The battery was left drained for couple of days and phone completely died. I tried charging it but it wont boot up completely. The red light will come on for about 15 seconds, then off, then back on. It's like a reset loop.

I tried using a different battery and it worked. Is there any other way to fix this aside from replacing the battery?
    07-02-14 09:11 AM
    Look for "stacked charging" methods... you can try to revive the battery, but these type batteries don't like not being charged.
    07-02-14 09:33 AM
    The battery was left drained for couple of days and phone completely died. I tried charging it but it wont boot up completely. The red light will come on for about 15 seconds, then off, then back on. It's like a reset loop.

I tried using a different battery and it worked. Is there any other way to fix this aside from replacing the battery?
    BB offers a separate charger "pod" that can charge a battery. They also offer a charger bundle which contains the charger and a spare battery. Crackberry sells them (20% off sale now). BUT if that battery REALLY died, it may not be able to be fixed or recharged.

But you can put it back in your phone and leave it overnight or longer and see if it might take a charge. Do NOT try turning it on - just leave it alone.
    07-02-14 09:41 AM
    Also, make sure you're using the correct charger,
    Some chargers from other manufacturers are too weak to deliver a charge to a completely dead battery.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-14 10:46 AM
    I am not so thrilled with Blackberry's hardware product quality.
    07-05-14 01:24 PM