I have tried everything. I only got the Z10 today.

• Reinstalled BlackBerry Link
    • Updated drivers manually from BlackBerry website
    • Uninstalled BlackBerry Link and tried to get it to recognized the USB connection without it
    • Uninstalled RIM network device in Device Manager

Dev Alpha connects perfectly What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this?
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-23-13 01:09 AM
    I have tried everything. I only got the Z10 today.

• Reinstalled BlackBerry Link
    • Updated drivers manually from BlackBerry website
    • Uninstalled BlackBerry Link and tried to get it to recognized the USB connection without it
    • Uninstalled RIM network device in Device Manager

Dev Alpha connects perfectly What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this?
    Perhaps an error on the device itself? I had a similar issue on my S3 one day, and oddly enough, the time honored battery pull cleared the error. I know it seems trite, but I didn't see that as an attempted resolution. Also, try a different USB cable if you have one, I've had cables that worked fine with one phone, but not another. They can be crazy that way. At least I'll bump the thread so that others can take a shot at helping you with the problem if my suggestions don't pan out.
    04-29-13 05:40 PM
    I don't know if you figured out a solution to your issue or not but I had the same issue on day one. I tried everything including pulling out my hair and nothing worked until I changed which USB cable I was using to connect with. I must've had a cheapo that wasn't cutting it, might've been the one that came in my Verizon/Costco kit. It worked as an ac charger but not for connecting to my PC, go figure.
    Anyway, just a thought. Hope you get it worked out.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-29-13 08:13 PM
    Windows 8 compatibility issue. Confirmed through BlackBerry and it works on Windows 7. No Windows 8 driver yet

Posted via CB10
    pkcable and BergerKing like this.
    04-30-13 06:21 AM
    Good to know!!!!!! The Z10 requires a Win7 or lower machine at least for now! I'm sure they are working on a driver.
    04-30-13 02:44 PM
    Windows 8 compatibility issue. Confirmed through BlackBerry and it works on Windows 7. No Windows 8 driver yet

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the feedback! And a new question to ask when trying to help others.
    04-30-13 04:25 PM
    If Windows 8 has a compatibility mode for programs as like with Windows 7 and previous versions, try setting the compatibility mode in the shortcut to Link to be Windows 7. In Windows 7 this is done through the shortcut properties, or the program properties.

I do Windows 7 support, but I have no experience or training for supporting Windows 8. Therefore, my suggestion is a guess based on my past Windows experience.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-30-13 04:54 PM
    If Windows 8 has a compatibility mode for programs as like with Windows 7 and previous versions, try setting the compatibility mode in the shortcut to Link to be Windows 7. In Windows 7 this is done through the shortcut properties, or the program properties.

I do Windows 7 support, but I have no experience or training for supporting Windows 8. Therefore, my suggestion is a guess based on my past Windows experience.
    Thanks for the suggestion, perhaps we have someone with Win 8 that can check that.
    04-30-13 05:06 PM
    USB connection works fine in windows 8 as long as it's a usb 2.0 port. I get no connection if I use one of my usb 3.0 ports

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:11 PM
    I am running Windows 8 and do not have a problem with Link connecting to my Z10. However, after I installed Link the Blackberry Device Manager had a problem with my Playbook. Do you have any other versions of Blackberry software installed? One thing that seems to make things all better for me that is, is uninstalling the blackberry device in the device manager and then reinstalling the device manager after you have removed all and then all is fine.
    04-30-13 06:15 PM
    My BlackBerry Link also stopped working since beginning of March. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software etc... no luck either... not sure what's going on, but since BlackBerry Protect like bridge is severely crippled compared to prior os6/7 bb, I am stuck and can. It back up phone. Tried also to update the dependent .NET requirements... how could it simply jut quit? for the record I tried a system rollback to no avail... frustrated as hell.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 07:07 PM
    Hi Guys,

Those of you with possible cable issues, remember that you need to use an original Blackberry data cable and not just any USB cable. Do a search and there is something about two of the wires being crossed over in the data cable to allow the phone to be seen as a storage device. You need to have this data cable or Blackberry cable for the computer to recognise that the phone when connected can be viewed as a data storage port like a USB thumb drive.

This could also possibly effect the Blackberry computer software talking to the phone. I only use one of the originally supplied Blackberry cables to be on the safe side. But is saying that, I have a Playbook, 9800 Torch for work and the Z10 for personal. Desktop software on the computer for Playbook and 9800 and Link for Z10. Both only work on my old Windows XP machine and not Windows 8 64 bit. With Link I have been getting error messages to Microsoft and had to reload, error messages still remain, but I have found to cancel or not send report to Microsoft and it keeps working. Would still like to know why I am getting error messages.

Also I am having problems with syncing Link to my ITunes library, but the Playbook and earlier desktop software I am not. Again anyone can help here would be great. I prefer the older desktop software, link is too minimalistic and lacks settings and controls to know what you are realt doing.

Cheers for my 10 cents worth.
    05-01-13 02:21 AM
    Hi everyone.

I am new OS 10 user and was kinda frustating that RIM did not consider about this situation. In home i only have a laptop with 4 ports only 3.0. I had to wait until i go to office and try it. Yes, 3.0 ports have issues. I hope very soon it should update.

However, I am very happy coming from Android to a BB+Android UI!
    05-04-13 11:32 AM
    Hi everyone.

I am new OS 10 user and was kinda frustating that RIM did not consider about this situation. In home i only have a laptop with 4 ports only 3.0. I had to wait until i go to office and try it. Yes, 3.0 ports have issues. I hope very soon it should update.

However, I am very happy coming from Android to a BB+Android UI!
    Good to know. 3.0 is supposed to be backwards compatible, but sometimes it isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    05-07-13 06:22 PM
    Hi Guys,
    The latest Blackberry Link is now working OK with my Windows 8 64 bit computer and the error messages to Microsoft have gone. So hopefully all is settling down.
    Scott
    05-19-13 06:28 PM
    Hi Guys,
    The latest Blackberry Link is now working OK with my Windows 8 64 bit computer and the error messages to Microsoft have gone. So hopefully all is settling down.
    Scott
    Not for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 01:33 AM
    I just spent hours searching for a solution. So far nothing has worked.
    I have connected my Z10 to Link on this computer before, using this USB cord.

I have tried the following:
    1) disconnected the USB cord and rebooted the computer then plugged in the USB cord
    2) disconnected the USB cord and rebooted the Z10 then plugged in the USB cord
    3) disconnected the USB cord uninstalled LINK and reinstalled it then rebooted the computer then plugged in the USB cord
    4) changed Storage and Access setting to Connect to Windows
    5) tried a different BlackBerry USB cord
    6) disconnected the USB cord uninstalled LINK and reinstalled it then rebooted the computer then plugged in the USB cord
    7) disconnected the USB cord and disabled BlackBerry Device Manager then plugged in USB cord and restarted LINK
    8) screamed and yelled at the computer
    9) searched BlackBerry Support Forums
    10) searched Crackberry Forums
    11) googled the problem

Now I am completely frustrated I want to back up my Z10 so can install the latest 10.2 leak.
    My Z10 DOES connect to LINK via wifi. Too bad can not back up via wifi

I have a HP laptop with Windows 7.
    Z10 is a STL-200 with 10.1.0.4181

Thanks for any help !
    C
    09-19-13 04:58 PM
    I had the same issue with my PlayBook . I did a windows update and there was a blackberry update that fixed the problem

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 05:09 PM
    I have no Windows updates outstanding ....
    09-19-13 06:12 PM
    I just spent hours searching for a solution. So far nothing has worked.
    I have connected my Z10 to Link on this computer before, using this USB cord.

I have tried the following:
    1) disconnected the USB cord and rebooted the computer then plugged in the USB cord
    2) disconnected the USB cord and rebooted the Z10 then plugged in the USB cord
    3) disconnected the USB cord uninstalled LINK and reinstalled it then rebooted the computer then plugged in the USB cord
    4) changed Storage and Access setting to Connect to Windows
    5) tried a different BlackBerry USB cord
    6) disconnected the USB cord uninstalled LINK and reinstalled it then rebooted the computer then plugged in the USB cord
    7) disconnected the USB cord and disabled BlackBerry Device Manager then plugged in USB cord and restarted LINK
    8) screamed and yelled at the computer
    9) searched BlackBerry Support Forums
    10) searched Crackberry Forums
    11) googled the problem

Now I am completely frustrated I want to back up my Z10 so can install the latest 10.2 leak.
    My Z10 DOES connect to LINK via wifi. Too bad can not back up via wifi

I have a HP laptop with Windows 7.
    Z10 is a STL-200 with 10.1.0.4181

Thanks for any help !
    C
    Not sure what happened but about the 7th time I reinstalled Link it worked !!! Aurgh, this is one of the most basic of basic pieces of software that is vital to the use of the phone. BlackBerry NEEDS to fix this yesterday.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-19-13 06:23 PM
    When I first connected the z10, Link found it. Since then, it shows it "installed" but I canNOT connect. This is quite irritating. I canNOT backup and I cannot sync my calendar/contacts. Irritating is maybe not quite strong enough. If they can't get such basics running reasonably, what can we expect of them.
    09-20-13 07:47 AM
    Turn OFF WiFi on your phone.
    Then you will be able to connect to it via USB.
    Go to Settings / Network - Connections / WiFi = Off

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-20-13 08:37 AM
    I had to redo windows to get mine working again. Prob should have just tried re installing Link.. oh well it works now. My PB and 9900 connected fine though.....

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 09:15 AM
    Posted via CB10
    I actually tried putting it in Airplane mode. Still didnt work.
    Once I used the BB cord that came with Z10 (was using one from my 9800 before and a third party vendor one before that) it recognized the phone.

Thats the ONLY thing I can think of that I did different the last time I re-installed LINK. Absolutely frustrating for sure.
    09-20-13 05:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Holy Crap! I think you got it - or I did. I seem to be actually seeing CONNECT for the z10 and it may actually be backing up.

So, is there an explanation or is "holy" the operative miracle and I should not ask questions? 3% Backup....

THANKS.

PS: I also ditched something called nginx about half hour ago and rebooted (which I found later was/is installed by BB)
    09-20-13 07:33 PM
29 12