Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 user from UK having problems setting up BT Internet mail account

I have been having a bit of a nightmare setting up email accounts on the Z10. I've finally got my work ones done but though the phone has accepted the settings for BT Internet its not sending or receiving messages for this account. Any know the correct settings/ports etc. I'd really appreciate your help with this. Thanks in advance
    CrackBerry Master

need more info about your accounts???
    Are you using Activesync or BES10 or plain pop? Can you talk to your administrator?
    What service providers for email?
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Default Z10 user from UK having problems setting up BT Internet mail account

On the Accounts page, press Add Account then press Advanced at the bottom. Set the account up under Yahoo! The Display Name is what you want the account to show up as in the Hub, and your Username is your full email address. Then just fill out your email address and password below, and hit submit, everything else is done for you.
    That's how I set up my BT Internet email account, and it's been working fine. It's a little slower receiving emails than it was before on BIS, but only by a couple of minutes.
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    Thanked by:
    Trekker22 (07-10-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Hi, thanks for your response. I have tried Yahoo, IMAP and POP. Orange support on their website recommends POP set up under the advanced settings and I've finally got the account set up. I am now able to send from the BT account on my phone but still can't receive. What port settings did you use ?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Hi Jools, Give the below a shout these are what I have and these are what work for me for my btinternet.com account

Username - BT Email address
    Email - BT Email Address
    Password - BT Email Password

Server Address - imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Port - 993
    Encryption - SSL
    IMAP Path Prefix - Blank

SMTP username - BT email address
    Password - BT EMail password
    SMTP Port - 465
    SMTP Encryption - SSL

Other options are your choice
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM Me For It

Default Re: Z10 user from UK having problems setting up BT Internet mail account

I have a BTInternet account and got it working just fine.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Follow me on twitter @Ross_Scott
    BlackBerry 8900 > BlackBerry Torch 9800> BlackBerry Bold 9780 > BlackBerry Z10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Hi Andy Thanks for taking the time to send this. I had tried IMAP with those settings before and have just tried again exactly as set out. Its not having it (server not responding, check settings and try again). Its very, very odd. I also had real trouble setting up my work emails though thankfully they are up and running now. Hmmm what next I wonder
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Hi Phill, thanks for your feedback. I'm trying all suggestions and gave this one ago. Again I have outgoing mail but not incoming. I wonder what the issue is as it sounds like other people are setting up their BT accounts without too many problems.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi Jools123. Have you sorted this yet and what provider do you have? Having a total nightmare with Vodaphone. Switched from the Bold to the Z10 and have the number transferred but neither Vodaphone nor BT (my business email provider) can get any of my contacts or CRITICALLY my email to work on the Z10. really critical for me as run my own business and email on phone vital. Please can anyone help? Have tried all suggestions above, but just get the (server not responding, check settings and try again) message.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andyb488 View Post
    Hi Jools, Give the below a shout these are what I have and these are what work for me for my btinternet.com account

Username - BT Email address
    Email - BT Email Address
    Password - BT Email Password

Server Address - imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Port - 993
    Encryption - SSL
    IMAP Path Prefix - Blank

SMTP username - BT email address
    Password - BT EMail password
    SMTP Port - 465
    SMTP Encryption - SSL

Other options are your choice
    Strange...

I let mine set up automatically and the settings are similar to yours, except for the IMAP and SMTP addresses.

My IMAP server address is rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com and the SMTP server address is rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

These settings work perfectly for me.
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi,
    I have wasted 3 days this week trying to my Z10 to work over the Vodafone network. Hotmail accounts fine but the 3 office based accounts no luck
    Tried all methods to set up. Active sync actually managed to register with my Exchange server but the blackberry does not receive any email
    After a number of very pointless phone calls to Vodafone, talking to people who had no idea about anything let alone Blackberry mail, i spoke to a 2nd line tech
    She eventually called me back and said that this is aknown issue. You can't connect to Microsoft exchange servers at the moment, Blackberry are working on a fix which will be available March. It probably will work if the server is running BES which mine isn't. The phone is going back today and my Torch is back up and runnig. Not likey to buy another blackberry after many happy years. The most important feature is the email and they have made a complete mess of it
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi . I have the same problem. I have always had Blackberry and have never had trouble loading email data between old and new blackberry phones. I spent 3 hours in Vodafone yesterday and even they can not get my work emails up and running. We have managed to get my google account working though.

Not a good start as I rely on my Blackberry. Have you managed to find a solution yet ?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    Strange...

I let mine set up automatically and the settings are similar to yours, except for the IMAP and SMTP addresses.

My IMAP server address is rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com and the SMTP server address is rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

These settings work perfectly for me.

BTINTERNET account working fine from day 1... But today my email appear not to be sent, but then they are sent multiple times.... Seems to be 02 related....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default bb z10 unable to set up yahoo.co.uk account

Hi
    Not accepting my registration
    My domain suffix is. Co.uk
    But I map and SMTP entered default as. Com

Also I map port is 993 while SMTP port is 465

Please help
    Lalu
    CrackBerry User

Solution was simple for me --- eventually---
    Log into BT Yahoo Mail Preview on the PC, Open Mail Options (Top right), Open Advanced Options- "POP and Forwarding", Select- "Access BT Yahoo! Mail via POP" then Save. Do this for each account then go back on the Z10 and update the password on each account again.
    Last edited by JAGUARBREAKER; 06-15-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Thank you Phill

Thank you so much. I've had my z 10 since Friday and despite the O2 guru's help, still haven't been able to get my emails in. I should have ignored them and come straight here. Problem solved with just one read. Thank you so much.