BlackBerry has contacted us to let us know they will not be launching the Z3 next week in Indonesia. There has been some confusion with the report TheRecord has put out, but unfortunately, that launch date has not been moved up. The closest thing we have officially is what CEO John Chen said in the last BlackBerry earnings call land that is a May launch.
    SOURCE: N4BB
    BlackBerry Z3 Launching In May In Indonesia [UPDATED] - N4BB

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 03:32 PM
    Was it always launcing in May or was it originally stated that it's supposed to be April.
    04-05-14 05:19 PM
    Was it always launcing in May or was it originally stated that it's supposed to be April.
    It was supposed to be launching in April.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 05:37 PM
    When it was first announced they stated late April/early May.
    04-05-14 05:52 PM
    When it was first announced they stated late April/early May.
    That.
    Now it's confirmed to be at May but I'm unsure if it's early May or not.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 06:26 PM
    This is a delay.

Originally, it was said to be March/April. Then April. Now it seems May but that is just a guess.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 07:14 PM
    This is a delay.

Originally, it was said to be March/April. Then April. Now it seems May but that is just a guess.

Posted via CB10
    how is this a delay when a 3rd party news got their sources wrong, in this case, corrected?
    04-05-14 10:22 PM
    This is a delay.

Posted via CB10
    I never heard March. I heard April but not March.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:28 PM
    This is a delay.

Posted via CB10
    The phone was leaked March (Correct me if I'm wrong) some reviewers said it will be available by the end of April (it was a rumor), now it's confirmed to be released in May.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 01:54 AM
    John Chen said in the earning call for q4 that's it's releasing late April
    04-06-14 03:16 AM
    Hmm...Chen travelling the world to promote BlackBerry reports that:

Next week, Chen flies to Indonesia for the official launch of the Jakarta Z3 — the new large touch-screen smartphone BlackBerry produced in partnership with Taiwan-based Foxconn for the Indonesian market.
    It would make sense that the launch is either next week or the week after. I can't see him staying there for nearly a month for a launch. He has stuff to do in Canada.
    04-06-14 05:31 AM
    No one knows for sure. But I guess it'll be enticing to announce the phone a week before availability rather than the Z10 which was announced a MONTH before official sales.
    ediggity likes this.
    04-06-14 05:46 AM
    The phone was leaked March (Correct me if I'm wrong) some reviewers said it will be available by the end of April (it was a rumor), now it's confirmed to be released in May.

Posted via CB10
    http://n4bb.com/codename-jakarta-fox...ch-april-2014/

March / April was said back in December.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 06:11 AM
    No one knows for sure. But I guess it'll be enticing to announce the phone a week before availability rather than the Z10 which was announced a MONTH before official sales.
    In the UK the Z10 was available literally hours after the announcements
    meltbox360 likes this.
    04-06-14 10:49 PM
    please tell me that is not ture

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 08:28 PM
    For those in the U.S., it was 2-3 months before sales. 6 months for the Q10.

It's unacceptable!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    05-07-14 01:57 PM
    For those in the U.S., it was 2-3 months before sales. 6 months for the Q10.

It's unacceptable!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Yes... that gives a negative perception about the company...
    And hence they test the patience of the buyers... waiting eagerly with the money in hand for buying a new BlackBerry...

This is truly unacceptable... also the phased rollout is fine until they keep meeting their deadlines....

This time they said April, but the first week of May has ended and there's no news about her phone.

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    05-08-14 04:17 AM
    Yes... that gives a negative perception about the company...
    And hence they test the patience of the buyers... waiting eagerly with the money in hand for buying a new BlackBerry...

This is truly unacceptable... also the phased rollout is fine until they keep meeting their deadlines....

This time they said April, but the first week of May has ended and there's no news about her phone.

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    Here we are mid-May and no BlackBerry Z3.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    05-15-14 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD