Got my Z10 last March through Verizon when first released and loved it - mostly... Issues with it then that I couldn't live with were deal breakers so gave it back to Verizon. Been waiting and watching and reading CB every day and seems like most Z10 issues are resolved (except Blackberry Link), but I need to make sure before I attempt that plunge again. Please let me know if the issues/features below are now resolved/available with latest updates. Thanks in advance to all who respond!
    * Random reboots
    * SMTP email sending failure
    * Automatic bcc available again (as it was in all older BBs)
    * Option to NOT automatically lock the screen. Auto dimming/sleep is great. Auto Lock without a choice to disable is NOT.
    * Ability to "shift-click" for selection of multiple messages at a time. Could do that on Storm but BB didn't include that feature in Z10. I get 1000 messages a week (am an IT Field Tech) and need this feature! Selecting 987 messages one by one by one just to delete them is not an efficient way to handle my mailbox or my time.
    * Bluetooth freakiness that would start playing all music files automatically when connecting or disconnecting Bluetooth.
    * Bluetooth random disconnects. (to my car speakerphone)
    * Seems like I had a few more items , but can't think of them now. (Dinner time!) When I remember, will edit this post or make new one.

Thank you.
    Last edited by BFHSoCal; 10-24-13 at 10:56 PM.
    10-24-13 10:42 PM
    The Z10 has come a long way in a very short period of time. Everything about this phone makes perfect sense, and works great. Very fast, common sense approach to users needs, removable battery, expandable storage, and the list of benefits of a Z10 over an iphone is huge....

I am definitely keeping mine!

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    10-24-13 10:46 PM
    * Random reboots - YES
    * SMTP email sending failure - YES
    * Automatic bcc available again (as it was in all older BBs) - not sure what you mean
    * Option to NOT automatically lock the screen. Auto dimming/sleep is great. Auto Lock without a choice to disable is N - there is a way to make the phone only lock by pressing the power button, so it never auto locks.
    * Seems like I had a few more items , but can't think of them now. (Dinner time!) When I remember, will edit this post or make new one.

Thank you.
    Answers above

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    10-24-13 10:49 PM
    Answers above

Thanks VWGuy911. Automatic bcc is an option that allows you to configure an email address that is always - and automatically - included as a bcc in any message sent. No need to add it in manually. Most people - me included - put their own email address as the auto bcc so that they always have a copy of what was sent from the phone on their computer email client, like Outlook. iPhone has option to always bcc yourself. Seems like Storm had option to put any email address as auto bcc, but not quite sure now. Anyway, it's a perfect way to always make sure I have copies of phone sent emails on my work computer.

Can you explain more how the Lock by Pressing Power Button works? Is this a settings option?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 11:01 PM
    Auto lock highest setting is 5 min.

AT&T Z10
    SifiGamer and kimoi like this.
    10-24-13 11:59 PM
    Z10'ers - Are these issues fixed now?  Must know ASAP!!-img_20131777.png
    Z10'ers - Are these issues fixed now?  Must know ASAP!!-img_20131778.png

at&t z10
    10-25-13 12:01 AM
    Thanks CurveZZZ for this and for pics provided. So it seems BB still hasn't included an option to Never Lock. Darn. I like the Z10 a lot, but I hated having to swipe once to wake up, swipe again to unlock, then swipe again (and possibly again and again) to get wherever I needed to be. Too many swipes!!
    Auto lock highest setting is 5 min.

AT&T Z10
    10-25-13 01:05 AM
    Settings / security / Lock screen behavior:
    Set "Allow power/Lock key to unlock device" to ON.
    This wakes up phone without swipe. You still need to enter a password if you got one set.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 05:49 AM
    There is an option to select more

Posted from the best mobile device Z10 10.2.0. 1791
    Attachment 214088
    Attachment 214089
    Attached Thumbnails Z10'ers - Are these issues fixed now?  Must know ASAP!!-img_00000467.png  
    10-25-13 06:17 AM
    Bluetooth is working great even shows your car make on screen lock. You can now can read messages on lock screen so you don't have to unlock to read them or to even know they are there.

Posted from the best mobile device Z10 10.2.0. 1791
    Attachment 214091
    10-25-13 06:28 AM
    Still my Z10 is getting power off while opening some games and apps...also after os updating battery is draining..

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 06:40 AM
    You can select multiple messages to delete at once, but still no option (or I have not found one) to select all must tap every one to select. It is an improvement but not a total fix in my opinion.
    10-25-13 06:49 AM
    You can't do like on the playbook where you can select one message, hold it and then tap another down the list and it selects all in between?
    10-25-13 06:55 AM
    You can select multiple messages to delete at once, but still no option (or I have not found one) to select all must tap every one to select. It is an improvement but not a total fix in my opinion.
    You just go to the hub, long press on the date bar separating the days and press the overflow button. Voila delete prior.
    SDTRMG and gerom18 like this.
    10-25-13 06:57 AM
    Forgot about that. But doesnt it just delete everything older than that at the date bar?
    You just go to the hub, long press on the date bar separating the days and press the overflow button. Voila delete prior.
    10-25-13 09:45 PM
    Still my Z10 is getting power off while opening some games and apps...also after os updating battery is draining..

Posted via CB10
    This is perfectly normal buddy. Give it time to settle and even give it a quick reboot.

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-25-13 09:49 PM
    So that would work for delete all but not the way im wanting it to work. Darn BB priorities! Giving us back the great managerial functions of older models should have MUCH higher priority than a nonessential app like BBM! Really ticks me off.
    Forgot about that. But doesnt it just delete everything older than that at the date bar?
    10-25-13 09:50 PM
    Thanks. However what i want is for it to NEVER LOCK so i dont have to do anything at all to unlock it. Just tap/swipe once to wake it up and im in. Darn darn darn BB.
    Settings / security / Lock screen behavior:
    Set "Allow power/Lock key to unlock device" to ON.
    This wakes up phone without swipe. You still need to enter a password if you got one set.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 09:54 PM
    Don't put a password if you don't want it to lock... I don't understand all this swiping you do... when my phone blacks out I swipe once and it goes to where ever i last was

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    10-25-13 10:01 PM
    Don't put a password if you don't want it to lock... I don't understand all this swiping you do... when my phone blacks out I swipe once and it goes to where ever i last was

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    Me too. I can either swipe once, or twice depending on the movement speed. I suppose in a future os version they'll differentiate between the two moves better than now.

Long story short it's one swipe and you are back to where you were before.
    10-25-13 10:16 PM
    Thanks CurveZZZ for this and for pics provided. So it seems BB still hasn't included an option to Never Lock. Darn. I like the Z10 a lot, but I hated having to swipe once to wake up, swipe again to unlock, then swipe again (and possibly again and again) to get wherever I needed to be. Too many swipes!!
    I only need to swipe up to wake and unlock...only one swipe...maybe your swiping is weak grasshopper...

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    10-25-13 10:19 PM
    Got my Z10 last March through Verizon when first released and loved it - mostly... Issues with it then that I couldn't live with were deal breakers so gave it back to Verizon. Been waiting and watching and reading CB every day and seems like most Z10 issues are resolved (except Blackberry Link), but I need to make sure before I attempt that plunge again. Please let me know if the issues/features below are now resolved/available with latest updates. Thanks in advance to all who respond!
    * Random reboots
    * SMTP email sending failure
    * Automatic bcc available again (as it was in all older BBs)
    * Option to NOT automatically lock the screen. Auto dimming/sleep is great. Auto Lock without a choice to disable is NOT.
    * Ability to "shift-click" for selection of multiple messages at a time. Could do that on Storm but BB didn't include that feature in Z10. I get 1000 messages a week (am an IT Field Tech) and need this feature! Selecting 987 messages one by one by one just to delete them is not an efficient way to handle my mailbox or my time.
    * Bluetooth freakiness that would start playing all music files automatically when connecting or disconnecting Bluetooth.
    * Bluetooth random disconnects. (to my car speakerphone)

Thank you.
    Yes. Plus many more you haven't listed. Its great. Thanks for the prompting of our responses too.

STL3 1791 hybrid w/10.2.1 bars
    Last edited by pvphooman; 10-25-13 at 10:51 PM.
    10-25-13 10:24 PM
    You should only have to do one long swipe to wake it up and unlock it. Do a swipe from the bottom bezel to about 3/4 of the way up... maybe even to the top. this has always been the case but isn't very intuitive. I remember being pretty excited about learning this feature because i Was the same way

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 10:42 PM
    Lol. And maybe it HAS changed since first release. Always had to swipe once to wake, swipe again to unlock, swipe again to go to hub etc.
    I only need to swipe up to wake and unlock...only one swipe...maybe your swiping is weak grasshopper...

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 02:04 AM
    You can't do like on the playbook where you can select one message, hold it and then tap another down the list and it selects all in between?
    No. Hold. Then in the flyout menu "select more", and then select the ones you want. It is fast to do. This is on all touch. I am not sure if the Q5/10 have keyboard shortcuts or not.
    10-26-13 02:47 AM
47 12