I'm currently rocking a HTC 8X and have been for 8 months now. I like WP but for what I need to do, its a bit unprofessional along the quirks and overheating with my 8X, I need something extremely productive. Apps aren't that big of an issue (obviously with being on WP), and I want something that will hold up in the long run being both premium and productive. Any users switch from WP to BB10? Coming from WP, will it be any good? Thanks in advance!
    07-04-13 12:22 PM
    Hey,

I came from a Nokia Lumia 800 to a Z10 and I don't think I could or ever go back, I find the Z10 a lot more fun to use and a lot more intuitive. The Z10 although does has shortcomings like you said such as APP selection, I do believe it is an over all better device. I can't comment on productivity as I've never really gauged my productivity level, But It is a much more professional looking OS in my opinion compared to WP.
    I love it, I love it, I love it.
    I do miss some integrated services like Xbox Music and well all Xbox stuff as I love me some Xbox.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    07-04-13 01:13 PM
    I'm currently rocking a HTC 8X and have been for 8 months now. I like WP but for what I need to do, its a bit unprofessional along the quirks and overheating with my 8X, I need something extremely productive. Apps aren't that big of an issue (obviously with being on WP), and I want something that will hold up in the long run being both premium and productive. Any users switch from WP to BB10? Coming from WP, will it be any good? Thanks in advance!
    I prefer BB10 to WP8, but I still really like my Lumia 928. I had an 8x prior and never had any issues with it and I loved the form factor (only sold it off to fund my Q10 purchase)

When I'm on Windows Phone I feel slower. The app switching feels clunky compared to BB10, I get annoyed by the "resuming..." screen that pops up occasionally and I'm constantly hitting my search button by accident which throws me out of what I was doing. That's probably more my fault than the OS, though. -=)

I think that BB10 is plenty good coming from WP8.

With each new leak BB10 just gets better. The latest leak, 4537, runs super smooth. Here's an example: I felt like BB10 has always had the slightest amount of lag in the (Z10) keyboard, especially when compared to Windows Phone 8. This latest leak seems to have fixed all that.

The keyboard also supports multi-touch, which I think is a must for any modern touch screen keyboard. It bugs me to no end that Windows Phone 8 doesn't have it.

I would say give it a try. I don't like telling people what I think will work for them, so I tell people what works for me.
    I could live with either OS, and I'm lucky enough that I can use both. But if I had to choose only one it would be BB10.

Posted via CB10/Z10
    07-04-13 01:55 PM
    I have previously owned a few WP, the Radar, and the Lumia 900.. They don't have as many business tools as BB10 does, and are not as productive. The Z10 with BlackBerry Flow speeds things up, reply to emails in a breeze, plus the keyboard is very nice to type on. Depending on your work, if you have many emails and calls, the Z10 would work great!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 01:59 PM
    My GF has a Lumia 920 and has some big issues using it for her business. The main issue is email.

1. She can't send embedded document attachments (only a link to docs on SkyDrive).
    With BB10 you can attach as many files of any type you want (up to the max attachment size of course. Gmail has a max of 25 MB I think, for example).

2. When she receives an email with attachments, WP strips the attachments when she forwards the email.
    With BB10, attachments are forwarded.

3. Today she needed to change the IMAP server url for a private email account she has (her email provider upgraded her server and changed the IMAP url)...

Her Windows Phone would not let me simply change the server url!

When the account stopped working, it assumed it was because her password was wrong! It would not let me change any setting except the password! So I had to delete the account and make a new one from scratch (with the correct server) and then wait for it to re synch...

Note: I like the Lumia and WP8, but I think BB10 is better for business.

NOTE : The Z10 is known to get hot sometimes!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 06:35 PM
    I like Microsoft and I like Windows Phone 8. But, I prefer BB10 for productivity. The more developers use the invocation/share API the smoother the whole experience will get, as well. I think the Hub/Remember combo is a killer productivity combo out of the box.
    07-06-13 02:25 AM