Hi guys, I am using Z10 for quite a time and loving the touchscreen and built. I am considering on switching to Z3 because I'm thinking of a better battery life. I'm not playing games (specially android games on Z10), so.I usually use my phone for communication purposes. Is Z3 worth an.upgrade? I am.just afraid with the internal memory because it's only 8gb. My internal memory on my Z10 now runs at 7.3gb including systems and all apps I need. Thanks for the reply.

"BlackBerry is the extension of my hand" - DadaBerry C00182421
    08-18-14 05:58 PM
    If you want a beast of a phone you should think about the Z30 ,
    08-18-14 06:51 PM
    Z10 to Z3 is an upgrade if you want better battery life and a bigger screen. But if you want to play games, then the limited storage (8GB) will limit the number of games and apps you have and the limited RAM (1.5GB) will definitely limit the game quality. If i'm not mistaken, it has a 5 MP camera (as opposed to 8 MP) and a lower resolution screen.

Overall, the Z3 is less of an upgrade and more of a degrade from the Z10. The device I think you want is the Z30. It has amazing battery, fairly good screen, big screen, 2GB RAM, 16GB Storage and 8 MP camera. The Z30 is the perfect gaming device because of its amazing battery life and bigger screen.
    08-18-14 06:54 PM
    I suppose I can't afford to buy the Z30 since it is really good. What I want is a decent battery that could last me a day. Hehe. Thanks.for your replies.

08-18-14 06:59 PM
    I suppose I can't afford to buy the Z30 since it is really good. What I want is a decent battery that could last me a day. Hehe. Thanks.for your replies.

The Z30 is known for lasting a few days straight (unless you play heavy games, and even then it'll last at a day which is extremely good)
    08-18-14 07:11 PM
    Its not an upgrade. You've just went using a different boat with similar capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 07:37 PM

Z3 is an upgrade from a battery perspective. It can easily last a day. Regarding the internal storage, how much do your current apps allocate? On my Z3, the apps eat up to 2.1 GB and I still have ~1GB free.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 07:39 PM
    I usually get a little under 300mb of ram left with 4 apps running

Posted via BlackBerry Z3
    08-18-14 07:45 PM
    I usually get a little under 300mb of ram left with 4 apps running

Posted via BlackBerry Z3
    Make sure you shut them down by the task mgr,
    08-18-14 07:59 PM
    The Z3 is a backup if your Z10 is in for repairs and the Z30 is a downgrade. Z10 all the way blue jay!
    08-18-14 08:16 PM
    I n
    From Z10 to Z3.. is it an upgrade?-img_20140818_055253.png

I normally consume this much. I just prefer a better battery. Another option is just to get a battery bundle.for Z10

08-18-14 11:15 PM
    The Z3 is a backup if your Z10 is in for repairs and the Z30 is a downgrade. Z10 all the way blue jay!
    The z3 is better than the z10 in my honest opinion having used the z10 it's great as well but the screen is a bit small having been spoilt by Android devices, 5inch is the sweet spot for me now. Also it's smoother than the z10 if I recall well.

Posted via BlackBerry Z3
    08-19-14 04:16 AM
    Lateral move at best

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 04:24 AM
    Thanks for your support. People are advising me to get a battery bundle.if I won't get a Z3.

08-19-14 04:55 AM
    The z10 has better display and has a faster processor with more ram, the z3 has. Better graphics, lesser ram but much better battery! Go with the z3

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 05:12 AM
    The z10 has better display and has a faster processor with more ram, the z3 has. Better graphics, lesser ram but much better battery! Go with the z3

Posted via CB10
    Actually it has worst graphics

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 08:00 AM
    Z10 has a better battery because you can swap it easily. Z3's battery is under the hood untouchable. Z10 wins all on display, RAM, and Camera. But Z3 has bigger display

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 08:05 AM
    I have using a Z10 for almost a year and decide to to take a Z3 when it was release in Indonesia.... and personally I think it's an Update. I just have an issue with the camera (Doesn't work). But the BlackBerry 10 Experience is better on a biggest screen.

Post via my Z3 Jakarta Ed running 10.0.XXX
    08-19-14 09:12 AM
    Z10 to Z3 is an upgrade if you want better battery life and a bigger screen. But if you want to play games, then the limited storage (8GB) will limit the number of games and apps you have and the limited RAM (1.5GB) will definitely limit the game quality. If i'm not mistaken, it has a 5 MP camera (as opposed to 8 MP) and a lower resolution screen. ...
    Hardware wise, bigger screen doesn't means better graphics and resolution.
    Bigger battery juice tank is certainly a plus, but as pointed out, unremovability makes Z3 much easier to be dump away by users after more than a year of usage, more than 300(or 1000 depending users' usage patterns) cycles of charge, as it will be much expensive to send to service center for battery replacement as the warranty on batteries are stick to just a single year rather than 2 on the rest of the hardwares and components as per BlackBerry offering.
    Camera wise is a clear downgrade, from 8mpx in Z10 to 5mpx in Z3. But to me... it's a par... Why? Refer to my reply to another bro here...

Z3 is an upgrade from a battery perspective. It can easily last a day. Regarding the internal storage, how much do your current apps allocate? On my Z3, the apps eat up to 2.1 GB and I still have ~1GB free.
    If we put this against XiaoMi's Mi3, Z3 wins in 2 field, battery and MicroSD slot. However when it comes to apps management... It will be better that in the next update, BB better comes with something like install to External Memory feature such that the system don't get too clogged up with apps, either active or in sleep...

The z3 is better than the z10 in my honest opinion having used the z10 it's great as well but the screen is a bit small having been spoilt by Android devices, 5inch is the sweet spot for me now. Also it's smoother than the z10 if I recall well.
    Different folks different strokes. I would like to have a 5incher as well. In fact in Singapore market now, there are more than 10(or more...) other competitive makes from either local makers or chinese or any other asian makers with same or close hardware specs like Z3 have, or even better, with addition of much lower pricing! I would have got those recently... but considering that my palm is not that big, texting often felt a little difficult... Z10 is good to me as the size is good, and the screen is just nice for my daily web surfing needs.

Z10 has a better battery because you can swap it easily. Z3's battery is under the hood untouchable. Z10 wins all on display, RAM, and Camera. But Z3 has bigger display ...
    Hmmm... i guess you have a bigger palm than me? And how i hope that BB engineering team can come up with a battery that packs with more juice can fit into Z10 slot... It's kind of pity... recent months of z10 updates only unlocks FM reception in the Texas Instrument variants but not the Qualcomm sets...

I have using a Z10 for almost a year and decide to to take a Z3 when it was release in Indonesia.... and personally I think it's an Update. I just have an issue with the camera (Doesn't work). But the BlackBerry 10 Experience is better on a biggest screen.
    I have just hit 2 weeks more than a year with my first Z10, and 8mths with my 2nd. So far so good on the updates, except 1 or 2 with sucks off my power juice faster than expected with my regular settings. Camera wise... 8mpx looks good on specs, but not so good when compared to 9860. Those who use their BB in work environments that require taking pictures and attach to corporate emails that comes with upload size limitations may agree with me... After u take a picture, you have to crop it to a size such that you can upload to the mails as attachments. When it comes to clarity... even with 640 x 480 resolution settings on my 9860, it's still very much clear to take fine details than 8mpx cropped pics from Z10.
    In other threads, i had mentioned times and times again on this. The next BB10 updates better be packed with more options in camera settings such that the file size is friendly not only in workplace, but also in some forums where uploading limitations is present.

Z3 will be release widely in Singapore this coming Monday. And i guess i won't be rushing to the sellers to gun one down. I will be likely to stay put until the pricing is finalized, considering that there are other better options from other camps.
    08-23-14 10:22 AM
    Thanks buddy. Very well said. Z10 has indeed better specs. It's just a matter of priority.

08-24-14 12:32 AM