I have had the Z10 since the Canadian Launch. The battery performance was meager, lasting about 4-6hrs. I bought a charger for home, for work and for my car. I then bought the battery bundle. I tweaked it to get the most out of the battery. For a while it could last the day if I babied the thing and didn't use it much. Mostly, I charged it every chance I had. Even had random reboots for a few weeks for added fun.

Then it started getting really hot.(45c) Bought Battery Guru and started to monitor usage vs power drain vs temp etc. Couldn't come to any conclusion other than the battery was fine and something else was the problem.

Every time I posted my issues I got the usual snide remarks from the peanut gallery. In between you find a few decent posters who throw in a gold nugget.

Thanks to bgregory I did a security wipe, reloaded my apps and services, ignored all the previous power saving measures and voila the battery life has gone from 4-6 hrs to 24-36 hrs with no hesitation to use it.

Temperatures have not risen above 35 and is usually @25c.

I don't know what the problem was and whether there was another way to resolve it but my phone has gone from a 0 to a 10 on my scale.

Too bad it didn't come out of the box this way. I can certainly see why many have given up and simply returned it.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this keeps up.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:57 AM
    Wow, amazing results... Good for you!

Wondering if I should follow suit. I just have a lot of games and apps, so I've been hesitant.
    07-13-13 01:02 AM
    Doing a security wipe gets rid of fragmented files left behind when installing os's. I always do it even on a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 02:59 AM
    Glad to hear bout your improvement. I'm sure the biggest problem with these mobile computing devices is overheating. Due to lack of cooling tech. Once that be solved the sky's the limit.
    07-13-13 03:36 AM
    I had the same 4-6 battery life. In my case it was the Evernote integration in reminders. Removed this eventually after wasting my time trying a million different things and my BlackBerry Z10 lasts all day with ease now.

In my case the cause of poor battery life was ultimately because that issue caused excessive data use (on mobile network, I don't use wifi) of 4GB *a day* so I assume it was getting stuck on some note and constantly re-attempting download - since my carrier has excellent data speeds and coverage it was successful at eating data.

Could be some similar issue for others.
    07-13-13 04:06 AM
    Had similar issues on even leaked os's but now I am on Verizon using leaked 4345 and what a difference. Even heavy use I make it until 8pm or so with some battery to spare.

For the first time I tried a security wipe before and after the loading the os. So as you said that could be a difference maker.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 06:35 AM