Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z30 or Not to Z30?

That is the question! I've been to Verizon twice to tinker with the Z30 and each time I'm not able to get too the Settings,...being that the local V-store says they don't have the access code for the Z30 on display. This leads me to the subject of this thread. The reason I may not get the Z30 is simply because I prefer the vibrant LCD of my Z10 over the darkened Super-Amoled screen of the Z30. So, until I do a comparison,...no z30 for me.

Posted via CB10
    JMDBerry
    ...BB Z10; OS 10.3.1.396
    ...Have Blackberry Z10 Will Travel~
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,753 Global Posts

It's really not that bad imo
    In squircle, we trust
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by JMDBERRY View Post
    That is the question! I've been to Verizon twice to tinker with the Z30 and each time I'm not able to get too the Settings,...being that the local V-store says they don't have the access code for the Z30 on display. This leads me to the subject of this thread. The reason I may not get the Z30 is simply because I prefer the vibrant LCD of my Z10 over the darkened Super-Amoled screen of the Z30. So, until I do a comparison,...no z30 for me.

Posted via CB10
    It shouldn't be a big deal when compare z10 to z30. I wont worry about the brightness. The z30 along is great. You wont regret upgraded from a z10. However, compare z30 to lg g2 is hard as long as you still want an android phone.
    CrackBerry Addict

Doesn't sound like either a question or an observation. But I'll play! Yes, I agree that the Z10 screen is much nicer/crisper/brighter than the Z30. I will not be switching. Sometimes bigger is not enough better. If ya know what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    chronic BlackBerry addict and abuser
    RADEoN1337 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

The password to get it out of that mode is "demo" go unlock it for them

Posted via CB10
    obaquerizo and kbz1960 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I found that the Z30 screen, while not as bright, had much richer colors than the Z10. When comparing side by side, the Z10 colors looked faded. The Z30 screen looked much nicer!

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,001 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it

Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    I found that the Z30 screen, while not as bright, had much richer colors than the Z10. When comparing side by side, the Z10 colors looked faded. The Z30 screen looked much nicer!

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I have now compared them side-by-side several times now and find the Z30 to have more vibrant and richer colors. I prefer the Z30 screen and don't find it to be too dim at all.
    If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by JMDBERRY View Post

Posted via CB10
    It was an issue for me when I first compared the phone side by side, but I realized that in order to have my z10 to display the screen crisp and clear, I had to increase the brightness of the phone which I couldn't afford to do due the battery problem.

After making the switch to z30, mind you it took a lot of convincing, I realized that screen doesn't make that ouch much of a difference at end. After you look at the screen for a while, you forget about the z10. Z30 is screen is perfectly fine.

Plus, I'm running close to 22 hours on my phone now and I'm at 20%. If I didn't stream a 3 hour football game tonight, I'm pretty sure I would still have 30% battery or so left.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts

no to z10. yes to z30.

I own a z10 and it's not a remarkable device... mediocre at best.

Just go with z30 and benefit from superior antenna tech, natural sound and long battery life. z10 battery life can be terrible.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

I love my Z10, I personally think that it's a great phone. I loaded the latest leak 10.2.1.1055 and it's amazing.

But if you're comparing the Z10 with the Z30, I think the Z30 is the better phone.
    The Z30 has a better battery, better antenna, real natural HD sound, a bigger screen, and a slightly better processor.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Hello IT, Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Sent via my Blackberry Playbook
    Thanked by:
    blackberryfunboy (11-23-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

You can't remove the battery on the z30. Hence the bigger battery.

You really aren't going to notice speed differences. Well at least I wouldn't since I don't play games.

I'd have to see hard data on the antenna being better on the z30. I've had reception as low as -117db, so how deep in the mud do you want to go?

Thus it comes down to a bigger phone and a contrasty though less accurate screen. There is no argument about the z30 having better sound. The AMOLED has no polarizer, so if you use the z30 for navigation, it might be better than the z10 while wearing polarized sunglasses.

I don't have a battery issue with my z10 in suburbia . (Actually this is the 2nd z10 I got since one had a proximity detector issue. ) They only time I have battery issues is when the tower signal is weak. I carry a spare battery, but rarely use it.

It really isn't as clear cut as it sounds. If you are going to watch video or photographs, I would get the z10 due to the better display. Then treat yourself to some bluetooth speakers or stereo headset.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

How is the Z30 screen outside with the sun out? I don't have any problems viewing my Z10 with polarized sunglasses.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Z30 out in the sun makes for good reading

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'll be switching to a z30 as soon as the price drops, so probably after Christmas.
    Haven't been able to play with one as rogers doesn't have them in store. Constant question is how is it outside? Having used an s3 outside it was impossible to read unless on full brightness.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I use only 20 percent brightness and you can use the phone under the sunlight

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jordane02 View Post
    How is the Z30 screen outside with the sun out? I don't have any problems viewing my Z10 with polarized sunglasses.

The z10 brightness could be part of the battery problem some people have. Just compare it to an iPhone.

OLEDs don't have a washout issue in sunlight like LCDs. They do have a battery issue IF the whole screen is bright. You get around this by using dark themes.

The z30 is slightly lower resolution than the z10.

It is a tough choice, though if I didn't have a z10 I would still pick it over the z30. If the z30 had a next generation AMOLED, I would have been tempted to go that route. Also I would insist on a removeble battery.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by gariac View Post
    The z10 brightness could be part of the battery problem some people have. Just compare it to an iPhone.

OLEDs don't have a washout issue in sunlight like LCDs. They do have a battery issue IF the whole screen is bright. You get around this by using dark themes.

The z30 is slightly lower resolution than the z10.

It is a tough choice, though if I didn't have a z10 I would still pick it over the z30. If the z30 had a next generation AMOLED, I would have been tempted to go that route. Also I would insist on a removeble battery.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I really love my Z10 but will keep up with comments about the Z30 because u never know, in the future. Besides the non removable battery, size is a factor for me since I have small hands and will sometimes carry my phone in my front pocket. Women's jeans pockets r usually not that big. The display on my Z10 is set at mid and I have a battery bundle. I do get good battery life, so I am happy. Just want to see the Z30 being marketed, with the holidays coming especially. I am so thrilled with the BB10 and hope the new CEO will pick the momentum up, fast.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

no to Z10, not to z30........yes to Q10!
    Q10 SQN 100-2 10.2.1.1055
    CrackBerry Abuser

Or just wait until next year's Z50!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by conbrio29 View Post
    Or just wait until next year's Z50!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    I know you're joking, but I sense the z30 will get an upgrade before the z10. AMOLED supply is really restricted compared to LCD. I'm sure BlackBerry used the highest resolution display that they could source, but there are better AMOLED displays out there. Look at the Galaxy Note 3.

I think LCD pixel wars are over. AMOLED has a little ways to go.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm waiting for a price drop cause I have unlimited package. I'm Thinking it could drop to $450 in a month or two.

Posted via CB10
    Verizon Z10 10.2.1 and a PlayBook
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    24C96A9F

Switched to Z30 from my Z10. Love the battery and bigger screen. Now whenever I hold Z10 it feels tiny. Typing experience is much better on Z30. Once you go you wont come back to Z10.
    Blackberry Z30 Limited Edition BLACK
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree, just setup some key apps for my buddy who has a Z30 and the screen looked much more natural.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    "Think highly of yourself, because the world will take you at your own estimate."
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Carmels View Post
    I have to agree, just setup some key apps for my buddy who has a Z30 and the screen looked much more natural.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    Actually the LCD is more accurate. The OLED oversaturated.
    http://www.drycreekphoto.com/images/...aygradient.png

The LCD will display the gradient more accurately. The OLED will be better for text and graphics. If you use your phone for maps, get the AMOLED. It won't be a contest versus LCD, especially if you view off axis or with polarized sunglasses. But photographs and video will be more accurate on the LCD.

The AMOLED will always have better contrast. If you try to display a totally black image on a LCD, you will see light bleed. You can't get a perfect black with a LCD but you can with AMOLED. But the AMOLED doesn't do gradients as well.

If you have a z10 and want a larger screen, I would wait for an improved z30. If you have neither phone, then get whatever you want.

BlackBerry did a nice job on the Z10. It really is on par with the best smartphones. The Z30 is OK, but they didn't use the best components.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,398 Global Posts

I wish there was a Z10 with Z30 specs and slightly thicker to have a bigger battery. That would be awesome. Or he'll make the specs better. From what I've seen the Z30 never lags while my Z10 sometimes lags on transitions. Minor annoyance but still...

Posted via CB10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast