This is a great app for controlling most of the permissions on other android apps.

AppOps:

https://app.box.com/s/tpvqkjjlbg8gzpmzp4r1hflxnj1lv02y

Attachment 368236

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    Did you ever get the feeling that people just weren't listening? At least I did. Great tip and much appreciated!!!
    axllebeer likes this.
    09-20-15 01:36 PM
    Did you ever get the feeling that people just weren't listening? At least I did. Great tip and much appreciated!!!
    You are very welcome. If you know anyone else that wants the app share the link around. This for me is the best solution for using Android apps but still accessing permission control.

09-20-15 01:52 PM
    You are very welcome. If you know anyone else that wants the app share the link around. This for me is the best solution for using Android apps but still accessing permission control.

Definitely will spread the word. Love the fact that I can now access all permissions. Also found the time since the app in question last used the permission to be very useful and quite revealing!!

On a side note, I checked Application Permissions in Security and Privacy, and unfortunately the setting in AppOps do not update status here. But that's understandable.
    09-20-15 02:33 PM

On a side note, I checked Application Permissions in Security and Privacy, and unfortunately the setting in AppOps do not update status here. But that's understandable.
    I don't think you will see the difference there because you are changing the app permissions from within the Android Runtime. But a good test would be to load a weather app for example that relies on location services and then through app opps disable that permission. Then check to see if it will still locate you.

Better example is I use Google Play Music all access. It kept telling me that Play Services are required in the HUB. (they are not required by the way) I got tired of it so I disabled the permission for posting notifications and now I don't see them anymore. See pic :

Attachment 372391
    09-21-15 10:07 AM
    Unwanted stuff can be removed with http://www.gridbook.org/pb-app-mgr/ .

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ljnelbpblnikkp

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by yhamaie; 09-21-15 at 02:36 PM.
    09-21-15 01:45 PM
    Using "Android Assistant" (the one from Mobogenie not Amazon BTW) you have a choice to uninstall Amazon. It will not uninstall it, of course, but does reset to virgin, as if never opened. So, if you leave it, permissions remain inactivated.
    09-23-15 11:59 AM
    It's the demand for microphone, location data, camera, contacts, etc. There is no reason for an app store to demand that. Amazon is either very sloppy or a privacy invader of the most egregious kind. Or a bit of both.

Posted on my Passport to the future
    I wonder what the permission are of BlackBerry App World? ...

09-23-15 12:24 PM
    Easy fix, open parental controls, disable the app store. JOB DONE NOW CELEBRATE!!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 10:18 AM
    Great tip. Did this and noticed how the Amazon app disappeared from screen and Android run time player usage went down dramatically as it was running in background!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 11:17 AM
34 12