So I have had my z10 for about a almost 2 months now, and all of the sudden it looks as though the top layer or coating is coming off on the phone, everyday there is a new spot that looks as though it's coming off and it's pissing me off. I always take care of my phones and never had this happen to any other screens. I did some research and seen this is kinda happening on other phones as well. Anyone here having this problem? Seem blackberry didnt test the quality of their own device. And by the way I love BB10 just this hardware issue pissing me off.
    05-06-13 09:59 PM
    So I have had my z10 for about a almost 2 months now, and all of the sudden it looks as though the top layer or coating is coming off on the phone, everyday there is a new spot that looks as though it's coming off and it's pissing me off. I always take care of my phones and never had this happen to any other screens. I did some research and seen this is kinda happening on other phones as well. Anyone here having this problem? Seem blackberry didnt test the quality of their own device. And by the way I love BB10 just this hardware issue pissing me off.
    Unbelievable. I might get a screen protector afterall.... Had one but removed it from my Otterbox Defender case because of dirt and debris getting lodged between the screen and the protector. I would replace that phone under warranty and then get a case that protects the edges of the phone when you receive the replacement.

Regards,
    05-06-13 10:04 PM
    Your probably using some non compliant cleaning solution for your device. I've done the same on my play book an hated having the finger marks on it. The z10 appears to use a similar coating as the finger smears are as bad. Though I learned my lesson from the PlayBook. Only mild cleaner
    05-06-13 10:20 PM
    Photos?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 10:23 PM
    more likely you have the same problem as I do.
    please check thread "greasy marks on z10" and see if it is the same.
    Some photos would help as well.
    05-06-13 10:27 PM
    Like with any electronics, you should really be careful with you use on it or how you treat it. I find the Z10 pretty resistant, and scratch proof compared to other phones out there. But it's not made out of diamonds!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 10:31 PM
    Don't have a camera to take pics of it, and would probably be hard to see with reflections, and I've cleaned it with two different micro fiber clothes, its like a permanent smudge, or moisture got under the glass. And I get new ones everyday. I have a kind of big one and than some little dot ones everyday. I believe it's the same problem as you akavbb.
    05-06-13 10:31 PM
    Don't have a camera to take pics of it, and would probably be hard to see with reflections, and I've cleaned it with two different micro fiber clothes, its like a permanent smudge, or moisture got under the glass. And I get new ones everyday. I have a kind of big one and than some little dot ones everyday. I believe it's the same problem as you akavbb.
    Use the front camera and a mirror to take a pic!

But if it's the problem that looks like a mark under the screen, bring your device to your carrier to get a new one.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 10:34 PM
    Like with any electronics, you should really be careful with you use on it or how you treat it. I find the Z10 pretty resistant, and scratch proof compared to other phones out there. But it's not made out of diamonds!

Posted via CB10
    Like I've said out of all phones I've used I have never got a scratched screen I always take care of my phones it's like a grease stain.
    05-06-13 10:34 PM
    Better to put a screen protector and just wipe with microfiber

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 10:42 PM
    Better to put a screen protector and just wipe with microfiber

Posted via CB10
    I hate screen protectors I never use them.
    05-06-13 10:58 PM
    Like I've said out of all phones I've used I have never got a scratched screen I always take care of my phones it's like a grease stain.
    It thought it was part of the top that was coming off. Well for the grease stains, bring it back to the carrier cause I think a small pourcentage of defective screen went through their quality check.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:11 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=790597

Is this your problem?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:48 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=790597

Is this your problem?

Posted via CB10
    yea exactly that
    05-07-13 02:48 AM
    Whatever you do, do NOT use windex or any ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, or alcohol based cleaning solution on your screen. It appears that it can remove the Oleophobic coating.

A damp microfiber cloth is all that should be used.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 03:51 AM
    yea exactly that
    In that case it is a problem that they do not discuss.
    In my opinion it is the oleo-phobic coating coming off.
    I have asked for technical answer but never got one.
    I installed a SPIGEN screen protector and it doesn't show or expand.
    I will not risk taking back my device for any repair or exchange, given the number of lemons out there.
    My Zeee has no other problems, so I decided to live with it.
    It is not even supported in my country yet, so I am not sending it back to the UK, where I bought from, not even for evaluation.

another post:
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...y-Z10/bd-p/Z10
    05-07-13 03:57 AM