Hey guys! Good to hear great feedback from you!! This will be the device that brings BlackBerry on track in terms of image in public.

I have a slightly negative news though! My friend bought a z3 from lot mobile here hyderabad on Thursday and since then was unable to install any applications.

Error: Error installing appl. utf8 codec cant..... rest of it is hidden under stop icon.

Application itself is downloaded and installation begins and stops with this error.

No change if it's any other app.
    No change with Wifi only.
    No change without sim.
    No change with a replacement device.
    No change after security wipe.
    No change after language and region change and BlackBerry World refresh.
    No change after multiple reboots.

Os version is 10.2.1.2941.

Any ideas? My friend is trying to get in touch with BlackBerry India.

In a way I was major influence for him to even consider BlackBerry and now after all these troubleshooting steps I wonder if he still wants to keep the phone and will ever talk good about BlackBerry. This already has a foe out of potential patron. BlackBerry really has to step up and come up with some mechanism to address even minor issues with z3. This is the device which will bring and keep new customers to the platform.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 07:45 AM
    Hey guys! Good to hear great feedback from you!! This will be the device that brings BlackBerry on track in terms of image in public.

I have a slightly negative news though! My friend bought a z3 from lot mobile here hyderabad on Thursday and since then was unable to install any applications.

Error: Error installing appl. utf8 codec cant..... rest of it is hidden under stop icon.

Application itself is downloaded and installation begins and stops with this error.

No change without sim.

In a way I was major influence for him to even consider BlackBerry and now after all these troubleshooting steps I wonder if he still wants to keep the phone and will ever talk good about BlackBerry. This already has a foe out of potential patron. BlackBerry really has to step up and come up with some mechanism to address even minor issues with z3. This is the device which will bring and keep new customers to the platform.

Posted via CB10
    Try reloading the os using BlackBerry link. As it is new phone ask the customer support first

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 08:08 AM
    i just received my z3 via flipkart.. and i feel the device is solid and sturdy ..

a bit hiccup while restoring .. couldnt restore application data ... so had to download everything from app world.. so the battery was fast draining .. couldn't complain . within 6 hours ..

plus the screen and the onscreen kb is a delight . with bigger fingers.. this is a perfect fit.. .

but still my eyes are on passport :love:
    07-05-14 08:21 AM

No change without sim.

Posted via CB10
    If it doesn't work even with a replacement device, I think problem coming from software only.

Can you give us more details about which app did you tried to install and was it okay out of the box?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 08:56 AM

No change without sim.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a bad apple, could happen to any phone of any company. Since it's brand new can't you just get it replaced?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 12:41 PM
    Go to Settings -> AppManager->Installing Apps. Maybe he has disabled Apk installations by default. Is he able to install from BlackBerry World?

Dev of AutoCrop Scanner
    07-05-14 06:30 PM
    Try reloading the os using BlackBerry link. As it is new phone ask the customer support first

Posted via CB10
    Also don't restore because that can reintroduce software bug. Just do a security wipe and then use phone.

Dev of AutoCrop Scanner
    07-05-14 06:32 PM
    Nice to see generally good feedback here. Keep them coming.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    07-05-14 06:38 PM
    Ok. Looks good and BIG.
    Heavier than Z10..

Just had a brief look until now while switching it on.

Display is good.
    Camera is not as good as in Z10, probably because it is poor light now. Tomorrow will check in day light.

Touch is good, though I felt not as smooth as Z10. Z10 has a sexy touch mind u..

Download - pretty cool and fast. Again I 'felt' not 'as' fast as in Z10.. :-)

Btw, there are some paid Apps for free download as exclusive offer for Z3.

Initial verdict :
    For 15K, awesome deal.
    Wife gets it, I keep my Z10. :-)

... Z10
    You and your spouse are sweet BlackBerry user.

White z10 user.
    07-05-14 07:50 PM
    i have bought the z3 today..but there s a problem. my device doesn't connect to the internet via wifi. it says "connected to WIFI_AP. but below that it says 'the device could not connect to the internet. please check if you are connected to a hotspot or change to another network'. but wifi works perfectly on my laptop and other phones. and because of this i cant get past the initial set up Please help!
    07-05-14 11:27 PM
    i have bought the z3 today..but there s a problem. my device doesn't connect to the internet via wifi. it says "connected to WIFI_AP. but below that it says 'the device could not connect to the internet. please check if you are connected to a hotspot or change to another network'. but wifi works perfectly on my laptop and other phones. and because of this i cant get past the initial set up Please help!
    Is there not an option for you to turn off wifi network and pass the set up?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:31 PM
    Try static IP with associated subnet mask. Use subnet-calculator.com for accurate settings. When there are multiple devices at home (tablet, mobile, desktop, laptop, smart TV,..) static IP is more reliable than DHCP.
    07-06-14 12:30 AM
    how could that be done?! o.0
    07-06-14 01:26 AM
    Z3 Owners in India - post your feedback!-img_20140706_232413.png

Posted via CB10
    shorski and mas_quemex like this.
    07-06-14 12:56 PM
    Just restart your router and modem to see if it helps. I had same problem when I upgraded the OS on my Z10 few months ago.
    07-06-14 02:42 PM
    Z3 supports 64GB memory card according to this review

BlackBerry Z3 review: Good build and battery life - Tech2
    07-07-14 09:56 AM
    I have bought Z3 for my wife who has migrated from Android. She is loving the phone. She is loving the battery backup she is getting backup of about 28 hrs. Her Android was only lasting about 12-14 hrs.

BlackBerry Z30 Rocks
    LeeU1911, Korepab and mas_quemex like this.
    07-09-14 08:22 AM
    NIce wallpaper. Can you kindly send a link for the wallpaper?
    Thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140706_232413.png 
Views:	1345 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	283397

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 02:18 AM
    Turn off data under network but leave wifi on. This could be a server problem that will resolve shortly. I've had this on my Z10. Thankfully it does not happen very often.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-10-14 02:58 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=939316 this thread might help you.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-10-14 03:01 AM
    Z3 is in bestsellers list of Snapdeal.com right next to Z10.

http://www.snapdeal.com/products/mob...em:Blackberry|
    LeeU1911 likes this.
    07-10-14 06:31 AM
    Here you go
    Z3 Owners in India - post your feedback!-waves_blue_red.jpg

Posted via CB10
    neel69 likes this.
    07-13-14 08:44 AM
    Z3 is in bestsellers list of Snapdeal.com right next to Z10.

http://www.snapdeal.com/products/mob...em:Blackberry|
    Another Indian store where the Z10 is more popular than the Z3.

Z10 is #6 within smartphones at Rs. 13850 and up, and there are quite a few cheaper ones in this range. #1 to #5 are more expensive (2 Galaxy Grand, 2 5S, 1 4S).
    07-13-14 09:05 AM
    After using for few days, some more feedback.

- Battery holds for more than a day on 3G. It's good.
    - display is good , touch also smooth
    - performance is decent

- Camera esp during low light is not good. Average
    - Games which need gyro will obviously disappoint on UX as gyro is missing

The Big screen is the biggest plus. Looks awesome and with BlackBerry 10 OS this is definitely a win compared to Android competition. Only they cld have made the camera better.

... Z10
    don_poky likes this.
    07-13-14 09:22 AM
    You cannot reply from the lockscreen. Lockscreen is the screen you get after you lock the device. You can view and open notifications there but not reply directly.

What you mean to say is you can reply from any screen using "Instant Reply" ?

Hmm after few days on BlackBerry Z3 here is what I think.

What I liked:
    UI looks cool and simple.
    Honest battery backup(better than all my previous android phones).
    Excellent keyboard.
    Awesome notification(we can even reply from lockscreen).

What I didn't liked:
    Bettery is taking long time to charge.
    Phone overall size is big(even though phones with 5 inch screen looks smaller) & slippery.
    Music player doesn't have equaliser,so have to buy any paid app to enjoy music.

Hmm that's it,overall I really fallen in love with my Z3.

Posted via BlackBerry Z3
    07-22-14 11:44 PM
194 1234 ...