When I was a kid, saw the BlackBerry device in my Dad's hand. He as a doctor had to use the device for the famous BBM. It actually used to act as a secure Call Book system aka pager to inform Doctors to attend to specific patients in the Hospital. The device looked so professional. Always aspired to get one. That was a time when people sporting BlackBerry device were viewed as serious about their work type(perhaps my imagination ) Then came the time for my first BlackBerry device. 9300 it was(had that "now I am a professional" outlook) Qwerty was my thing! Enjoyed the device. Someone introduced me to the CrackBerry nation. Never imagined the community to be so hip and happening. Made a new relationship with the BlackBerry brand. Whenever people had something bad to say about the company, always fought back. Purchased a 64GB PlayBook despite many rebukes from the Store owner(after all, this time Dad also supported me to go with BlackBerry than Samsung).Then came the BlackBerry 10 announcements. I needed it. It was a reinvention I thought. It was completely different OS. More innovative. More dependent on gestures. Hoped. Prayed, that PlayBook will get the update. It didn't. It didn't had 'that' adequate specifications for the update. No issues. Still enjoy using it.
    Since the time Z10 was released in India, I was desperate for it. However, price was pathetically high during those times. So I settled with Samsung's S4( released near about the same time). Loved Android. Perhaps more because it had a lot of native apps supporting my medical profession(now I am a doctor too! ) Was heartbroken when they reduced the price of Z10 to less than 50 percent! Had it been earlier, would have definitely got that one.
    My girlfriend needed a smartphone. She is definitely no way techy. She wanted a Sony device. But I on my conscience wanted a Z10. Took her to a BlackBerry store. She played around with Z10. And she made a decision. Z10 it is! She mastered all the gestures on her own under a day or two(after all people used to say it needs a "long" learning curve).
    Then came the biggest announcement of Z3 Jakarta. I straight away headed to the BlackBerry Store to enquire whether it will come to India or not. They said it will. Very soon.
    Pre booking started. Went for it. And at last got my Z3( Needed another phone along with the S4. So why not BlackBerry). Faced few problems with some features, but I suppose it's worth not bothering. Now I can proudly say, I love my BlackBerry. It's outright professional, secured and no denying the fact an entertainment hog.

Now few thoughts about the Z3.
    Built is way better than expected. It feels way premium in hand. It weighs a lot than Z10 or even S4.
    Battery outright awesome. Never expected it to outweigh S4's 2600mAh. And I am currently using Z3 as my primary phone.
    Screen resolution-Pixelation can be seen when you go closer.
    It is definitely marked by few occasional jitters, and there are some momentary pauses while transitioning from one task to another.(Can't complain at this price)
    Camera is not the best. It is enough to get descent enough clicks. Time shift is wonderful.
    Have installed few Android apps. It lags a bit. Rest all smooth Hopefully Medscape will run.
    Love how fast camera and the contact app opens up on clicking. As compared to S4 wherein I have to wait for at least 10 seconds to open just the Contact option(Octa core :P!!) Just imagine the embarrassment when I ask someone's number and after the person completes saying his number, dialpad opens!
    Overall no complains for a device in this price range.
    Few thoughts about the cost of the device. It's Rs. 15900 at present. And I feel there is nothing wrong in it. Actually it is worth that cost. Don't know how people compare it with Moto G which is altogether running on a different platform. You want a BlackBerry, go for it. You need a Moto G(Android stuff), then go for it. Don't start gambling up your decision based on price. Both are entirely different platforms!

Just a last minute thought. Perhaps a little suggestion. BlackBerry, you have built something awesome. Please do invest a bit more on marketing. People will love it if they get to know it more. Perhaps more TV ads. After all when I purchased my tablet, most of them never knew BlackBerry had a tablet.
    Just a few thoughts from a die hard fan of BlackBerry!
    AmritD, bigbadben10, m1kr0 and 9 others like this.
    07-10-14 01:49 AM
    Awesome post!

Posted via CB10
    neel69 likes this.
    07-10-14 01:55 AM
    Well written.

BlackBerry Z30 Rocks
    neel69 likes this.
    07-10-14 03:49 AM
    Bigger fan salute.

Z30 heals,weed cure!
    neel69 likes this.
    07-10-14 04:06 AM
    Thanks for that well written post. Lots of very good points. I love my Z10 no regrets what so ever. The Z3 is coming to HK soon & I'll be interested just to check it out. It sounds like a much better device than I originally thought it was. Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 64GB PlayBook.
    neel69 likes this.
    07-10-14 04:16 AM
    Well written doctor

Posted via CB10
    neel69 likes this.
    07-10-14 04:17 AM
    Good read! BlackBerry ftw!!

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    neel69 likes this.
    07-10-14 04:23 AM
    I'm sure the z3 is for me. i so love my social media,movies and light gaming.
    07-10-14 08:02 AM
    Thank you for your great post neel69!

First, congrats to you that you became a doctor. Just like your dad. That's awesome!

Second, I pretty much agree with all the points you made about BlackBerry and the Z3. The Z3 feels very premium in your hands. When I receive a call and put it up to my ear, I love how nice it is and the back of it is not slippery which allows me to hold it firm in my hands. Just love that feel.

Sure we can complaint much about the camera and a few occasional hiccup at this price point but man, this phone is superior and is very much on par with Z10 performance-wise. I hope the battery and performance will be even better with 10.3.1 release.

Thanks again for nice post!
    neel69 likes this.
    07-10-14 11:02 PM
    Awesome post doc! I hope in the next few months you'll post your impression about the blackberry passport!

Posted via CB10
    neel69 likes this.
    07-11-14 05:38 AM