Jakarta is a low end phone, it isn't going to need highend bench marks, also because BB10 does not have bloatware, I have complete faith that this phone will work just fine
    laketrout73 and deptech like this.
    02-14-14 12:39 PM
    omg that's low ... will it even be able to make phone calls or send text messages with just two CPU cores?
    02-14-14 12:41 PM
    If BB wants to succeed, it needs to compete with phones like the Moto G. If the Moto G is a better phone, has more/better apps (including BBM) and is cheaper, why would anyone buy the Jakarta from BB? (hint, they won't).
    It should be about the same price but BlackBerry has far greater brand awareness , places to buy and most likely more carrier support. Foxconn has promised to build a factory in Indonesia. Lastly it is called the Jakarta and will be sold primarily there at the start. I am thinking that Indonesians will want to buy this BlackBerry.
    02-14-14 12:44 PM
    The declining market share for BB in those countries has zero impact on my statement.

Read it again:

If someone is set on buying a Blackberry, Chen and co. would much prefer them to buy a BB10 unit rather than a legacy unit. If someone isn't loyal to Blackberry, then they wouldn't be one who is "going to buy a Blackberry anyway".
    Market share is dropping indicating people are losing interest in BB ergo they are becoming less likely to buy it. The diehard BB fans will most likely buy this but the people sitting on the fence is what BB needs to focus on and if the rest of the world sales of BB10 is any indication, the Jakarta phone won't sell as well as you think.
    02-14-14 12:53 PM
    Market share is dropping indicating people are losing interest in BB ergo they are becoming less likely to buy it. The diehard BB fans will most likely buy this but the people sitting on the fence is what BB needs to focus on and if the rest of the world sales of BB10 is any indication, the Jakarta phone won't sell as well as you think.
    Losing interest in BBOS phones such as the 9720. Unlike the USA, BlackBerry can turn it around in Indonesia. Foxconn would not be involved if they didn't think they can sell the phones.
    02-14-14 12:57 PM
    Time will tell but in Indonesia, BB is sitting at around a 14% market share and is continuing to dwindle (with the Jakarata being months away).

Back in September, Android made up 91, 83 and 81 percent of total smartphone sales in Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore respectively, BB has a huge hill to climb and I don't see them doing well.
    02-14-14 01:31 PM
    Emphasis mine.

You're saying the exact same thing as I am. This is a phone made for users of low-cost Blackberrys who wish to remain Blackberry users

Why are you implying that I think the Jakarta will sell well at all?

I think sales will be extremely poor, but I think that those are Blackberry's expectations as well.
    02-14-14 02:27 PM
    Mike007 being the spy that you are you could well be correct. The Jakarta will be going up against the Nokia X which is a cheap android but with Nokia build quality.
    02-14-14 04:41 PM
    Emphasis mine.

You're saying the exact same thing as I am. This is a phone made for users of low-cost Blackberrys who wish to remain Blackberry users

Why are you implying that I think the Jakarta will sell well at all?

I think sales will be extremely poor, but I think that those are Blackberry's expectations as well.
    My bad, I assumed you thought it would sell well as most on here think it will be the savoir for BB (isn't every model going to be the savior/sell like hotcakes lol).
    02-14-14 04:50 PM
    omg that's low ... will it even be able to make phone calls or send text messages with just two CPU cores?
    Dumb question x_x
    02-14-14 07:26 PM
    It should be about the same price but BlackBerry has far greater brand awareness , places to buy and most likely more carrier support. Foxconn has promised to build a factory in Indonesia. Lastly it is called the Jakarta and will be sold primarily there at the start. I am thinking that Indonesians will want to buy this BlackBerry.
    BB also losing marketshare in indonesia....recent report they only account of 14% marketshare in 2013, while in 2012 they have 37% marketshare

BB today are peeceived negatively in indonesia
    02-14-14 07:38 PM
    Based on my observation, BlackBerry still had place for Indonesian consumers, but lack of marketing last year makes them switch to Samsung which is had a GREAT marketing.
    Most of them carried 2 phones, BlackBerry legacy phone & the others Android/iOS, even when BBM already available on Android/iOS.

If Jakarta doing well in terms of marketing & price , there will be a turnover for BlackBerry.
    02-14-14 07:54 PM
    I think jakarta should ise the 1,5 dual core from MTK.. so it would still be 1,5 dual but with lower cost.. but I don't know about security in MTK's processors.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 08:20 PM
    Untill we know the price of the device we won't know what device to compare the results to.
    02-14-14 08:50 PM
    BB also losing marketshare in indonesia....recent report they only account of 14% marketshare in 2013, while in 2012 they have 37% marketshare

BB today are peeceived negatively in indonesia

Smartphone penetration only sits at 24% . Between 2014 and 2017 there will be 60 million smartphones sold in Indonesia.
    Rising tide should raise all boats if they make a good phone.
    02-14-14 08:52 PM
    Smartphone penetration only sits at 24% . Between 2014 and 2017 there will be 60 million smartphones sold in Indonesia.
    Rising tide should raise all boats if they make a good phone.
    yup but the momentum now are for android phone....

if they want to hold or take back their position in indonesia, they cant make a half assed BB Jakarta phone, it have to be a phone with great hardware specs, and good pricing....because to be honest they already losing on brand perception, ecosystem, and apps.

in 2013 there are lot of $100 dual core 1.2ghz a7 processor android phone being sell in indonesia....using last year low end hardware specs doesnt look so good..
    02-14-14 09:28 PM
    yup but the momentum now are for android phone....

if they want to hold or take back their position in indonesia, they cant make a half assed BB Jakarta phone, it have to be a phone with great hardware specs, and good pricing....because to be honest they already losing on brand perception, ecosystem, and apps.

in 2013 there are lot of $100 dual core 1.2ghz a7 processor android phone being sell in indonesia....using last year low end hardware specs doesnt look so good..
    At some point a cheap phone is just a cheap phone. Which phone looks better, feels better and has a better OS? We will have to wait to find out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-14-14 10:33 PM
    Thread moved to the new Z3 (Jakarta) sub-forum!
    02-17-14 12:03 PM
43 12