On my way home from work today on the train I sat next to a guy with an iPhone 5. He was pretty clearly heavily in the Apple camp from the conversation we had with him owning Apple everything. So I quietly pulled out my Z10 and waited.

:jeopardytheme:

About 6 seconds later his curiosity got the better of him and the questions began. So I went through a quick demo which is basically my sales pitch from working phone retail at Best Buy showing all the major features and such.

After he sat back for a minute in silence thinking.

From here forward he was basically bragging about the features the iPhone had and I just sat back and laughed. All the cool things I showed him he felt like he had to try and 1 up me. Having had an i5 before this, I know exactly how they work. He actually started to brag about the layout of his 15 pages of jumbled folders and apps like it looked clean and organized. He asked if I could get apps from the Apple app store. When I told him no he had a HUZZAH! moment -- Until I told him we have access to App World AND the Play Store. He was amazed that his i5 wasn't the only LTE device. He then tried to argue that Apple was more secure. --I guess he's never used a BlackBerry before. -- lesighlol. He finally gave up and changed the topic to Mac vs PC.

TLDR: I was bored waiting for my next train and decided to bug you all with my story.

~ Timett, Son of Timett

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:00 PM
    We don't have access to the play store, but I get the idea! Otherwise nice story, do you think he was off to the shop to trade up and pick one up?!

Posted via CB10
    timett likes this.
    04-11-13 04:01 PM
    On my way home from work today on the train I sat next to a guy with an iPhone 5. He was pretty clearly heavily in the Apple camp from the conversation we had with him owning Apple everything. So I quietly pulled out my Z10 and waited.

About 6 seconds later his curiosity got the better of him and the questions began. So I went through a quick demo which is basically my sales pitch from working phone retail at Best Buy showing all the major features and such.

From here forward he was basically bragging about the features the iPhone had and I just sat back and laughed. All the cool things I showed him he felt like he had to try and 1 up me. Having had an i5 before this, I know exactly how they work. He actually started to brag about the layout of his 15 pages of jumbled folders and apps like it looked clean and organized. He asked if I could get apps from the Apple app store. When I told him no he had a HUZZAH! moment -- Until I told him we have access to App World AND the Play Store. He was amazed that his i5 wasn't the only LTE device. He then tried to argue that Apple was more secure. --I guess he's never used a BlackBerry before. -- lesighlol. He finally gave up and changed the topic to Mac vs PC.

TLDR: I was bored waiting for my next train and decided to bug you all with my story.

~ Timett, Son of Timett

Posted via CB10
    Cool story bro, these power fantasies seem awesome, don't they? I guess you showed 'em eh sport? Fight the good fight! In case you don't realize, that was sarcasm
    Last edited by vegetto_456; 04-13-13 at 12:41 AM.
    04-11-13 04:03 PM
    Lol...I bet he went and bought a Z10 afterwards but just didn't want to admit defeat there and then.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-11-13 04:06 PM
    We don't have access to the play store, but I get the idea! Otherwise nice story, do you think he was off to the shop to trade up and pick one up?!

Posted via CB10
    In a sense we do just not directly. Which is more than Apple and Windows can say.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-11-13 04:06 PM
    Huzzah moment. Lmao

I LOL'ed reading this. Thanks for sharing.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-11-13 04:08 PM
    The Apple faithful are members of a cult. I live in California, trust me. But does anyone recall the famous Ridley Scott 1984 Super Bowl commercial ushering in Apple as the system that would free mankind from techno-slavery? Well, time has passed, and the cultists are now enslaved to Apple. To refresh your sense of irony:

04-11-13 04:15 PM
    The Apple faithful are members of a cult. I live in California, trust me. But does anyone recall the famous Ridley Scott 1984 Super Bowl commercial ushering in Apple as the system that would free mankind from techno-slavery? Well, time has passed, and the cultists are now enslaved to Apple. To refresh your sense of irony:

Apple/google = Skynet?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:17 PM
    Apple/google = Skynet?

Posted via CB10
    I was just talking about Google becoming the real life version of Skynet.

I bet Google has enough information buried on their servers to clone anyone they want. Well, not really but you see my point.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    04-11-13 04:33 PM
    Google is creepy.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    ray689 likes this.
    04-11-13 04:35 PM
    I was just talking about Google becoming the real life version of Skynet.

I bet Google has enough information buried on their servers to clone anyone they want. Well, not really but you see my point.

Posted via CB10
    You might not be that far off. It's creepy.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:45 PM

~ Timett, Son of Timett

Posted via CB10
    People want to be right all the time and when someone uses or believes something different, the natural thing to do, it seems, is to try to preach as to why their way is superior. It's the human condition. I'm glad you were able to educate this person though.

I've had similar experiences with people with their iPhone 5. One such experience I've had is someone actually scoffing at me when I pulled out my Z10 to check CB while waiting in line and he made this huge scene with whipping out his iPhone 5 and made sure I saw him do it. I responded with, "Feeling threatened?" and went back to browsing CB. Too bad no one was around to then ask about my Z10, that would have been the icing on the cake.
    04-11-13 04:53 PM

Same. I live in the Sacramento area and I mostly see iPhones but that isn't a bad thing, I just wonder how many of them have a superiority complex. I've actually had a couple people genuinely interested in the Z10 as they had no idea that there was a new blackberry.
    04-11-13 04:56 PM
    "The irony." Indeed.
    04-11-13 04:56 PM
    There's no convincing fanboys...defend to the end. You can only sway the apple users that chose Apple by default b/c they are the standard, can't lose option.
    04-11-13 04:59 PM
    Thanks for sharing, haha, love it!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:02 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Gotta love when the z10 gets the best of android and iPhone users, they watch you interact with it in such a different way they must ask about it. I get asked almost daily, they all wanna know more but only some ask.
    04-11-13 05:54 PM
    LOL'd at Apple being more secured.....
    Suuuuure it is.

Good post OP I love when people argue and he definitely seemed like he wanted to throw BlackBerry under the bus with all of his great features on his iPhone

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:24 PM
    That guy didn't seem tech savvy at all, either that or he doesn't love outside of Apple's warped reality. Besides the fact that he didn't know that different platforms have different app storefronts, he actually believed that the iPhone was the only LTE device. Apple was late to the LTE game and their devices still lack NFC.

I didn't expect him to know that BlackBerry devices are traditionally more secure (though I don't know how much BB10 changes this). That's BlackBerry specific. But smartphone market standards? That's kind of laughable.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:51 PM
    I've been giving demos of the Z10 when people bring up BlackBerry or smartphones at work. People are really intrigued by the flick typing and the time shift camera.

I'm trying to think of the similar big leaps forward that the iP5 brought to the scene, but other than some design tweaks and a fifth row of icons, I'm at a loss as to what else was introduced.
    04-11-13 07:56 PM
    I've been giving demos of the Z10 when people bring up BlackBerry or smartphones at work. People are really intrigued by the flick typing and the time shift camera.

I'm trying to think of the similar big leaps forward that the iP5 brought to the scene, but other than some design tweaks and a fifth row of icons, I'm at a loss as to what else was introduced.
    An ever increasingly publicly admitted perception of stagnation and staleness in iOS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-11-13 08:08 PM

What a **** advert. Girl in shorts however *boing boing boing*

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:22 PM
    What a **** advert. Girl in shorts however *boing boing boing*

Posted via CB10
    Lol she was quite nice but probably a grandma by now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-11-13 08:41 PM
    I helped a co worker today with her iPhone 4S because it couldn't access the internet. I showed her how to restart the phone and then started swiping on it after reboot like I was using my Z10 (which of course got me nowhere). It really seemed so very old and tired and boring.
    04-12-13 02:35 AM
    I can definitely relate to this experience. I've owned iPhones since 2007. Just made the faithful jump over to BlackBerry on the Z10.

What I can say for sure is no matter what phones anyone is using, everyone knows the brand. Once you wave a Z10 around an iPhone 5 user, the air changes to curiosity.

I myself was a curious one knowing that the QNX layer leaves us so much room for improvement, not to mention the 2GB RAM of memory. However, to put it realistically, the Z10 is in no position to be compared to the iPhones - - the platform is still in its infancy. If you want to compare, then compare the core foundation of the 2 platforms: QNX vs Darwin.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:12 AM