Was just looking at the specs on the z10 on blackberry site. Under network & connectivity they spec Z10(4G - Verizon ) does this mean the z10 will only be able to obtain 4g speed only and not 4g LTE I'm confused I thought only att had 4g/4g LTE. If anyone knows it would help, I will jump ship if i can't get LTE. Thankx crackberry nation!!!! Can't wait for my black on black Z10
    02-09-13 06:28 PM
    Was just looking at the specs on the z10 on blackberry site. Under network & connectivity they spec Z10(4G - Verizon ) does this mean the z10 will only be able to obtain 4g speed only and not 4g LTE I'm confused I thought only att had 4g/4g LTE. If anyone knows it would help, I will jump ship if i can't get LTE. Thankx crackberry nation!!!! Can't wait for my black on black Z10
    Thank you for posting.

BlackBerry Z10 is announced to launch on Verizon *WITH* full LTE support (and as a matter of fact, the Q10 as well). Please see:
    The New BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless
    BlackBerry 10 - Blackberry Z10 in Verizon's official company News

Where is all this FUD coming from???
    02-09-13 06:35 PM
    Look at the back of the white phone on the Berizon website here:

The New BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

Note it says 4G LTE
    02-09-13 06:35 PM
    BlackBerry Z10 Specs - Specifications for BlackBerry 10 Smartphone - US

I've seen all those links, Thankx. I was just wondering why blackberry has it listed as Z10(4G - Verizon ) on the official spec page scroll down to network & connectivity its right there in black and white sorry. I know what the other pages say on the Verizon site(s). My question is still why is blackberry listing it as 4g and not 4G LTE. Don't they know better than Verizon they manufacturer the phone, just wanted clarification. I want the best connection when the Z10 comes to the US. Is is mistake or something or will the Z10 be limited to 4g on Verizon. Thankx crackberry nation you guys are always on top of everything blackberry.......come on Z10!!!!
    02-09-13 07:37 PM
    It's fully 4g LTE. I played with the Verizon version a few days ago
    02-09-13 07:41 PM
    SORRY NATION.......just got off phone with Verizons Tech support, 4G LTE is all they offer unless its not available then you pick up 3g if your out of 4G LTE coverage. I guess someone made a typo on the blackberry site, it needs to be fixed.
    02-09-13 07:45 PM
    Thanks for the hands on info can't wait til a get mine.
    02-09-13 07:52 PM
    Thanks for the hands on info can't wait til a get mine.
    I agree, can't wait. With my GS3 (and a few other phones) a 3d party app (LTE On/Off, PhoneInfo) was need to shut off the 4g radio to save juice
    03-15-13 10:48 PM
    This isn't so good. If Verizon's Z10 is always on LTE, that would mean a crushing battery drain--not to mention 3G on iPhone4S, we turn that off to save power. There has to be a way to turn off LTE.
    03-29-13 01:43 AM
    Mine displays 4G LTE in the upper portion of my phone.
    03-29-13 02:01 AM
    Finally left Wife for the day and when I got outside, saw the big 4G LTE next to signal bars on my Z10 with Verizon

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:01 AM
    Let's just go through this really quickly:

Cellphone technologies and what they're being called:

CDMA carriers: (Verizon and Sprint)
    1xRTT : ~150 kbps maximum, voice is carried on this as well, on an iPhone a little circle will appear
    1xEVDO : Also called 3G by Verizon and Sprint, this is a 1.25+1.25 MHz channel that can carry 3.1 mbps maximum on the forward channel (downloading to the phone), "3G" will appear on an iPhone
    4G LTE : on Verizon this is 10+10 MHz and could theoretically support around 71 mbps forward, on Sprint this is 5+5 MHz, "LTE" will appear on an iPhone
    So the stages of service are:
    1xRTT (circle or 1x)->1xEVDO (1xEv, 3G)-> 4G LTE

GSM carriers: (T-Mobile and AT&T)
    GPRS: ~115 kbps maximum, "2G" sometimes, and a little circle appears on an iPhone if this is the kind of connection you have
    EDGE: ~236 kbps maximum, also called "2G" sometimes, and an "E" symbol will appear on an iPhone.
    UMTS / HSPA: 5+5 MHz, also called WCDMA. The 5 MHz channel was divided into 16 parts via CDMA, one part (or code) reserved for command channel, so the most payload theoretically possible was 15 codes out of 16.
    This gets all confusing. In the old days, this was 3G. There were stages of it:
    • 5 spreading codes, 16QAM: called 3G by everyone (3.6 Mbps). Phone will display "3G" or "H" or "4G"
    • 10 spreading codes, 16QAM: called 3G by everyone (7.2 Mbps). "3G" or "H" or "4G"
    • 15 spreading codes, 16QAM: called 3G by AT&T at first, called 4G by T-Mobile (14 MBps) (non-linear scaling because of more lenient error checking). "3G" or "H" or "H+" or "4G"
    • 15 spreading codes, 64QAM: called 3G by AT&T at first, T-Mobile's definition of 4G seemed to shift from the above to this after some time. This is AT&T's fastest HSPA currently. About 21 mbps. "3G" or "H" or "H+" or "4G"
    • 15 spreading codes, 64QAM, dual carrier: AT&T doesn't have this. T-Mobile calls this 4G. 42 Mbps maximum speed. "3G" or "H" or "H+" or "4G"

Everything in the above list is now called 4G by both AT&T and T-Mobile. However, if you have for example an unlocked AT&T iPhone and put a T-Mobile SIM in it, the indicator will show "3G". European carriers almost universally refer to the above as either 3G or "H" (for HSPA). I'm not aware of any european carrier referring to any of the above as 4G. Sometimes as "3.5G"
    Next is "4G LTE".

The stages of service are GPRS (G or circle)->EDGE (E)->HSPA-6 (3G, H, 4G)->HSPA-8 (3G, H, 4G)->HSPA-10 (3G, H, 4G)->HSPA-14 (3G, H, 4G)->HSPA-24 (3G, H, 4G)->4G LTE
    03-29-13 02:22 AM
    I agree, can't wait. With my GS3 (and a few other phones) a 3d party app (LTE On/Off, PhoneInfo) was need to shut off the 4g radio to save juice
    Yes. Totally need this app as I already know I'm in a fringe area of DC Metro. Worked well on my Razr and Bionic
    03-29-13 02:37 AM