Hi all, need some help here before I trash my Z10 or buy an android or Iphone-(I don't want to!)

So today my Z10 just turned off and now it wont power on. I have tried to re load the os with the bb link app but it wont detect the phone. If I try to power it on with the power button it wont do nothing and after a few seconds would flash once; at some point I did observe it flashed twice but hasn't done that again. If I disconnect the battery and then connect it to the pc then the red led will power on for a while but the screen wont light and bb link wont recognize either. Tried to reset it pressing both volume buttons and it didn't work either.

some other info if it helps -I did an OS upgrade around February to whatever version came out at the time, and since then battery life was shorter. For the last 2 o 3 weeks I got multiple messages to upgrade into a newer version but never did.
    09-11-15 07:10 PM
    it's definitely bricked and definitely needs to be reloaded. Have you restarted the PC and taken the battery out of the phone to try and restart it?
    09-11-15 07:43 PM
    I don't think upgrades are the issue. Do you have a second battery?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 02:05 AM
    Yeah buy an android or an iphone, that would solve your issue. But try leaving your phone charging overnight and if it still wont turn on then get another battery.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-12-15 02:24 AM
    Download the latest autoloader for your device.
    Unzipe the filed click the exe.file
    When you see : " connect to bootrom " plug the USB cord in your phone.
    If that doesn't work buy a new battery.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 04:43 AM
    Thanks all for your reapplies; really appreciated;

Tried connecting it to the BB link but it didn't detect it with no battery (pulling out the battery). If I did that, it would try to turn on and the led would turn red, then go off for a second then on again and finally off.

I took it to my carriers "service center" - they said it was the battery because it was bulged; but didn't have one there. Tried to connect it to their computer and that didn't work either; so they tried to sell me a new phone. he; I remember when you did have good service centers- seems im getting old and now all they do is try to sell you a phone!

Question for the forum; I checked the battery; it is a little bit bulged though it measures 4.2 volts which I think its correct- any other way to trick the phone with a power supply etc just to see if its that before I order a battery- also, whats the easiest way to do the auto-loader and would it still work if the battery is bad or I use no battery while doing it (connected to the PC) ?

Ohh I forgot- since I don't know what version Os I had- how would I know which autoloader to download? My BB is a Z10 STL 100-3 and the last OS update I did was around Jan /February 2015.
    09-12-15 12:20 PM
    To load any software, you need connectivity. So until your PC sees your phone, don't concern (or is the word aggravate) yourself with anything else.

The battery is cheap online, but it will take some time to arrive.

Your voltage sounds correct, but that is not under load.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 03:20 PM
    4.2 volts is what my good battery is, so that sounds right. A bulge to me means a cell is damaged, so I would not expect you to read 4.2 volts if it is damaged.
    09-14-15 10:26 AM
    I agree, though did notice some discoloring on the plastic lid/battery cover -so who knows; bought one on ebay and will see if it works. Otherwise, ill wait for the new BB venice to come out.
    09-14-15 05:20 PM
    I agree, though did notice some discoloring on the plastic lid/battery cover -so who knows; bought one on ebay and will see if it works. Otherwise, ill wait for the new BB venice to come out.
    I'm not sure Ebay is the best choice if you want a battery that you are sure is good.

Generally the battery charging circuits will reject a battery if the voltage goes too high during charging, or too low as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 12:22 AM
    Ebay is fine if you purchase 3 at a time. For $2 each, who cares if one is a dud

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-15-15 01:02 AM
    Through the Crackberry store, you can get two guaranteed genuine batteries for $24.95.
    BlackBerry L-S1 1800mAh Standard Battery (ACC-51546-101) for Z10 | BlackBerry Batteries | CrackBerry Canada

Don't screw around, get a genuine battery that's not going to burst into flames and burn your house down...
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-15-15 02:01 PM
    Through the Crackberry store, you can get two guaranteed genuine batteries for $24.95.
    BlackBerry L-S1 1800mAh Standard Battery (ACC-51546-101) for Z10 | BlackBerry Batteries | CrackBerry Canada

Don't screw around, get a genuine battery that's not going to burst into flames and burn your house down...
    Or burn your car. ;-) BTW, I use a BlackBerry branded charger too.

These LIon batteries are only solid for 300 cycles. At around 500 cycles, the battery is still pretty good. If you have an early Z10, the battery is about 2.5 years to maybe 3 years old and should be replaced.

As the poster noted, BlackBerry is very reasonable with replacements.

My battery is showing state of health at 87%, but I bought two spares shortly after I bought the phone, and periodically swap them. I like having spares when I fly.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 12:45 AM