Do you want a z30, or if you own a z10, what would you like to see in an upgraded version?

The things I want is a device the exact same size with a standard 1280x720 screen pushed a little more out to the edges for about a 4.5 inch size.

A moderate speed bump would be good, perhaps a lower speed quad core if that would help the battery life.
    A larger battery would be nice if they could squeeze it is without making it any larger overall.

I would like to see an FM radio bit that is not a big deal.

Lastly, charging pod connectors.

All in all, I am pretty happy with my z10.

Posted via CB10
    pystha, unleashed_ric and creowano like this.
    04-14-14 03:21 PM
    I like the Z10, but love the Z30. An upgraded Z10 would probably convince people to upgrade, but needs more than a moderate bump in speed. Double the RAM, at least 64GB internal storage, miracast, FM radio (for those that use it), and a quad core. 4.5" screen but make it at least 1080p AMOLED (just to shut up those that complain about such things). You would probably have to make a non removable battery to have it last any length of time though.
    unleashed_ric, niss63 and diegonei like this.
    04-14-14 03:25 PM
    It's perfect the way it is for me.

The only thing I would want from it is universal dark theme. That right there is I think enough to save battery life time.
    BigBrownBirdDog likes this.
    04-14-14 03:31 PM
    I like the Z10, but love the Z30. An upgraded Z10 would probably convince people to upgrade, but needs more than a moderate bump in speed. Double the RAM, at least 64GB internal storage, miracast, FM radio (for those that use it), and a quad core. 4.5" screen but make it at least 1080p AMOLED (just to shut up those that complain about such things). You would probably have to make a non removable battery to have it last any length of time though.
    BATTERY Life would have to be improved.... but I think there is a need for a "mid-sized" screen.

But I think BlackBerry has other Giants that they need to slay first.
    andy957 likes this.
    04-14-14 03:32 PM
    Don't forget Wireless AC and USBOTG.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10 on the Rogers network.
    04-14-14 03:33 PM
    I'm willing to give a try to an all-touch BlackBerry but not the size of the Z30.

I hope there will be a successor of the Z10 but so far not much love from Chen.

Untill then, my Q1O is my light sabre

Posted via CB10
    pystha and WanShark69 like this.
    04-14-14 03:33 PM
    10.2.1 is V2. Its really a new phone since launch.
    04-14-14 04:45 PM
    Keep the size. I prefer it over my Z30's large and heavy form factor.

Improvements I would like to see:
    AMOLED Screen
    Naturalsound speakers
    120 grams or less
    Less bezel
    Slight speed bump
    Slight battery bump

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 likes this.
    04-14-14 04:56 PM
    Keep the size. I prefer it over my Z30's large and heavy form factor.

Improvements I would like to see:
    AMOLED Screen
    Naturalsound speakers
    120 grams or less
    Less bezel
    Slight speed bump
    Slight battery bump

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, keep the size. It is the main reason that I got the Z10. I didn't want to have to lug around a larger device.
    KDB84 likes this.
    04-14-14 06:38 PM
    BATTERY Life would have to be improved.... but I think there is a need for a "mid-sized" screen.

But I think BlackBerry has other Giants that they need to slay first.
    For sure, I am going to a Z30 in a few months

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Z10 Official 10.2.1
    04-14-14 07:00 PM
    Keep size, push screen to 4.5 or 4.7
    Add z30 goodies: speakers, antenna, etc
    Must have 4gb of mem. Bb10 I'd a memory hog
    Superior gpu
    Must have removable battery
    Hdmi out

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 and creowano like this.
    04-14-14 07:04 PM
    I love the form factor of the z10. If they just made the screen use up all this waisted space it would be perfect for me. Maybe make it in a few more colors. Keep upgrading the OS and with a little advertising it would be the hottest device out there.

Z10
    04-14-14 07:30 PM
    More storage!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 07:40 PM
    A full screen BlackBerry with better stats and with a max screen size of 4.5.
    KDB84 likes this.
    04-14-14 07:59 PM
    It's perfect the way it is for me.

The only thing I would want from it is universal dark theme. That right there is I think enough to save battery life time.
    Only an Amoled screen benefits battery life from a dark theme...the Z10's don't have one.

Trusted Member Genius
    04-15-14 03:48 AM
    IMO 4.5" is the best screen size to get the same form factor, but make it 16:9 to keep it less wide.
    04-15-14 04:10 AM
    Only an Amoled screen benefits battery life from a dark theme...the Z10's don't have one.
    On the opposite, amoled sucks more battery on web browsing due white backgrounds.
    I prefer anytime a LCD display, the one that's on z10 is perfectly fine. I try to bypass any phone with amoled screen, I have an galaxy s2 and the screen is highly degradated, the section where the black status bar is not that 'washed' as the rest of the screen. Plus I can observe some icons in the status bar. In my case (heavily internet/browser user), the screen started to wear within months (brand new s2). The s2 has a full rgb matrix, other amoled display have pentile matrix which aren't wearing as fast as s2. But they still wear..

As for the next z10, I personally prefer a reduced form factor by reducing the bezels, battery optimizations (it may be software in combination with more power efficient SoC), miracast, flagship SoC, better memory management (if not, increase to 3GB), etc

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and pystha like this.
    04-15-14 04:11 AM
    Being my first day with a demo, I'm not really qualified.
    However I was almost surprised it doesn't have a charging pod system. I would want this especially with the limited battery life.
    Keep the removable battery.
    More storage, and faster Is always nice.
    If BlackBerry takes over that bluetooth Phone keyboard company Typo they're suing I would love to have something like that. (if you haven't read, a company called Typo makes an iPhone case with a fully functional bluetooth keyboard just like the Q10's) included with the purchase of the phone so you have the best of both worlds.

That's about it for me.
    04-15-14 04:39 AM
    Here is my wish list

1. Bigger screen (4.5 would be good)

2. Better screen (Super AMOLED Or QHD)

3. Active notification (like on Moto X). I think this would work great with the new feature in 10.3 when you flip the phone and screen turns on

4. Have power button under volume keys

5. Relocate HDMI and USB ports. Charging in car presents a problem when it's cradled. Much more troublesome when you have a portfolio flip case

6. Make the volume keys harder to press accidentally

7. Notification LED Redesign. Make it modern like Oppo Find 7

8. E Ink screen so reading pdf documents on the go wouldn't drain 10% battery

9. All the essential connectivity es (USB Otg, Miracast etc). Or create a BlackBerryTV to utilise that DLNA "Play On" feature like Chromecast and Airplay

10. Make the vibration stronger

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 05:18 AM
    My z10 is almost ideal for me.
    But I will buy new phone for any money if it has some upgrade:

1. Better antenna (signal loss for me the main problem)
    2. Larger battery
    3. Bigger screen with same phone size and possible same resolution. Less screen frames.
    Last edited by puppet1; 04-15-14 at 05:55 AM.
    04-15-14 05:40 AM
    Better battery life and a desk top charger like my 9000. I hope the Q20 has a desk top changer option that would be sweet.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2234
    04-15-14 05:50 AM
    Keep most of it the same way, but:

* Bigger battery
    * USB OTG
    * Miracast
    * WiFi (IEEE) 808.11ac
    * Much improved camera

I'd buy it without hesitation.
    BigBrownBirdDog likes this.
    04-15-14 06:37 AM
    I'm all for an upgraded Z10-size device (which may include a portrait slider. . .)
    04-15-14 08:43 AM
    Only 1 Request, double the size of the battery. Other than that not 1 complaint about this phone. It"s the best Blackberry that I have ever owned and have had it since it was available in Canada. 10.2.1.2102 working awesome
    FF22 and BigBrownBirdDog like this.
    04-15-14 09:03 AM
    Only 1 Request, double the size of the battery. Other than that not 1 complaint about this phone. It"s the best Blackberry that I have ever owned and have had it since it was available in Canada. 10.2.1.2102 working awesome
    I don't know about "doubling" but the phone could be thicker to accommodate a larger battery.

I have a feeling we will be stuck with the amoled screens. There are just things that change even if they are not a better tech in one area if they are better in the other. Screen visibility seems to have taken a backseat to power efficiency.
    04-15-14 12:28 PM
42 12