I have tried on various laptops and I can't get my Z10 to link to any PC/laptop - it doesn't read the driver? I plug the phone in and the laptops never even pick up that a device is plugged in, the result is that I can't do a backup and I have an bluetooth issue - my phone can't transfer media to my car - this is after the last small update we got here in South Africa - I am so frustrated with this phone and want to do a "factory reset" in the hope it will all work again once I update the software to the latest 10.2 - any ideas suggestions as to how I can go about to do this? I tried blackberry help but had no joy from them!!!
    09-10-14 06:54 AM
    uninstall Link. reboot. Reinstall Link and then try again. Reboot your phone as well.
    09-10-14 07:03 AM
    Try this out mate.
    Go to Settings > Storage And Access and turn on the USB MASS STORAGE.
    09-10-14 07:16 AM
    uninstall Link. reboot. Reinstall Link and then try again. Reboot your phone as well.
    The worse for me, I can't even install Link on my laptop. Can you give me link to the trusted website for me to install Link for BlackBerry 10?

White z10
    09-10-14 07:21 AM
    if you installed the link but still not working. you must reformat your laptop cause that solved mine. hope yours too

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 07:35 AM
    if you installed the link but still not working. you must reformat your laptop cause that solved mine. hope yours too

Posted via CB10
    Will try it. Thanks

White z10
    09-10-14 10:29 AM
    If not try unplugging your router and see if that helps, I know it sounds like nothing to do with it. But I tried it and it worked, had a similar problem to yours. let me know when you try it.

Z10
    09-10-14 10:45 AM
    Had lots of troubles with this. My workaround:
    - turn on USB mass storage. That gives you access to the media card via the cable at least.
    - turn on airplane mode. Everything (both internal and media card) shows up as drive letters via the cable
    - use a 3rd party app to gain access via wifi. I use wifi file explorer on a suggestion by another user

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 01:16 PM
    Leon,
    Please try this.
    Laptop turned on
    Device turned off.
    Plug device via USB into laptop and then turn on the device and let it boot up.

The laptop should then install the devices drivers.

Hope that helps

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 01:29 PM
    Change USB connection to Windows if you're using a Windows PC.

Z10 won't connect to my PC-img_20140910_203228.png

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 01:33 PM
    Hi, Thanks for this, I changed it to "on" and at least now my laptop is "seeing" my phone, now to get the link to connect with the phone, I am now busy downloading link to my work laptop, it's not working on my home laptop. But thanks for the advise. Thanks to everyone, I will let you know if I ever get my phone linked to Link, I have to do a backup so I can reset to factory settings.
    09-11-14 07:54 AM
    In the past, at least, some folks have found that turning wifi OFF has helped when using Link.
    09-11-14 08:51 AM
    Hi all, thank you kindly for the advise - it was of great help! I got Blackberry Link loaded onto my work laptop - switched my phone off, plugged it into the laptop and started it up - it then only connected to Link which almost set me through the roof of exitement - I've been battling with this for soooooo long, anyway - I then did a complete backup and then "reset to factory settings" which took just short of 6 hours - I then linked up again with Link and did a restore of my backup - that also took over 3 hours - I noticed it didn't restore completely due to an error but I missed that as I was not in front of the laptop a the time - anyway - I got my stuff back, still busy sorting my folders and apps - the nice thing though is, my Z10 is working like new again agter 19 months, its fast again and the APK apps are working great - I had an issue with them being very slow to respond/open etc. but now they are just fine (touch wood)

This forum was of great help and I just love the Blackberry family for sharing their knowledge and blackberry love!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-12-14 06:41 AM