Hello, All.

So I was able to do a Video Chat from my Z10 to my Wife's Playbook on Wifi.

But once I changed the Z10 to cellphone data, the "Playbook Video Chat" option in contacts is grayed out.

I'm with an AT&T SIM card as I am traveling and will be on a Roger's SIM when I get back home.

So, is this Carrier specific that it does not allow "Playbook Video Chat" when you are on Cellphone data? Or is this a Blackberry setting? Anyone with Rogers able to use Playbook Video Chat while on Cellphone data?

Thanks.

BTW: Playbook Video Chat is great, the Playbook video chat request comes through to the Z10 like it was a phone call so no active frame needed.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    04-04-13 12:42 AM
    Hello, All.

So I was able to do a Video Chat from my Z10 to my Wife's Playbook on Wifi.

But once I changed the Z10 to cellphone data, the "Playbook Video Chat" option in contacts is grayed out.

I'm with an AT&T SIM card as I am traveling and will be on a Roger's SIM when I get back home.

So, is this Carrier specific that it does not allow "Playbook Video Chat" when you are on Cellphone data? Or is this a Blackberry setting? Anyone with Rogers able to use Playbook Video Chat while on Cellphone data?

Thanks.

BTW: Playbook Video Chat is great, the Playbook video chat request comes through to the Z10 like it was a phone call so no active frame needed.
    Yea it is pretty cool! I'm on Rogers too but haven't tried it out with my Rogers sim. I'm in the Caribbean right now and i have tried video call from my Z10 to my gf's PB! It worked fine (via the network on the Z10).

Some have reported that it is carrier related (as they could potentially implement packages to use the feature - from what i understand, could be wrong though).
    04-04-13 01:09 AM
    I tried it out with my PlayBook using the hot spot from my z10 while the phone was on cellular network and it does work. I am on Rogers as well and I only have the wifi PlayBook. I hope that that helps you and what you're referring to

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:42 AM
    I tried it out with my PlayBook using the hot spot from my z10 while the phone was on cellular network and it does work. I am on Rogers as well and I only have the wifi PlayBook. I hope that that helps you and what you're referring to

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but I don't think that counts.

I want to know when the Z10 is on cellphone data(wifi is off), can the phone make a video chat session with a playbook.

Thanks though.
    04-04-13 01:45 AM
    Sorry I may have worded that wrong my z10 was indeed on cellphone data and not Wifi sorry for the confusion

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:25 AM
    Wait, did you say you did a video chat from your Z10 to a PlayBook?
    I know I can video chat from the PlayBook to the Z10 but not the other way around.
    I've used my Z10 on WiFi or cellular network both work.

Proudly posted via Z10 on CB10
    04-04-13 02:35 AM
    Sorry I may have worded that wrong my z10 was indeed on cellphone data and not Wifi sorry for the confusion

Posted via CB10
    LOL, okay. I'm a bit confused now myself.

It sounded from your original post that you used your Z10 as a hotspot so that your Playbook can connect to the Z10's hotspot to do a video chat.

If I am correct in the above assessment of your original post, then I don't think that counts as an answer to my question.
    04-04-13 02:37 AM
    Wait, did you say you did a video chat from your Z10 to a PlayBook?
    I know I can video chat from the PlayBook to the Z10 but not the other way around.
    I've used my Z10 on WiFi or cellular network both work.

Proudly posted via Z10 on CB10
    Yes, you can do a Video chat from the Z10 to the Playbook.

To make this happen, you just need to add the BlackBerryID (that you use to login to the Playbook) to a specific contact in your Z10 and a "Playbook Video Chat" option will appear after you press "Save".

So say my wife's Playbook BBID on the playbook is [email protected], I just need to go into her contact card in the Z10 and add it as the email address. when you press save, there will be a new option in the contact card now that states "Playbook Video Chat"

So far I can only Video Chat with her when my phone is on Wifi, not when I am on AT&T's cellphone data.
    Last edited by Young Z; 04-04-13 at 02:54 AM.
    04-04-13 02:43 AM
    I believe it was noted elsewhere that you could only do video chats with wifi only as cellular bandwidth would not be suitable for video transfers like video calling.
    04-04-13 03:27 AM
    I believe it was noted elsewhere that you could only do video chats with wifi only as cellular bandwidth would not be suitable for video transfers like video calling.
    On Verizon 4G you can talk and surf at the same. you can also BBM video chat as well

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-04-13 03:59 AM
    On Verizon 4G you can talk and surf at the same. you can also BBM video chat as well

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    That is different than video calling from bb10 to bb10, or playbook.
    04-04-13 04:10 AM