I really don't care what the screen resolution is on the z30 but with rumors that it could be full HD, I wonder, does that even make a difference?

I think it would make the most sense to make it the same res as the z10 so that apps work perfectly between the two.

Is there any practical use to going to a higher res? Any downside, such as battery life?

I am not asking what it will actually be, but rathet what people would think is better.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:25 PM
    IMO it would look better as full HD. But its not going to be and it goes against the standards BB set way back when. Some people say it will look just fine at the same res, some people think it will suffer. its a 5 vs 4.2 screen so to me you will notice but until we get hands on we cant say for sure.
    Bowlegz likes this.
    09-02-13 03:32 PM
    What counts for quality is not the resolution itself but the number of pixels per inch. If that is around 300, it's pretty fine. Only eagle eyes do see the difference with more ppi. 280-300 are so called crisp sharp

Posted via CB10
    sergey_IL likes this.
    09-02-13 03:36 PM
    I do understand PPI. Of course, a larger screen with the same res would have lower PPI. I think at 5 inches, it would still be close to 300 PPI.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 08:42 PM
    BlackBerry needs to release a screen with the highest possible resolution on the Z30.
    BlackBerry doesn't have the luxary of releasing devices with 2 year old technology. Thats exactly what brought them to their knees with less than 5% market share.
    Key app developers are not supporting BB10 because they say it is not made for viewing multimedia. BlackBerry needs to put an end to such tomfoolery and nonsense by showcasing a device with the highest available resolution that is perfect for multimedia and not just reading emails.

Releasing another device nearly a year after your 'comeback' device that basically has the same specs including identical screen resolution seems eerily similar to what devistated their market share to begin with.
    09-03-13 09:19 PM
    The iPhone hasn't inscreased the PPI of the screen since the iPhone 4.

There is such a thing as overkill.

As long as it is an HD screen, I don't care.

720p is the same as the Kindle Fire HD and higher than the iPad mini so there would be no issue with multimedia.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:00 AM
    The iPhone hasn't inscreased the PPI of the screen since the iPhone 4.

There is such a thing as overkill.

As long as it is an HD screen, I don't care.

720p is the same as the Kindle Fire HD and higher than the iPad mini so there would be no issue with multimedia.

Posted via CB10
    +1 making a phone with the best possible specs on the market today comes with high manufacturing cost, especially when the sales return may not out weigh the cost to produce.

If BlackBerry had the hardware distribution power of a Samsung or Sony, then ya I'd say they need to input the best of the best into their phones but that's just not the reality. So I for one am glad they're being financially responsible in their hardware choices.

Plus....and this is my opinion alone, why the hell do I need a 1080p resolution on a 5" display?! And no, because you can is not a valid response! Then again I'm not a big fan of the so called "phablet" phase in today's market , especially when I remember the days of small, skinner and lighter please i.e. Moto razors, v60, 120c aka THE PEANUT PHONE! , Bold 9700 etc etc.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    09-05-13 08:25 AM
    Z30 is seemed to be the same as Z10, but consider to have a 5'' screen. Personally for me, it is useless.
    09-05-13 08:27 AM
    It's a big question that the device will ever be released

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:03 AM
    It's a big question that the device will ever be released

Posted via CB10
    lol
    nice troll... it's already in T-Mo's release schedule for Week 45 in Germany
    09-05-13 09:05 AM
    +1 making a phone with the best possible specs on the market today comes with high manufacturing cost, especially when the sales return may not out weigh the cost to produce.

If BlackBerry had the hardware distribution power of a Samsung or Sony, then ya I'd say they need to input the best of the best into their phones but that's just not the reality. So I for one am glad they're being financially responsible in their hardware choices.

Plus....and this is my opinion alone, why the hell do I need a 1080p resolution on a 5" display?! And no, because you can is not a valid response! Then again I'm not a big fan of the so called "phablet" phase in today's market , especially when I remember the days of small, skinner and lighter please i.e. Moto razors, v60, 120c aka THE PEANUT PHONE! , Bold 9700 etc etc.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    I totally agree with all of this. The specs war is something BBRY can't win.

Besides, the specs war is for immature people anyway.

This is like looking at nothing more
    Than horsepower when buying a car.

BlackBerry needs to be competitive but not ahead on specs.

They need to be way ahead on user experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:14 AM