Why don't you just try both and stick with the one you like better?

Posted via CB10
    jdhooghe likes this.
    05-20-13 05:52 PM
    I really, really dislike the tool/toy thing. I would love my phone to be both when I need it to be.

Posted via CB10
    grover5 and lotuslanderz like this.
    05-20-13 06:03 PM
    In reality they all allow for the same thing which is communication. BB10 has the Hub which might save the user 1 or 2 seconds in writing a message rather than opening the app to do it. Android and iOS have the notification bar which essentially are the same thing except they don't have the ability to reply to a message from the bar, but rather open an app.

To say that BB10 is a tool more than a gadget over other platforms is just closed minded nonsense. BB10 has Timeshift. That is a toy. It also has the same number of junk gaming apps that the other platforms have (by scale).

I like the Z10 don't get me wrong, but in reality the few things it does different than iOS or Android aren't that significant to make a lot of users switch right now. I'm not saying it can't get there, but right now no.

Some people in here are so completely ridiculous to think that the iPhone for instance isn't a business capable device. You could even argue its more of one right now because of the maturity if the OS and the number of apps that are available.
    BlackBerry 10 is a more focused communication tool, that is my thesis. The hub is more than just a pimped notification bar that used to distracts me. The Hub keeps me focused, by maintaining a uniform method of communication independent of the source of the information. I do not get distracted with silly message bars, only check the hub when I finish my current task. That is not a 2 seconds time saved, it is maintaining focused and leaving out the crap/bs. So, I never said you could not do the same thing on other platform, just is not the same thing.

If you do not understand my perspective, possibly is because you do not have half the messages from all different sources I get, and possibly youdo not have a heavy schedule that I have.

Yes, I am a former android user, and Z10 is my first BlackBerry smartphone.

To summarize, I can tell the difference between a efficient tool that is getting better and a cool gadget with full of distractions.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:40 PM
    If you do not understand my perspective, possibly is because you do not have half the messages from all different sources I get, and possibly youdo not have a heavy schedule that I have.
    It's not your perspective he's having a hard tome understanding it's the nonsense your talking he can't get over.

Your comments arethe same comments BB fans made after iPhone kicked the snot out of BB. And the same comment made about Android after they too kicked the snot out of BB and Android.

The only thing your not adding is that BB physical keyboard is far superior to touch screens. Though I will give you credit saying it's the best keyboard you've ever. Even though your experience is limited.

I've used BB for years before I switched to Android. I too believed the same nonsense you did, to some degree. But when I tried Android I realized there was no substance to those claims. I thought nothing could beat Surepress and even looked for an Android equivalent. When u found one I jumped ship to my surprise Swype was far superior to that keyboard. I can type almost as fast as I can on Swype as I can on my computer with less errors.

The hub is nonsense and over hyped, some people love it and some hate it. I'm on the hate side. I never liked how all my emails whee merged and how much it was a pain to change the return email.

Gesture are awesome I'll give Z10 that. But to have that add your trump card is pretty sad. That is a great feature but easily mimicked. Not only that is that feature was so great you should have joined Palm years ago.

The point I'm making here is quit the fanboism under the guise of a legitimate review. Say what you like about your platform of choice without having to insult other platforms.
    05-23-13 09:46 PM
    It's not your perspective he's having a hard tome understanding it's the nonsense your talking he can't get over.

Your comments arethe same comments BB fans made after iPhone kicked the snot out of BB. And the same comment made about Android after they too kicked the snot out of BB and Android.

The only thing your not adding is that BB physical keyboard is far superior to touch screens. Though I will give you credit saying it's the best keyboard you've ever. Even though your experience is limited.

I've used BB for years before I switched to Android. I too believed the same nonsense you did, to some degree. But when I tried Android I realized there was no substance to those claims. I thought nothing could beat Surepress and even looked for an Android equivalent. When u found one I jumped ship to my surprise Swype was far superior to that keyboard. I can type almost as fast as I can on Swype as I can on my computer with less errors.

The hub is nonsense and over hyped, some people love it and some hate it. I'm on the hate side. I never liked how all my emails whee merged and how much it was a pain to change the return email.

Gesture are awesome I'll give Z10 that. But to have that add your trump card is pretty sad. That is a great feature but easily mimicked. Not only that is that feature was so great you should have joined Palm years ago.

The point I'm making here is quit the fanboism under the guise of a legitimate review. Say what you like about your platform of choice without having to insult other platforms.
    I think the problem here is your idea of a legitimate review is one where you state what you hate. You have an issue with those who are happy with the OS, is that their problem, or is it yours...?

Posted via CB10
    digitalman101 likes this.
    05-25-13 03:58 AM
    BB10 is a half baked new OS that is rushed out but could have great potential in the future. When in the future? Only blackberry knows. Meanwhile, android has matured alot and you'll have less frustrating experience. I, myself, will be getting stock Android HTC one that will be coming out in few weeks.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 04:26 AM
    Looking at all these post about problems with 10.0 and 10.1... Trying to decide what to do. Why would anyone want to go with BB with products out there like the HTC One. BB doesn't have anything on Android. So many more apps, a software systems that is established. Maybe BB in a year or so when they get these bugs fixed and have a much more fun experience. What do you think???
    I couldn't hold out for BB to give Sprint some stock of Q10's so I had to go with the HTC. I'VE BEEN GLUED TO THE PHONE FOR OVER A WEEK SO FAR. It's a high quality piece of art. The one and only dislike is the typing. Seems like im getting used to it though.
    05-25-13 04:49 AM

(facepalm)

You are a confused puppy. I believe you mixed up OP with me, with other posts.

Anyways, just to straight things up, I ditched android for a Z10, which is my first BlackBerry smartphone. So, I am not your typical fan boy black sheep.

Nuff said.

(thread can be closed...?)

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 05:01 AM
    Allthough the HTC One looks beautiful, I personally would be worried about the future of HTC itself.
    A 90% fall in profit in a single quarter.
    Market share cut in half in a single year.
    Facebook Home has been a flop.
    The machined aluminum case takes a very long time to produce and is costly for HTC

The problem for HTC (and all androids) is that they share market with every cell manufacturer but also have to divide the Android portion of that amongst many manufacturers. They compete with Apple, Windows Phone and Blackberry to get someone to go android and then have to differentiate themselves from everyone else in the Android market. If you walk into the typical cell store and take out all the iPhones, Blackberrys and Windows phones, there is a heck of a lot of choices left. HTC has tried to differentiate themselves by making their phone stand out by appearance (it does look good). It that enough ?
    I'm not so sure the HTC One will save them.
    05-25-13 05:30 AM
    If HTC holds steady and is able to keep creative staff from leaving, I think they have a good chance. The One seems to be selling well.

The FB phone was a silly, silly idea. C'mon.
    05-25-13 11:14 AM
    BB10 is a half baked new OS that is rushed out but could have great potential in the future. When in the future? Only blackberry knows. Meanwhile, android has matured alot and you'll have less frustrating experience. I, myself, will be getting stock Android HTC one that will be coming out in few weeks.

Posted via CB10
    Your post is half baked.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 05:43 PM
    The most annoying I did not miss from android was the force close for apps that suddenly stop responding. It is happening less with each iteration of android but it still happens on jelly bean
    05-25-13 05:49 PM
    Too many people analyzing and/or criticizing these smartphones. Why don't you just enjoy them for once...

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2 and _X_ like this.
    05-25-13 05:53 PM
63 123