Help!
    I was using my z10 a few minutes ago, I set it down. I came back, and I can't get it to do anything. No red light, screen won't go on, nothing. I've tried pulling the battery out multiple times. Left it out for a few minutes, put it back in. Tried to hold down the power button, tried plugging it in. It was literally sitting on a table and now won't turn on.

HELP
    03-19-13 06:53 PM
    Charger? Also make sure the battery is in the right way round?

I would be looking to leave it on the charger for 20 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 06:55 PM
    Charger? Also make sure the battery is in the right way round?

I would be looking to leave it on the charger for 20 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    It was actually on a charger. I'll try putting it on a different one.
    03-19-13 06:56 PM
    Try pressing the power button for around 10 second that normally boots them up

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:01 PM
    Try pressing the power button for around 10 second that normally boots them up

Posted via CB10
    I held it down for a good minute, multiple times... I have it in the other room on a charger. I'll go check on it in a few. I'm trying to be calm and wait. I'm in the US and paid a lot to get it from Canada so getting a new one would be a painful and time consuming task...assuming the person I got it from would be willing to help me out at all.
    aarty likes this.
    03-19-13 07:03 PM
    Make sure it's unplugged when you try it

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:06 PM
    Inserting the Battery should start the boot process for the phone (you will see this with the red LED staying on for 5 seconds).

There's a chance the Battery is faulty. Have you tried plugging it into a computer/charger with no Battery?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:07 PM
    Inserting the Battery should start the boot process for the phone (you will see this with the red LED staying on for 5 seconds).

There's a chance the Battery is faulty. Have you tried plugging it into a computer/charger with no Battery?

Posted via CB10
    Inserting the battery doesn't seem to do anything.

What would happen if I did it with no battery? What should that do? How should the phone react?
    03-19-13 07:09 PM
    Inserting the battery doesn't seem to do anything.

What would happen if I did it with no battery? What should that do? How should the phone react?
    The red led should come on. Then you should get a "No Battery" icon. Not getting this would suggest the phone is at fault.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:11 PM
    I tried plugging it into the wall with no battery and nothing happens.
    03-19-13 07:12 PM
    Plug in to the computer via usb, without battery.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:15 PM
    I tried plugging it into the wall with no battery and nothing happens.
    Sorry, this isn't looking promising

Your phone will be under warranty. You should get the ball rolling immediately.

As a last resort. Try holding the battery in manually while starting the phone up.

Have you dropped the phone recently?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, also try this process using a charger (not connecting to a computer)

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nothing happens then either.

I really don't get it. The phone worked perfectly for several weeks. It was just sitting on a table, it hasn't been dropped, I've taken great care of it.
    03-19-13 07:17 PM
    This happened to me. And we found out it was the charger I used fried the cpu. Since changed out the charger and have no issues since. Check out this link and I will see all about it

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=778917

Posted from the best phone ever my Z10
    imz likes this.
    03-19-13 07:19 PM
    This happened to me. And we found out it was the charger I used fried the cpu. Since changed out the charger and have no issues since. Check out this link and I will see all about it

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=778917

Posted from the best phone ever my Z10
    Oh no - this sucks. I am pretty sure it's completely dead. I'll reach out to my seller and see if he can help me out. Or does anyone know if it's possible to deal with blackberry directly?
    03-19-13 07:22 PM
    Happened to me too the phone went dead even after battery pulls so I plugged into a BlackBerry charger and in 30 minutes was up and running like normal..i find if I locked the screen when I push the button down on top for an extra second the phone would shut off and would need to turn it back on and if your battery is low it may not boot up until you charge it

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:25 PM
    Happened to me too the phone went dead even after battery pulls so I plugged into a BlackBerry charger and in 30 minutes was up and running like normal..i find if I locked the screen when I push the button down on top for an extra second the phone would shut off and would need to turn it back on and if your battery is low it may not boot up until you charge it

Posted via CB10
    I've got it plugged into the original charger across the room. I keep peeking at it hoping the red LED pops on, my hopes aren't too high. I have contacted the seller I got it from. I'm also wondering if I can take it to AT&T, other than it being white they might not know I didn't get it from them.
    03-19-13 07:41 PM
    Exact same thing happened to me 4 days ago (a day after I down loaded whats app). Left it on my bed, came back, power was gone. Took out battery sim and sd card, put them back held down power button for ever, plugged it to bb link, nothing! I took it to my provider and since it was still within warranty, they have swapped for a new one. The guru at the repair team when he tried a few things said to me "the phone's dead"! I'm shocked and wish I knew what exactly happened.
    03-21-13 08:09 AM
    Exact same thing happened to me 4 days ago (a day after I down loaded whats app). Left it on my bed, came back, power was gone. Took out battery sim and sd card, put them back held down power button for ever, plugged it to bb link, nothing! I took it to my provider and since it was still within warranty, they have swapped for a new one. The guru at the repair team when he tried a few things said to me "the phone's dead"! I'm shocked and wish I knew what exactly happened.
    I'm shocked too, I bought it from someone in Canada and so far can't find any way to get it replaced without sending it back to my seller to have him take it into the store.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get it replaced?
    03-21-13 11:39 AM
    i ve tried all options and the phone is not awakening.The phone stoped working and i guess bettery is also fully charged, no red led is on, phone is handled with great care , but it's not getting on.
    The service center replied that you purchased it from UAE , so it can not be repared in local service center of India, what should i do? the fone has been purchased few months ago.
    12-27-14 05:20 AM
    i have also tried these options, but nothing happened.
    12-27-14 05:23 AM
    Help !
    how to repare a dead phone Z10 in india , that has been purchased in UAE, at blackberry service center.
    Suddenly phone stopped working.
    Last edited by Shaligram Prajapat; 12-27-14 at 05:26 AM. Reason: correction
    12-27-14 05:25 AM
    Have you tried unplugging the phone, removing the battery and let it sit for a day to "drop charge"? If you've tried everything else, give this a shot. Then, reinstall the battery and see what happens. Your battery is good, I presume.
    12-27-14 08:27 AM
    I don't know enough about warranty in international purchasing.

You can try to reload the OS using BBLink (you will lose any data/files that were not backed up). Plug in the phone to usb and run BBLink. See if an option appears to reload the OS. You can also try it again with the battery REMOVED - plug it in to usb and open bblink.
    12-27-14 10:16 AM
26 12