Even though I like the form factor better just feel like I can't justify buying the updated Z3/30 lte ones it comes out as I already have the Z30 does this make me a bad person. I have and hold the z10 and z30 but don't feel like I can Justify purchasing the new phone when it comes out, since it seems to be the same spec wise. Would have liked to have all BB10 all touch though if only they'd been more apart from each other
    07-28-14 09:51 AM
    Not a bad person at all. I personally don't buy every new BB that comes out. Some people do. It's just a matter of choice and doesn't reflect on how good or bad you are.
    07-28-14 09:59 AM
    Not buying a phone can't possibly make you a bad person. Otherwise you'd be a bad person to Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Sony etc for buying a BB10 device. If you don't want to downgrade, that's just fine. It's your own choice what device you want and don't want, it's not like BlackBerry will be mad at you as it is only a company

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 10:00 AM
    It wasn't so much a self-esteem as a phone-etics question as I wanted to see if other crackberryns felt the same way or many wanted to buy the phone due to it being new eldricho hits the spot with the "downgrade" remark don't know which battery the z3ff/Z30 hw will come with though
    07-28-14 10:10 AM
    I dont know why you would get the Z3, It would be a downgrade since you already have the Z30.
    07-28-14 10:14 AM
    I dont know why you would get the Z3, It would be a downgrade since you already have the Z30.
    Rumour has it the comming Z3 will be equelt to the Z30 spec wise dont know what battery capacity it will come with though.
    07-28-14 10:24 AM
    It wasn't so much a self-esteem as a phone-etics question as I wanted to see if other crackberryns felt the same way or many wanted to buy the phone due to it being new eldricho hits the spot with the "downgrade" remark don't know which battery the z3ff/Z30 hw will come with though
    You are NOT a bad person. You are a deeply caring, sensitive (overly so?), well meaning CrackBerry member who wants the best for BlackBerry and your fellow users.

You ARE, however, a bad "punctuator" and "capitalizer", but no one here holds that against you.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    Jakob Greve and lift like this.
    07-28-14 10:52 AM
    And if it wasn't about self esteem or bull**** like that, what's up with the stupid "am I a bad person" title? You too bored or something?
    There is nothing wrong with your question. afhstingray (who I quoted above) has nothing positive to say about anything except an android phone. Ignore his insults and maybe he will go away. He insulted me in another thread too.
    If you have a Z30, then a Z3 will probably be a downgrade. If you don't feel the need to buy one, as was said before, that would not make you a bad person. I know you feel like BlackBerry could use your money and you would probably like to help them, but don't worry, nobody said you HAVE to.
    I will probably buy a Z3 LTE just to have one. I don't need one either, but I will just add it to my collection.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-28-14 11:15 AM
    You ARE, however, a bad "punctuator" and "capitalizer", but no one here holds that against you.
    Hey DocDRM, maybe English is not his native language. There a lots of people here at CrackBerry from all over the world. Just saying.
    07-28-14 11:34 AM
    Hey DocDRM, maybe English is not his native language. There a lots of people here at CrackBerry from all over the world. Just saying.
    See end of my sentence you quoted. Perhaps I should have added a smiley to indicate my oft- misunderstood sense of humor?

P.S. I am what I consider FRIENDS with people all over the world because of CrackBerry. Both here on the site and via BBM - Canada, Thailand, Indonesia, S.Africa, Nigeria, Vietnam, Australia - a quick list of countries with BBM contacts and friends.

P.P.S. Almost forgot:

afhstingray likes this.
    07-28-14 12:33 PM
    See end of my sentence you quoted. Perhaps I should have added a smiley to indicate my oft- misunderstood sense of humor?

P.S. I am what I consider FRIENDS with people all over the world because of CrackBerry. Both here on the site and via BBM - Canada, Thailand, Indonesia, S.Africa, Nigeria, Vietnam, Australia - a quick list of countries with BBM contacts and friends.

P.P.S. Almost forgot:

No worries. I was not coming down on you at all. I thought maybe you forgot that this site is world wide and English is not the native language of many that come here to post. You're a great guy. I was just trying to be courteous to the OP and others who struggle with English.
    All is good
    07-28-14 12:37 PM
    I think this is possibly the first post of yours I've seen which I agree with you wholeheartedly.

English is my first language but having lead and managed teams all over the world, you learn to look closely and ask, instead of bashing the person straight out.
    07-28-14 12:39 PM
    I think this is possibly the first post of yours I've seen which I agree with you wholeheartedly.

English is my first language but having lead and managed teams all over the world, you learn to look closely and ask, instead of bashing the person straight out.
    Maybe some how we could learn to get along and agree to disagree on many of our opinions. Thanks for the nice post.
    I don't think he was bashing, he was stating what he thought of his grammar. But all is good. If you read DocDRM's post, he cleared it up nicely.
    afhstingray and DocDRM like this.
    07-28-14 12:42 PM
    You evil, evil person *smh*! just trying to be dramatic as well......if the lte version has the same hardware specs as the current version, heck even if it has slightly better specs, why would anyone buy it at $400? That's a 32GB Nexus 5!
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-28-14 12:53 PM
    Honestly, since this is about unicorn hardware, shouldn't it be in the Rumors forum?
    07-28-14 12:57 PM
    Even though I like the form factor better just feel like I can't justify buying the updated Z3/30 lte ones it comes out as I already have the Z30 does this make me a bad person. I have and hold the z10 and z30 but don't feel like I can Justify purchasing the new phone when it comes out, since it seems to be the same spec wise. Would have liked to have all BB10 all touch though if only they'd been more apart from each other
    Just because you spend your money wisley or not, doesn't mean your are a bad person or not. IMO the two are unrelated, given the obvious exemptions
    07-28-14 01:28 PM
    Sounds like 1st world problems

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    afhstingray and Q10Bold like this.
    07-28-14 01:43 PM
    I want to get this straight; are you saying you feel guilty for not liking an upcoming product? Because I'm pretty sure that even BlackBerry's marketing team doesn't expect all BB fans to instantly run out and buy all BB products.

I'm glad the Z3 is coming out. It will be a nice, affordable handset. I don't need a nice, affordable handset, and I already knew I wasn't getting the Z3. Doesn't mean it's a bad product, or a bad idea. It's just not for me, and I'm okay with that.
    itsachickthing likes this.
    07-28-14 01:52 PM
    Sounds like 1st world problems

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    Yea. Op is upset his high end devices arnt "new". Too much money, too little time to spend.
    07-28-14 02:14 PM
    I don’t think that this makes you a bad person for making a rational decision based on all of the facts before you. I can see where you are coming from and understand that as a fan of BlackBerry, you want to support the BlackBerry brand and you have by buying the device that you wanted, the BlackBerry Z30 -arguably the best BlackBerry to date. If you cannot justify buying a new device that seems equal or inferior to your present device, well then, I’ll call that a smart decision.
    lift and Jakob Greve like this.
    07-28-14 02:18 PM
    You could be a bad person but it has nothing to do with which smartphone you purchase. The Z30 is the cat's meow and I wouldn't dream of trading mine in for a Z3. Pick any spec and the Z30 beats it or is at worst the same.

Even though I've never had much interest in the keyboard models, this Passport is piquing my interest I'll have to admit.. Perhaps you should save some cash for that? I will likely wait until at least Spring 2015 before I make any changes.
    afhstingray likes this.
    07-28-14 02:35 PM
    You could be a bad person but it has nothing to do with which smartphone you purchase. The Z30 is the cat's meow and I wouldn't dream of trading mine in for a Z3. Pick any spec and the Z30 beats it or is at worst the same.

Even though I've never had much interest in the keyboard models, this Passport is piquing my interest I'll have to admit.. Perhaps you should save some cash for that? I will likely wait until at least Spring 2015 before I make any changes.

This. If you really want to stick with BlackBerry, just wait for a bit. Buy a tablet or something to play around with if you're itchy to spend money on a new toy.
    07-28-14 02:44 PM
    There is nothing wrong with your question. afhstingray (who I quoted above) has nothing positive to say about anything except an android phone. Ignore his insults and maybe he will go away. He insulted me in another thread too.
    If you have a Z30, then a Z3 will probably be a downgrade. If you don't feel the need to buy one, as was said before, that would not make you a bad person. I know you feel like BlackBerry could use your money and you would probably like to help them, but don't worry, nobody said you HAVE to.
    I will probably buy a Z3 LTE just to have one. I don't need one either, but I will just add it to my collection.
    Well STL100-3 will buy one regardless of specs probably. I can't say that I will. However if BlackBerry were to release a Z3 with exactly the same specs as the Z30 and with eg a better battery say 3.000 Mah or+ I'd probably go for that. I haven't held the Z3 in my hand but i like the Look of it better than the Z30.

(I somehow always thought my white Z10 had some resemblance to an Iphone and my Z30 has some resemblance to the Galaxy S series. - Some say the Z3 looks like a Black Lumia phone but I think it's formfactor seems aesthetically clean and pleasing).

All in all if BlackBerry made a phone with the same specs as the Z30 just slightly better (in the chassis of the Z3) I Believe most of the die-hard hardcore fans of BB10 all touch, that I seem to belong to - They would go out and grab such a handset. If on the other hand it's still a direct downgrade I think many with a Z30 will skip like I'm considering. - + at $ 400 it's still a not so cheap phone wether your a newcomer or a BB-fan for life
    07-28-14 04:18 PM
    Well STL100-3 will buy one regardless of specs probably. I can't say that I will. However if BlackBerry were to release a Z3 with exactly the same specs as the Z30 and with eg a better battery say 3.000 Mah or+ I'd probably go for that. I haven't held the Z3 in my hand but i like the Look of it better than the Z30.

(I somehow always thought my white Z10 had some resemblance to an Iphone and my Z30 has some resemblance to the Galaxy S series. - Some say the Z3 looks like a Black Lumia phone but I think it's formfactor seems aesthetically clean and pleasing).

All in all if BlackBerry made a phone with the same specs as the Z30 just slightly better (in the chassis of the Z3) I Believe most of the die-hard hardcore fans of BB10 all touch, that I seem to belong to - They would go out and grab such a handset. If on the other hand it's still a direct downgrade I think many with a Z30 will skip like I'm considering. - + at $ 400 it's still a not so cheap phone wether your a newcomer or a BB-fan for life
    I will buy a Z3 (because I am a fan of all touch BlackBerry phones) IF the Z3 will have full LTE and HSPA+ compatibility on AT&T and T-Mobile. BlackBerry's only mistake with the Z30 was it should have been released with full LTE and HSPA+ compatibility for AT&T and T-Mobile. This bologna of having different versions for the 2 main GSM carriers was a mistake in my opinion. If the Z30 was fully AT&T compatible then I believe they would have sold more, regardless of AT&T not officially carrying them.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-28-14 07:32 PM
    I bought one of the z3s sold by expansysusa imported from Malaysia and I also own a z30, z10, q10, dev alpha b, and HTC one m7. Out of all of those phones I would only be more likely to use the z30 as a daily driver than the z3. It gets 4g(hsdpa) on att in orlando Florida and it Flys. Definitely faster than any of my other phones other than the HTC one and z30, although it sometimes beats the z30 with opening some apps and general smoothness. It is lighter than the z30 and feels kinda like an oversized z10 with no top or bottom chin. I can't say for sure that I like the build quality better than the z30 but the design seems more ironically BlackBerry. The sim tray and SD card slot on the z3 suck. The screen isn't bad at all. The z30 kills it indoors or after the sun goes down but during the day the z3s screen actually looks better and more pure white than the z30s. Occasionally a bit fuzzy but since it is lcd, you don't get headaches from scrolling as you read like you do with the z30s led screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 12:51 AM
27 12