guys, let me keep the question (may be stupid) very simple and short... upgrading to 10.3 will restore the native apps or not?

got a new Z3 couple of days back, and while connecting to Link, there was an update to 10.3 from 10.2, however due to laptop issue i was failed to update. however while trying to do the update via OTA, 401 MB required to download. due to my impatience nature i removed facebook, linkdin, twitter etc from device thinking it will be re-downloaded from app store. however it was not helping me as there are lots of apps which can not be removed like office or storymaker etc.poor me, post installation from app store, facebook become web based which was a native app and linkdin icon got missing.

now if i update thru link (currently downloading), will it be restore those apps or not, however link is showing 10.x.x.2836 whereas Mega link is having 10.x.x.2888 firmware. which one is better?

thanks in advanced.
    09-26-16 03:33 AM
    don't know which is better but if you don't futz with anything all the native apps will be installed. so you should get those missing apps back.
    09-26-16 05:33 AM
    installed 10.3.2.2836 however facebook is not loaded back, i think due to removed from device app. now i have only one option left .. manually load x.x.x.2888. let me check with old fb bar file .. if not worked than i have to keep my eyes busy with documentation ...

thanks very much.
    09-26-16 07:06 AM
    by the way .. do i need to wipe the device post update? seems a little lag is there post upgrade......
    09-26-16 08:31 AM
    An autoloader will restore the phone to factory settings, including default apps. Installing 2888 with such will bring things back to normal (although make sure to get app updates from BlackBerry World, especially the Android runtime).

And no, you don't really need to wipe the phone after install.
    09-26-16 09:56 AM
    Thanks mate for the clarification, however I have already wiped the phone and seems that lag is gone. While setting up, one update popped up with a size of 37mb which re installed Facebook (app, and I am not gonna update it), LinkedIn, Evernote etc.

I am not a big fan of Android for apps. Though I use few apps on a day to day basis ( very limited count) and if those can be sideloaded I will be happy with bb10 only.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 11:52 AM