Oh you were talking about the GPU, CPU and GPU look a lot alike when reading posts quickly

Posted via CB10
    This is true

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 07:32 AM
    I got the game from BBW, which seems to be an android port, and yes, the game experience is awful. In game, not smooth at all.

What model you've got? Do you have the -1 with PoverVR GPU?

I have the stl 100-2 one.

Posted via CB10
    I have the STL 100-4.

Are you sure that it's a port? It sure doesn't behave like one. None of the telltale "Android" signs are there. I suppose I could trash the Android runtime to determine for sure but I don't want to wipe just yet.

I have more issues with some Gameloft titles. Asphalt 7 ran like dog droppings, and 8 was completely unplayable until the recent update. They seem to have taken a "slap it together and maybe fix it a year later" attitude lately when it comes to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 09:34 AM
    I have the STL 100-4.

Are you sure that it's a port? It sure doesn't behave like one. None of the telltale "Android" signs are there. I suppose I could trash the Android runtime to determine for sure but I don't want to wipe just yet.

I have more issues with some Gameloft titles. Asphalt 7 ran like dog droppings, and 8 was completely unplayable until the recent update. They seem to have taken a "slap it together and maybe fix it a year later" attitude lately when it comes to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I get the impression that it is not a port.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 10:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Me too, the typical android bar at the bottom doesn't exist at all and pop ups from the game look like BB10, not the typical ones you see from an Android app. I'm inclined to agree.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 10:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    I thought that bb10 native apps have 'build for BlackBerry' badge. RR3 has no such badge.

Now regarding RR3 gameplay: I've just re-tested it on both z10 and iphone 5. On the z10, the game definitely runs on lower FPS and drops more frames. If you compare side by side you really notice the smoothness on the iphone 5.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 03:58 PM
    I thought that bb10 native apps have 'build for BlackBerry' badge. RR3 has no such badge.

Now regarding RR3 gameplay: I've just re-tested it on both z10 and iphone 5. On the z10, the game definitely runs on lower FPS and drops more frames. If you compare side by side you really notice the smoothness on the iphone 5.

Posted via CB10
    There are a number of other criteria to receive 'built for BlackBerry' status beyond being built natively.

I'm not a dev so I don't know exactly what they are.

• C00087C61 - Non Traditional Premed
    • C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    • C00124663 - Vancouver WhitecapsFC - A supporter and Capo's perspective
    04-09-14 04:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Android ports cannot have the badging, that's an automatic disqualification. But there's a lot of other nitpicky things they want to see for it to qualify, AND you have to apply for the badge too. Think of it as a "seal of approval".

Regarding the gameplay in RR3, yes there are a few spots where it drops frames, but not in a way that really makes it unplayable. I don't like the controls much though. Needs gamepad support.

Asphalt 7 on the other hand, had moments where it dropped to 1fps, and Asphalt 8 was pretty bad about it too until the recent update. The lag would pretty much make you wreck.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 05:28 PM
    Well, considering a minority of BlackBerry users knows you can install APKs, let along sideloading Snap, I guess it only matters for the Android ports on BlackBerry World, which are not as numerous as it was on PlayBook. I don't think it will be such a big deal for mainstream users if these apps are working well or not, as long as BlackBerry doesn't have access to APKs legally and directly anyway via BB World.
    04-15-14 09:16 AM
    Yeah. If you can get a z30. I am so blown away with how well it performs

Finally posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    04-16-14 11:17 PM
    Regarding the gameplay in RR3, yes there are a few spots where it drops frames, but not in a way that really makes it unplayable.
    sorry for the offtopic: i've watched some nova 3 videos on YouTube. It was running on stl100-1. The game run smooth!
    Then I've installed on my stl100-2 and the game is noticeably slower, it runs on lower fps..
    Is this adreno 225 so weak in comparison with powervr gpu?
    Do you have stl100-1 model? If yes, that explains everything.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 02:54 AM
    sorry for the offtopic: i've watched some nova 3 videos on YouTube. It was running on stl100-1. The game run smooth!
    Then I've installed on my stl100-2 and the game is noticeably slower, it runs on lower fps..
    Is this adreno 225 so weak in comparison with powervr gpu?
    Do you have stl100-1 model? If yes, that explains everything.

Posted via CB10
    STL 100-4, the STL100-1 isn't even sold in this country.

If all goes well I'll have a Z30 before the month is done.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 09:10 AM
36 12