Ladies and gentleman I need your assistance plz! I'm overseas on vacation using my z10. This morning I woke up and it was asking me to insert my PIN for my SIM card which I did end phone started working. I found that weird because I didn't reset my phone cause that's when it usually asks you to enter the pin.

Regardless then I noticed beside the reception icon (top right of screen) there was the letter "E". Never seen that before. Then I tried pluging my cell in to charge it wouldn't show it was charging. I did a battery pull and tried charging again. As I did that I noticed the battery was extremely extremely HOT.

Now my cell phone is off and doesn't even seem to power back on. It's completely doing nothing! Tried hard reset with battery and also I tried holding down the top lock button. I'm really really stuck here folks. I'm reaching out to anyone. Plz help.
    08-17-13 05:00 AM
    Pretty pretty please someone help!! Stuck in another country and let's just say not too many technical support #'s here I can call for trouble shooting. Any any help right now would be greatly appreciated now. Honestly. You folks right now are my only technical support!

I just really would like my z10 to start up again but it just won't power back up!
    08-17-13 07:25 AM
    Any help??
    08-17-13 11:39 AM
    Alrite..i am not really a genius at this crashed up stuff..but u could try letting the battery cool down and clean the contact points on the battery as well as the fone..if the battery becomes hot when u plug it in the fone..then consider changing it. Otherwise.. the E icon beside the signal reception is the EDGE service..also known as 2G..that means u are not getting 3g or 4g reception in the country u are presently in..thats all I got...
    P.S- did the fone suffer any damage like a fall or something in the software?.. just connect it to a computer and fire up BlackBerry Link and restore the software...if u have a backup or sumthing...

Posted via CB10 in Z10 :*
    007Storm likes this.
    08-17-13 11:51 AM
    Don't do battery pulls as a means to restart the phone.
    08-17-13 11:57 AM
    I had a similar problem. Do you charge your battery with any other chargers. Mine did similar and it ended up being the battery, AT&T swapped the phone just to be sure but as soon as they put new battery in all was fine.
    007Storm likes this.
    08-17-13 12:03 PM
    If you're overseas on vacation, depending on your selected location, you might need that international charger with the odd prongs.

Posted via CB10
    007Storm likes this.
    08-17-13 12:11 PM
    Alrite..i am not really a genius at this crashed up stuff..but u could try letting the battery cool down and clean the contact points on the battery as well as the fone..if the battery becomes hot when u plug it in the fone..then consider changing it. Otherwise.. the E icon beside the signal reception is the EDGE service..also known as 2G..that means u are not getting 3g or 4g reception in the country u are presently in..thats all I got...
    P.S- did the fone suffer any damage like a fall or something in the software?.. just connect it to a computer and fire up BlackBerry Link and restore the software...if u have a backup or sumthing...

Agree. OP, if you charge your phone, does the charging light show up? If not, plug the phone in without the battery and see if the red light comes on. If not, I'm afraid you may have some serious trouble. Lets hope this is not the case. If the phone lights up, the issue is with the battery. You can attempt to let it charge for a long time (>12 hours) to see if life comes back. You can also google stack charging and attempt that. It may work. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-741383/
    007Storm likes this.
    08-17-13 12:13 PM
    A replacement battery would be out of the question, to see if this resolves the issue? If that cant be done, I can also add that you can try and hook your phone up to your PC via USB cable. See if the phone is recognized via BlackBerry Link. As a last resort, try and reload the OS via Link.
    007Storm likes this.
    08-17-13 12:40 PM
    Yay to my blackberry folks community that came to my rescue. Yes my battery became extremely hot. When I was trying to charge it. I do have the international charger attached to it.

Unfortunately when I plug my phone into charge I get zero red light showing! Thus was hoping the battery is fried. But no I haven't tried plugging in my device WITHOUT the battery in it. Never new that was possible. So once I plug in my cell without the battery installed in it the red light should go on???

I'm away from my cell phone now but I hope that may do something. If so ill try locating a z10 battery somehow. It's all about the iPhone here and Samsung !! People were intrigued with my white z10 that I had running fine here in Greece for 1 week and now this. I'm very disappointed with blackberry right now. Let me down at such a bad time!!

Cheers folks.
    08-17-13 02:55 PM
    And no dice. Plugged my cell phone in with no battery and still do not see the red light come on. Does that pretty much mean my BRAND NEW blackberry 10 is pretty much toast?
    08-17-13 03:34 PM
    I'm afraid I'm getting that sinking feeling. Looks like the device is going back for a repair/replace.
    08-17-13 03:51 PM
    Yeah...if the battery had been an issue..then the red light would have fired up without inserting the battery...u should check the fone for any water damage and consult the carrier u r on for further steps...if it's a brand new..the they should replace the device..or at least repair it for free or sumthing...good luck

08-18-13 08:38 AM
    My issue is im on vacation in Europe and won't be coming back to my country for another 3 weeks. I need a phone! Plus with this new z10 it takes a different size SIM card. Anyone know what other blackberries fit the same sim size as the Z10 takes.

I'd switch sim size cards but I kind of was using this new sim phone number for a week and would kind of love to use the same one.

Just sucks my Z10 crashed and burnt on me on such the wrong time. And no I had zero water damage to it.
    08-18-13 12:33 PM
    OK,, if your phone asked for your SIM pin, it must have rebooted during the night. But... do you also have a device password? Because if it rebooted it would ask for that as well.

Regardless -- and this is a billion-to-one shot -- have you tried booting without the SIM? On wifi? Or, with a different SIM?
    08-18-13 12:44 PM
    I'm using the BB Bold 9900 as well as the Z10. Unfortunately the SIM cards differ. I can't speak of other legacy BB devices, but my suspicion is they will all use the bigger sim.
    08-18-13 01:35 PM
    OK,, if your phone asked for your SIM pin, it must have rebooted during the night. But... do you also have a device password? Because if it rebooted it would ask for that as well.

Regardless -- and this is a billion-to-one shot -- have you tried booting without the SIM? On wifi? Or, with a different SIM?
    Billion to one adds eh! Right about now ill take it!! Going to give it a shot when I get back.

Ya woke up that morning and it was asking for my sim pin. Once I had entered that it was asking me device password which I entered. So must have rebooted at night as I was sleeping.

Regardless I got a sim converter and put that sim in a OLD Motorola razor cell phone. So know I'm not as primitive any more. I can call and text. Texting is really amazing having to hit the numbers so many times to get the correct letter.

Ps: I still hate you blackberry z10 a lot a lot a lot!!!!! Of all times to malfunction on me now was not the time. And having said that I was marketing the device in Greece for my whole first week I was here. People were amazed and loving it.
    08-19-13 11:42 AM