Hi,
    36 hours with the Z10 and slowly getting there, so far so good. One issue I need to try and work out quickly I normally keep phone on vibrate when in office, my old bold model used to literally jump of my desk if a call or e-mail came in. With my new Z10 the vibrate is rather pathetic and not very loud. Any ideas or is it just me ?
    02-21-13 08:51 AM
    Yup same for me..i always have my phone on vibrate and I never feel it go off. Still waiting for an app or something to come out which can perhaps extend the vibration

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 08:54 AM
    To switch the phone to vibrate I had been going into Settings and then to Notifications every time to select the Mode. I actually would leave the Active Pane open so in between clients I could select Normal again. Clearly dismayed that hitting volume down all the way does not set it to Vibrate I wished for another quicker way and found this. All you have to do is the first time go into Settings>Notifications>Set Mode to Vibrate>Swipe up to make it into a Active Pane>Hit "x" closing the Active Pane>Pull down the options window from above>Simply tap the Notifications "Bell" symbol to toggle between Normal and Vibrate now. If you Power off or Restart your Z10 then you have to go through the above described again. Which ever option you chose be it Vibrate Only, Phone Calls Only, Silent and All Alerts Off, it will toggle between that and Normal. Hope this helps.
    04-13-13 12:00 AM
    Definitely need more vibrate count one count you can't even feel it especially if your phone is in your pocket I feel we need notifications like on old BlackBerry 7 os very helpful with 10 count vibrate and hard medium and soft setting of vibrate...what happen to that feature BlackBerry????

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:25 AM
    I think they settled for an average about of vibrate required by most people. There are tests and measuring equipment used which are regulated by various agencies. So its possible they had to scale it down a bit.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:29 AM
    I use the BlackBerry holster on my hip and feel it vibrate just fine. In the pocket I can understand especially if your pocket is loose to your body.
    04-13-13 10:12 AM
    I too miss the old aggressive vibrate

Posted via CB10
    teafordgang likes this.
    04-13-13 10:14 AM
    Manonthemoon,

Have you found that throughout the day your notification drop down icon returns to toggle between silent and normal? I go through the setting like you did to turn on vibrate and can then toggle between normal and vibrate using the icon. This only last for a few hours though before it returns to normal/silent. I don't power off or restart the phone. Very annoying because I have to switch in to vibrate frequently throughout the day.
    04-13-13 10:48 AM
    I also miss the vibrate options that we had to choose from with the Legacy OS...vibrate in holster WITHOUT sound. Now the only setting vibrates once and sounds the tone that the user specified. I sure hope that we get back some of the options that made a BlackBerry...a BlackBerry.
    04-13-13 11:37 AM
    You know I found this by accident Friday afternoon and used it the remaining hours of work. I wonder if you continue using it will remain but a couple of hours of inactivity it goes back. I can tell you Monday after using it at least once or twice an hour.

Posted via CB10 via Z10 via...
    04-13-13 09:49 PM
    After reading these posts, I have to agree that the vibrate mode is too weak and I sure miss the different vibrations that you can assign to which ever app you please. That way you know if it is a phone call versus BBM or WhatsApp. I had to download the ringtones so that I can have the some ones I did on my (old) BlackBerry. I sure hope they have an update for that soon!
    04-13-13 10:00 PM
    After reading these posts, I have to agree that the vibrate mode is too weak and I sure miss the different vibrations that you can assign to which ever app you please. That way you know if it is a phone call versus BBM or WhatsApp. I had to download the ringtones so that I can have the some ones I did on my (old) BlackBerry. I sure hope they have an update for that soon!
    I agree as well. I'm constantly having to look not knowing what the vibrate was notifying me of or a bunch of emails coming in at once at times feel like the phone is ringing.

Posted via CB10 via Z10 via...
    04-13-13 10:24 PM
    Well I ran between Normal and Vibrate all day without having to reset it. I was going back and forth all day and wonder if I hadn't been on Vibrate at a certain time it wouldn't have switched back to the default Normal and Silent?
    04-15-13 08:25 PM
    I really hope Blackberry ups the strength of the vibrations for the Z10 and also adds more options to it. I can barely feel it vibrate and I think the majority of times I don't even feel it at all. Also, a single vibrate for the notifications just isn't enough. I especially liked the option in prior BBs to set the vibrate to either 1, 2 or 3 vibrations for different notifications.
    04-20-13 04:13 PM
    Could you please tell us which ringtone app includes different vibrations, as a substitute at the moment, and does, if does have it, are the vibrations stronger in the app? TIA.
    04-20-13 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD