So I needed to find a way to repair the USB port on my Z10. I had purchased it used with issues on the port - the previous owner dropped it a lot and the port got damaged - wouldn't charge properly. So purchased some ports off eBay and did two things:

1. Checked for a USB port fix / schematics online.
    2. Used my wife's Z10 to verify pinouts.

As it turns out this dude called ABUBABLU did some good repair work on a Z10 before and provided solder points for USB, battery and SIM slot on the Z10. I give all credit to this guy because he's a very good electronics tech from the other stuff he posted - unfortunately he doesn't answer back as I've emailed him on this issue.

All of the points check out except for one - his schematic diagram has the #4 USB pin as the CRADLE_USB_ID which is what (I guess) starts the USB connection - exists on my model. There may be a difference in the STL100-1/2/3 boards. There is a solder point near the SD card slot on the phone that does not exist on my model - on mine there's just a row of capacitors (I think they're caps - so small.....) and I can't find where that pin should go.

The original posts I found on GSMARENA and others can be found on another site.

I had to run all the lines using IDE cables because all the solder points on the board for the USB port were torn off during removal - they were just that badly damaged (and I don't have a rework station......) - The phone now charges with no issues, but the USB connection can't work. If anyone knows where this should go on the STL100-3 please let me know so I can get this sorted definitively. Thanks in advance.

Will post pics of my fix later on.
    Last edited by khat17; 08-20-14 at 08:44 PM.
    08-20-14 09:10 AM
    Hi Khat17
    Not sure it'll helps 100% but you might want to have a look here : BlackBerry Z10 Charging Port|USB Port
    As I'm not sure the connectors you grabbed from eBay are genuine, you may want to ensure the SKU you have is the good one and compare visually, maybe ?
    Also, you may ask them if they have a help guide (not found on their site, but may exist internally), given you pay them the $2.3 to buy the item ... may worse it !

P.S: don't forget your Z10 is also capable to share/sync via Wifi

hope it helps,
    SF
    08-20-14 10:21 AM
    Thanks for the reply. The ports I got are good - the charging works fine now - the issue is the pinout on the board is damaged and I'd have to find a solder point elsewhere to put the wire.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-20-14 10:45 AM
    Sorry I didn't understand it well. Hope you'll find the answer ASAP. I'd suggest you post on the forums you've mentioned VS direct email..
    Many contributors don't like personal answers...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    08-20-14 11:57 AM
    I'm not sure which model ABUBABLU took his information from, but my model is different. Here are pics of the ports as I've tested and mapped. Most of them are exactly the same as his except one. Hope this helps others with the endeavor. Mine doesn't work so well due to the fact that I thought the connection went to a capacitor where his was in the picture. His pictures were also low quality so I couldn't see it well. It was after some checking that I finally found out the models were different and the points not the same. I probably screwed up something, but it happens to help out others. Hopefully someone else will get their things fixed and not go through this issue. Have fun CB fam. All credits for the original information go to ABUBABLU - kudos.

*EDIT*
    Just to notify that though I had done the wrong connection before - absolutely my fault - and the USB recognizes as a charger now, there are a few times that I connect the USB and it recognizes. When it does now everything syncs with no problem. Just have to replug it a couple times for it to recognize......

Again - this is done to make sure nobody makes the same mistakes. When I get my camera fixed maybe I'll do a macro shot of the board and post so it's better visible.
    Last edited by khat17; 08-20-14 at 08:59 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-20-14 03:17 PM
    Apologies for the DP - but using this as an opportunity to BUMP the thread as well.

Got my hands on an STL100-1 to try and fix. Board is dead, but at least I managed to find the pinouts.

First let's look at the 100-3 vs the 100-1

Then once you get inside - in case you have issues and want to try and re-do the connections - here are the contact points.

Hope this helps. Keep at it BB fam.

This also makes me question which model ABUBABLU had when he posted his info........I've not gotten my hands on the STL100-2 as yet so who knows?
    08-23-14 11:02 PM