when i tried to update my z3 it said free up more 400mb of memory. the thing is i have 3gb space on my device. what is the problem? what should i do?
    nick13b likes this.
    06-02-15 03:01 AM
    06-02-15 06:38 AM
    What could be the ota size for 10.3.2 (z3) and how much internal should be free to install it?
    06-02-15 01:47 PM
    2.5 times size of update OS

Example :

700mb
    2.5 x 700mb = 1.75 GB

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    06-06-15 11:25 AM
    Out of 8 GB, 5GB is used by system. Next update size approx 1.6 gb i.e 4GB internal is required. May be the reason for not availability of 10.3.2 OTA for z3 till now .
    06-06-15 12:01 PM
    Out of 8 GB, 5GB is used by system. Next update size approx 1.6 gb i.e 4GB internal is required. May be the reason for not availability of 10.3.2 OTA for z3 till now .
    If you use BlackBerry Link to do the update, all will be sorted and you won't need 2.5x the size.

I experienced the same issue with my Q5 and used BlackBerry Link to sort it out

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    06-06-15 02:31 PM
    If you use BlackBerry Link to do the update, all will be sorted and you won't need 2.5x the size.

I experienced the same issue with my Q5 and used BlackBerry Link to sort it out

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    Is it possible a clean installation through link w/o pressing factory reset button manually, I mean, if I don't take any backup or perform reset, link performs clean installation or not?
    06-06-15 03:53 PM
    Is it possible a clean installation through link w/o pressing factory reset button manually, I mean, if I don't take any backup or perform reset, link performs clean installation or not?
    You can factory reset in Blackberry Link by clicking the "Reload Button" This will return your Blackberry device to the Original OS that it came with in the box. After that you can upgrade to the latest OS.

Or simply plug in your device, and upgrade to the latest OS.

How much space do I need to update my BlackBerry Z3?-screen-shot-2015-06-07-10.41.02-am.png
    06-07-15 03:44 AM
    You can factory reset in Blackberry Link by clicking the "Reload Button" This will return your Blackberry device to the Original OS that it came with in the box. After that you can upgrade to the latest OS.

Or simply plug in your device, and upgrade to the latest OS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 10.41.02 AM.png 
Views:	279 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	356424
    That means factory reset only clean the existing data, no 3rd party apps removal or reloading uninstalled apps which is done by reloading os. If I just download update through link and install it, I think factory reset will be done, no reload. Please clarify.
    06-07-15 03:54 AM
    That means factory reset only clean the existing data, no 3rd party apps removal or reloading uninstalled apps which is done by reloading os. If I just download update through link and install it, I think factory reset will be done, no reload. Please clarify.
    Ok, lets try this again.

If you click "Reload Button" This will return your Blackberry device to the Original OS that it came with in the box. This means that all your apps and pictures on the device will be wiped. unless you have things stored on a Micro SD that should be alright but just remove in case.

There is a separate section once you have connected your device which will allow you to check for the latest update. This will update your device to the latest version available for you and you will keep all your apps and photos. Nothing will be deleted. Exactly the same as OTA but you won't need all that extra space to download.

Bare in mind, if you are updating to OS 10.3.2 you will have to re-enter you BBID. So make sure you have the details before you update. BBID is so you can log into Blackberry World.

Hope this helps
    idhbar likes this.
    06-07-15 06:28 AM
    Ok, lets try this again.

If you click "Reload Button" This will return your Blackberry device to the Original OS that it came with in the box. This means that all your apps and pictures on the device will be wiped. unless you have things stored on a Micro SD that should be alright but just remove in case.

There is a separate section once you have connected your device which will allow you to check for the latest update. This will update your device to the latest version available for you and you will keep all your apps and photos. Nothing will be deleted. Exactly the same as OTA but you won't need all that extra space to download.

Bare in mind, if you are updating to OS 10.3.2 you will have to re-enter you BBID. So make sure you have the details before you update. BBID is so you can log into Blackberry World.

Hope this helps
    Thanks for this details. I have decided to update my set by link first, then for out of the box service, will perform reload.
    06-07-15 07:55 AM