z3's. To get this simple, at equal clock speeds, i.e. 1.2ghz, and same no. of cores, i.e. dual cores, the Z3 is as much as 180% faster than Q5. I.e. nearly 2X.
    same scenario in GPU, adreno 225 in Q5 is very old. But Z3's 305 is one of the latest series, many flagship phones shipped with 300 series graphics, in 2014 also. the ram speed in q5 is also lower.
    Seacondly, with the os 10.3 update, there will be no limitation in the number of open apps.
    thirdly. Q5 has its own advantages, like LTE, Compass, GLONASS, HIGHER PPI.
    But Z3 is puts back with Bigger screen, faster 3G connectivity, Better WIFI. Screen is good, with good contratss, and Better viewing angle.
    Q5 is a bulky handset, and feels cheap, but Z3 looks a lot nicer, made by foxconn, same brand which makes, IPHONE

BY the WAy I use Z30. Which is the best
    11-01-14 07:49 AM
    no bb 10.2 never suffers ram problem,
    11-01-14 07:56 AM
    It looks like you want to run android apps and games on your phone. For that go for the Z3 for its screen size. I own one and it runs android apps pretty decent. If you want performance, expand your budget and buy a Z30. Good luck.

typed from an amazing keyboard. ||Z3 10.3.1.1016||
    11-01-14 09:01 AM
    Neither. The Q5 has a lot of android apps and even native apps not compatible with it. It does however have phenomenal battery life. The Z3 with its smaller amount of ram would not provide a good android experience. For example the moment I launch Skype (android port) around 600-700mb of ram get eaten up due to android runtime running.
    Well your incorrect here because the android runtime is always running.... it's running 24/7 that's why some android apps are also technically always open and you close them they reopen in a couple of minutes....

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 12:08 AM
    Went with the z3. It's awesome!

Posted via BlackBerry Z3
    11-05-14 07:12 AM
    I am using z3 right now, almost all of my games are android. Z3 is classy by its built quality, I am using 10.3.1 of and it's awesome. The only problem in 10.3.1 is that the bbworld minion rush and total conquest touch is not working, so I had just deleted them. Via battery, my previous z10 can't compete. The camera is mediocre and the screen resolution? It's not like the z10 but it's quite fine, but is satisfied with the experience, can't tell that it is a downgrade ( except for the camera, lol)

Overall it's a worthy bb10 phone to own, as a real phone not a toy.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 06:56 PM