Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 using up data and storage help!

For the past couple of weeks my z10 has been going through mega bytes like crazy. Most of the time im not running anything and its on my desk and it will still go through 60-70mb in a matter of hours. Also i got a notification that i have 500mb left on my device storage, and 15gb of it is labelled as other data. Everything i added to my z10 has been on an sd card so this is confusing.
    Ive deleted almost all the apps trying to figure this out but still nothing.
    Any advice will be great i dont have an unlimited plan so this is killing me

Thanks
    Mike

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,018 Global Posts
    PIN
    pins tend to hurt you..

no idea on the storage part but be sure that you are not syncing box or dropbox or any other cloud services over the network and the amount of email accounts you have set to push.

not too sure otherwise.
    CrackBerry Genius

I think he is talking about storage on his phone.

Other storage is typically applications. Make sure you don't have big applications. Other than that... that it!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

There has to be some kind of issue with what you are running on the phone, or something is wrong.

I am using about 500 MB to 1 GB per month average. I am very active with the phone every day for my work and also some personal use. I process many emails and have to do a lot of internet research. I am watching very few videos and not using it for music. If I watch any videos they are mostly for documentation or for news items.

I know of some people who are watching videos, making many downloads, streaming music, sending photos, and etc. One person I was talking to is using more than 2 to 3 GB per month average.
    Jerry G.

I'm seeing the storage issue on my wifes phone actually.

Noticed that the BlackBerry hub wouldn't load. Looked at the device, 0 bytes left for Storage and it had corrupted the SD card.

Oddly, there is only about 100mb of user files. And no big applications installed.

My immediate thought is that its the emails / text messages / facebook. Something looks like it filled up storage space. but as we don't even have read access to most of the locations, I can't tell *what* has filled it up... Or what to remove.

Weird.
    CrackBerry Abuser

^ you probably have to wipe the Z10 to get rid of that memory clog.

Posted via CB10
    Z10 & PB FTW!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,159 Global Posts

As a family before we had 3 bold 9780s and 1 torch 9800 each with a 6gb data plan. All together we used less than a mb per month. On 3 Z10's and 1 iPhone 5 we are almost at 4gb per month on a shared 4gb plan. So far this month 3.1 gb for April. So its much more consuming than before. I guess with no more compressed data berries are hogs like other Platforms. we'll see how it goes. May have to increase the plan. As long as we don't get clipped for a lot of extra data, no complaints. It is what it is.

Steve, Posted via CB10

Well. Somethings definitely up.

I figure either the phone didn't remove the upgrade files. Or there is a cache. I wiped everything we could including browser cache.

AppWorld installed apps show no large anomalies for apps I can't remove.

I might open the OS to see where the data is. But we won't be able to clear it. So yeah, re imaging will be necessary.

Posted via CB10