I often get prompted to re-enter the SMTP password for my Yahoo account, and even after entering the correct password, it says that it's invalid and prompts again. When I go to the Edit Account for the Yahoo account, the error is:

Your login information for the SMTP server [smtp.mail.yahoo.com] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings.

My settings are:

Server address: imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 993
    Encyption: SSL

SMTP Server address: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port 465
    Encryption: SSL

Are these the correct settings?

Samson
    05-06-13 03:54 PM
    I often get prompted to re-enter the SMTP password for my Yahoo account, and even after entering the correct password, it says that it's invalid and prompts again. When I go to the Edit Account for the Yahoo account, the error is:

Your login information for the SMTP server [smtp.mail.yahoo.com] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings.

My settings are:

Server address: imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 993
    Encyption: SSL

SMTP Server address: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port 465
    Encryption: SSL

Are these the correct settings?

Samson
    Your IMAP should be Rim.imap.yahoo.com port 993
    Your SMTP should be Rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com port 465
    fjfisher601#AC likes this.
    05-06-13 03:59 PM
    I get the same issue on my Playbook. Usually it's the Telus account, but quite often the Yahoo as well. Gmail works like a charm. I'm glad you posted this, as this would be a huge issue for me.
    05-06-13 04:00 PM
    I just started getting the same message yesterday , not sure if it was coincidence, but it didn't start happening until I installed 10.1 leak. I last entered my info first thing this morning, and I have not gotten the error all day.

Via Z
    05-06-13 04:24 PM
    I get the same issue with my AOL account. It gets really annoying because I will enter the correct website and minutes later it will pop up again
    05-06-13 04:49 PM
    I get the same issue with both my Yahoo and my Gmail accounts. Really no pattern that I can detect - just the occasional random prompting to re-enter SMTP password like mentioned in the original post. I hope Blackberry (or whose ever problem this is figures it out though because it is quite annoying....).
    05-06-13 04:58 PM
    I had this issue crop up with my Gmail account. It disappeared after several days after resetting my application specific password. Don't know what to recommend other than to continue to patiently change your settings.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10 via the CB10 app.
    05-06-13 05:35 PM
    This can happen with certain web-based email systems like Yahoo and Gmail when they are looking for some form of secondary authentication when a raw syncing email client that does not use a web interface is being used.

Oftentimes you can resolve the issue by logging into the webmail portal and (in Yahoo's case) answering some sort of captcha to convince them you're actually a real human, log out, and the mobile device will then work again.

With Gmail, sometimes it insists that you setup an "application specific password" in order to access it from a mobile device, because they may flag the attempted mobile login as "suspicious" and block it otherwise.
    05-06-13 06:53 PM
    I had 4 Yahoo accts (att.net on Yahoo) and this password validation would happen over and over. For reasons other than this, I changed my email (using Outlook.com now). I did keep one of the att.net/Yahoo accts. The one Yahoo acct will require this password validation quite often. The Outlook.com accts (3 accts; made the switch about 1 month ago) have not had this issue since I switched.
    05-06-13 07:12 PM
    I made the change and added 'rim' in front of imap and smtp. So far, it's working. I'll report back if I have any issues..

I am also doing this on my Playbook
    05-06-13 07:16 PM
    Your IMAP should be Rim.imap.yahoo.com port 993
    Your SMTP should be Rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com port 465
    Is this will work with gmail account too? I have problems not with password but with "not connected" info. I was wondering if your solution would solve this?
    07-24-13 01:44 AM
    Is this will work with gmail account too? I have problems not with password but with "not connected" info. I was wondering if your solution would solve this?
    The best settings for Gmail, in general, are the ones suggested by the device in its "automatic" setup mode.

I believe the servers in that case are pointed to imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com.

What Software Release and OS versions are you using?

Go to Settings/About/OS to find those 2 numbers.
    07-24-13 05:20 PM
    That happened to me. And I got an email from Gmail. It said that if your email clients sync intervals is set to less than every 10 minutes at a time it is common for it to keep asking for verification. However mine stopped after a while.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    07-24-13 07:49 PM
    That happened to me. And I got an email from Gmail. It said that if your email clients sync intervals is set to less than every 10 minutes at a time it is common for it to keep asking for verification. However mine stopped after a while.

That's interesting, haven't heard about those emails before.
    07-24-13 08:43 PM
    That's interesting, haven't heard about those emails before.

Z10 and Yahoo password prompts-img_00000021.png

There it is

Attached Thumbnails Z10 and Yahoo password prompts-img_00000075.jpg  
    07-24-13 08:58 PM
    Ignore the cake recipe. Don't know why that happened lol

07-24-13 08:59 PM
    Actually that is a link contained within the email. Not the actual email itself. Just to clarify

07-25-13 12:15 AM