When Blackberry Z3 First Launched In India , Media And People Were Saying That The Phone Is Highly Over Priced At 15900 Rs ( 265 $) , Apart From The Pricing, Blackberry z3 Was Facing Competition From Moto G And Now Xiaomi ( Apple Of China) Has Launched Mi 3 With Better Specifications Den Blackberry z3 At Just 14000 Rs ( 232 $)
    the Xiaomi Mi3
    smartphone went on sale on the e-
    commerce website Flipkart. This
    was an exclusive launch
    introducing the Xiaomi phones to
    India. 38 minutes and 50 seconds
    later the phones were sold out.
    Flipkart�s website crashed in the
    meantime.
    Flipkart and Xiaomi did not say
    how many units they sold. Some
    100,000 users had pre-registered
    for the sale. And at least half of
    them did not get a chance to buy
    as the site crashed, according to
    an executive at one of the
    companies. The companies have
    announced another sale on 29
    July.
    The sales rush taking down
    shopping websites is the new
    benchmark of demand�the
    virtual equivalent of midnight
    queues and broken doors at real-
    world stores.
    Similar reports of the website
    crashing were seen when Flipkart
    had exclusively launched the Moto
    G and Moto E earlier this year

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-23-14 06:18 AM
    There is no comparison because one ships with a free OS while the other comes with a Premium high quality business oriented OS.

If you're a bored housewife, I would recommend the Xiomi to entertain you..

But if your life relies on email and business communications, there is no competition to the BlackBerry device.
    07-23-14 07:04 AM
    Indian business that need a BlackBerry to add to their BES10 Networks will buy the Z3.

Some people that love BlackBerry will buy the Z3

People that assume that the Z3 will work just like their old Curve or Bold will buy the Z3 - maybe they will even keep it.

But no the average consumer is going to look at the features and the prices and dismiss the Z3. There are too many other devices with better specs, lower prices and that actually have ecosystems.

But the key is they will sell some, and they will make money on those sales. Based on the low amount of inventory that is being shipped, I think BlackBerry and Foxconn are being very careful to only meet the initial demand and not to overship the Z3 and build up wasteful inventory. Maybe they only sell 500K Z3... they could still make a short term profit on that small of a number of devices. No they aren't stopping the marketshare shrinkage, no they aren't going to increase the BlackBerry Platforms users base.... but profit is profit.
    07-23-14 07:13 AM
    This is a silly comparison. Of course BB can't compete with Xiaomi. Xiaomi has to put half the investment in their phones compared to BB. Why? Because they have Google - a giant corporation hundreds of times the size of BB - designing, updating and maintaining their OS. All they need is a team of design engineers and some factories with cheap / automated labour and they're done. While BB needs the same, but also a huge software team constantly developing the OS, a developer relations team, a security team, an enterprise team� No comparison. Of course the phone will cost more.

This was Google's utter brilliance when they came out with Android. They've won. No one can compete. Google couldn't care less which OEMs do better than others, as long as the software is theirs. Any phone maker that uses Android can almost without trying offer their phones for half the cost of a non-Android. Even Apple can't compete with this. There's nothing so amazing that a $700 iPhone offers that can compete with a $200 Xiamoi with similar specs. And Apple invests way more into each phone, just like BB, to ever be able to offer a $200 iPhone. It's silly to blame BB or Apple for this fact.

We don't hear much about Xiaomi (or similar such brands) in NA because our market is more regulated and the carriers don't have a relationship with them. But if they're ever able to enter the market, watch out. There is no fair comparison here. There are some features of BB that are unique and will always still appeal to a small subset of consumers. But in the big picture, Google's strategy has won.
    Yasch22 and The Big Picture like this.
    07-23-14 10:21 AM
    Webber, you do realise MIUI is a fork of android right? Built almost from the ground up.

But seriously, which consumer gives a flying fcuk what the costs are? Not competitive? Tough.

FYI, they sold 40,000 mi3's in 4 days.
    07-23-14 01:03 PM
    Also, the fact this thread is even comparing a flagship device to a entry level device..... makes BlackBerry look like a joke.
    07-23-14 01:05 PM
    Webber, you do realise MIUI is a fork of android right? Built almost from the ground up.

But seriously, which consumer gives a flying fcuk what the costs are? Not competitive? Tough.

FYI, they sold 40,000 mi3's in 4 days.
    First of all a forked Android is not even CLOSE to the same as an OS "built from the ground up." Not even remotely close.

To your second point, I totally agree, no reason consumers should care about costs. That wasn't my point though. My point is just that Google's strategy - to give a free OS and accompanying ecosystem to any OEM who wants it - has clearly won. It gives companies like Xiamoi an insane advantage over companies like BlackBerry and Apple. They just can't compete against this kind of advantage. It's not their fault and it's silly to blame them for having to price their devices higher. Google just had the winning strategy and now they're reaping the rewards.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    07-23-14 07:55 PM
    First of all a forked Android is not even CLOSE to the same as an OS "built from the ground up." Not even remotely close.

To your second point, I totally agree, no reason consumers should care about costs. That wasn't my point though. My point is just that Google's strategy - to give a free OS and accompanying ecosystem to any OEM who wants it - has clearly won. It gives companies like Xiamoi an insane advantage over companies like BlackBerry and Apple. They just can't compete against this kind of advantage. It's not their fault and it's silly to blame them for having to price their devices higher. Google just had the winning strategy and now they're reaping the rewards.
    Good points.

I, for one, laughed heartily at said strategy. Then again, I also mocked the original iPhone and predicted Palm would return to prominence.
    07-23-14 08:34 PM
    I like MIUI because of its customizable interface but I've read that they jumped on the super-duper high specs bandwagon with Mi3 and along with the G3 have not been mind blowing.

The Z3 is well priced given BB10's capabilities and unique experience IMO. If price is everything then....
    07-23-14 08:50 PM
    Starting to get annoyed with these Chinese knockoffs and phones that don't pertain to North America. The fact is. Blackberry can still sell a few phones in Asia and Africa but the bottom line is what they can sell in NA. Comparing a high spec phone to the z3 is just ridiculous. There's a reason your shirts are made in China. Because slavery is still legal. Even out the dollar of China to USA or Canada and this topic would not even exist because neither would those Chinese phones. Blackberry would be number 3 still but gaining a lot more ground.

Posted via CB10
    JL Sweeney likes this.
    07-23-14 09:06 PM
    Good points.

I, for one, laughed heartily at said strategy. Then again, I also mocked the original iPhone and predicted Palm would return to prominence.
    The original iPhone really was more of a feature phone introducing some smartphone features to dumbphone users than anything else. Until the app store came out that is.
    07-24-14 05:28 AM
    Starting to get annoyed with these Chinese knockoffs and phones that don't pertain to North America. The fact is. Blackberry can still sell a few phones in Asia and Africa but the bottom line is what they can sell in NA. Comparing a high spec phone to the z3 is just ridiculous. There's a reason your shirts are made in China. Because slavery is still legal. Even out the dollar of China to USA or Canada and this topic would not even exist because neither would those Chinese phones. Blackberry would be number 3 still but gaining a lot more ground.

Posted via CB10
    Well, Asus owns pegatron, so I assume Asus zenphones are made by pegatron, as well as a lot of other brands.

Foxconn makes the xiaomi's, as well as BlackBerry and iphones. So I'm not sure about the whole slavery BS.

You seem to think the entire world revolves around north America. I'm sorry mate, but India, China and Indonesia are far bigger markets, especially at this price point.

Calling these knockoffs is as ridiculous as saying Sony ripped off RCA.

If you do your research, you'll find that the founders and key management in xiaomi are former IBM, Lenovo, Microsoft, Motorola, and apple executives
    07-24-14 05:33 AM
    There is no comparison here. Chinese stuff being compared with Canadian stuff ??also everyone knows Chinese stuff breaks faster than everything else .go anywhere in the world with a BlackBerry and ppl will be like wow a BlackBerry but alternatively when they see your Chinese branded mobile they will be like euuuuuuuu were did you buy the garbage from??( no matter how fancy and good the device is) .

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dikku11; 07-24-14 at 06:03 AM.
    07-24-14 05:41 AM
    There is no comparison here. Chinese stuff being compared with Canadian stuff ??also everyone knows Chinese stuff breaks faster .go anywhere in the world with bb and ppl will be like wow BlackBerry but alternatively when they see your Chinese brand mobile they will be like euuuuuuuu were did you buy the garbage from( no matter how fancy the device is) .

Posted via CB10
    LOL.
    afhstingray likes this.
    07-24-14 05:55 AM
    There is no comparison here. Chinese stuff being compared with Canadian stuff ??also everyone knows Chinese stuff breaks faster than everything else .go anywhere in the world with a BlackBerry and ppl will be like wow a BlackBerry but alternatively when they see your Chinese branded mobile they will be like euuuuuuuu were did you buy the garbage from??( no matter how fancy and good the device is) .

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, how old are you?

Posted from a D618
    Bsbudd and afhstingray like this.
    07-24-14 06:05 AM
    yeah everybody is using this trick but they are definitely more than blackberry
    07-24-14 06:09 AM
    Do you know iphone is made in China?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 06:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    In order to perform a reality check, please follow the steps below:

1- inspect labels on your devices
    2- if none of them say China, congratulations!
    3- if any of them say China, slap yourself with a goldfish. If all of them say China, slap yourself with a large, live trout, cold and lively from a freshwater stream. Kthanksbai.

*the contents of this post are proverbial in nature and are not implying fishy abuse should be condoned or encouraged.
    Akash Chauhan2 likes this.
    07-24-14 06:58 AM
    In order to perform a reality check, please follow the steps below:

1- inspect labels on your devices
    2- if none of them say China, congratulations!
    3- if any of them say China, slap yourself with a goldfish. If all of them say China, slap yourself with a large, live trout, cold and lively from a freshwater stream. Kthanksbai.

*the contents of this post are proverbial in nature and are not implying fishy abuse should be condoned or encouraged.
    Lets talk business here, if companies do business with China it's bcoz they provide standards at low cost to that companies . Now if companies like for example X wants to take contract from example apple they must live up to the standard ,so to attract the companies like apple they should provide good hardware parts and components.now xiamo is totally a Chinese company and who knows what components they may be using to reduce costs???.i know one factor is cheap labour and distance but do you really think they can evade tax and components cost and provide high end device at such a low cost.in that sense the device comparable to nexus 5 will be as low as 9000 without tax which I don't think company using high end component provide as the company will be cutting profits also cutting profit to expand business in India is not profitable in the long run.

Also most devices are assembled in china

Also I have seen your comment in various section of the forums and you are being extremely toxic to forum members in manner of presenting comments.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dikku11; 07-24-14 at 08:41 AM.
    07-24-14 07:34 AM
    Do you know iphone is made in China?
    I phones are assembled in china.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 08:21 AM
    Lets talk business here, if companies do business with China it's bcoz they provide standards at low cost to that companies . Now if companies like for example X wants to take contract from example apple they must live up to the standard ,so to attract the companies like apple they should provide good hardware parts and components.now xiamo is totally a Chinese company and who knows what components they may be using to reduce costs???.i know one factor is cheap labour and distance but do you really think they can evade tax and components cost and provide high end device at such a low cost.in that sense the device comparable to nexus 5 will be as low as 9000 without tax which I don't think company using high end component provide as the company will be cutting profits also cutting profit to expand business in India is not profitable in the long run.

Also I have seen your comment in various section of the forums and you are being extremely toxic to forum members in manner of presenting comments.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, you were being serious.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    07-24-14 08:24 AM
    Comes down to 2 issues..... cost and margins.... or some it does not matter what phone you buy as long as it is cheap.... many of my computer clients are that way.... not interested in qualitily... they would rather buy an emachine brand over a Dell or HP.... that they do not realize is yes they are cheap but they do not last as long as a better built computers... sameis with smarphones... Have a z10 but actually use my 9800 as a mp3 player... works like a charm ( as much as it one can expect ) drop it all the time ( clumbsy)... still works great with a little wear on the sides..... as for margin.. if you sell in volume on the cheap and millions you make money... if you are premium and have good margin you do not need to.... so it really is apples and oranges....
    07-24-14 08:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    You do realise, that the whole suicide scandal at Foxconn started because of apples relentless downward pressure on costs right? When you have bargaining power of that level.....what do you think is going to happen?
    07-24-14 08:55 AM
    Even if what you said is correct, it shows China "assembles" high quality devices timely in large quantity with acceptable costs. None of any countries in the world can do that.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 07:43 PM
    Even if what you said is correct, it shows China "assembles" high quality devices timely in large quantity with acceptable costs. None of any countries in the world can do that.
    Yeah cheap labour is one of the major factor there. People work there at the cheapest wage due to large population plus working conditions are worst as these people tend to get cancer more often as shown in the news

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 11:19 PM
46 12