Hi,

Since I couldn't find any decent information about it out there in netland: Does anybody or the Crackberry community have an ideas as to when the Z3 will be availble in Europe? (afaik it will be available eventually, but the real question is *when*).

Reason: Looks like the Z10 is slowly taken out of the market (at least this is what we're experiencing from our service provider) without no real replacement (sure the Z30 is there but at a much higher price) this leaves a gap for a full touch screen phone.

Thanks much in advance for any clue,
    -bbes36
    06-18-14 03:04 AM
    As of now, there is no known official statements from BlackBerry, Ltd. themselves of any possibility of a Z3 release in Europe any time soon. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Also, it hasn't even been released on most of the Asian countries, which is the target market for the said device.
    06-18-14 04:13 AM
    BlackBerry really should pull their finger out and make a version of the Z3 available to Europe and North America, don't market it and try and get carriers to stock it but at least make it available if someone wants it. They say they want to increase Enterprise usage and for me the Z3 is a great device for this, it's probably the best all touch devices as...

# The Z30 is great but too expensive for mass issuing to users.
    # The battery in the Z10 does not have enough capacity and has to be charged to often.

... with the Z3 you get the bigger screen (admittedly with no resolution improvement though) and a superior battery to the Z10's. It won't set the world on fire but I believe that they'd sell enough to Enterprises to make a profit on them and get more BlackBerry's out in to the real world !.
    06-19-14 11:08 AM
    Stay tuned. Good news might hit you soon.
    Since I'm under NDA I cannot tell you anything :-(

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 11:54 AM
    The Z3 LTE version is most likely to come to Europe and NA.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-19-14 12:00 PM
    Stay tuned. Good news might hit you soon.
    Since I'm under NDA I cannot tell you anything :-(

Posted via CB10
    How about I pay you One billion gajillion fifillion shaabadoodoollioonillion million dollars?

06-20-14 02:21 AM
    So my main question will be when the Z3 comes to Europe with LTE capability, will the current specs cut it for the LTE experience? (sufficient RAM, Processor speed etc)
    06-20-14 05:06 AM
    So my main question will be when the Z3 comes to Europe with LTE capability, will the current specs cut it for the LTE experience? (sufficient RAM, Processor speed etc)
    It's not certain that the Z3 LTE will have the same specs. Some think it will have upgraded specs.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-20-14 09:49 AM
    It's not certain that the Z3 LTE will have the same specs. Some think it will have upgraded specs.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    That's what I would've thought as the specs would need to be beefed up in order to handle the LTE radio... to me it just seems a little daft having different variants of the same phone dependant on region or market because surely that would cost more to make separate devices for each market rather than one device that has all the radios

That last sentence is a prime candidate for someone who's crafty with MockIt!!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:41 AM
    Z3 with LTE should be called Z4, no?

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    06-25-14 02:33 PM
    Really excited to see how much the Z3 will launch at when it comes to Europe

This may very well be my next device possibly - I'd love the Passport or the Classic but something tells me the Z3 will undercut both the Passport and Classic on price

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 05:26 AM
    Extract from annual report of fiscal 2014 :

...As BlackBerry has started to design and market devices in selected regions only, not every device will meet FCC, Industry Canada and EC requirements. The most recent example is the Z3 device, which is primarily designed for the Indonesian market and is not tested to meet all of the FCC, Industry Canada and EC requirements. Whether devices developed under the Foxconn partnership will be tested by the Company or non-BlackBerry labs going forward is currently under review...
    It means no Z3 for West.
    07-13-14 03:02 PM
    You can find it on eBay for around �200.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 03:54 PM
    If they are going to sell a 3G-only device in Europe, it should be dual-SIM.
    07-13-14 05:21 PM