Hi, I am a faithful blackberry user and i have always loved blackberry for what they stand for. I have been using my z10 for about a month and now and i noticed a few things that could make the OS better and more attractive. I want to outline my thoughts as follows:

1. Improvement to customization. (i.e Menu styles, colours, fonts)
    2. Improvements to the contact application (sometimes i can't find some contacts when i search but after a while they miraculously appear.)
    3. Themes and Wallpapers, lock screen image change.
    4. Different lock styles. (i.e. pattern, face recognition, password)

If there's anything am missing feel free to add in the comments. And if there's anything i mentioned that's already included in the OS, please show me how to find it.
    03-19-13 03:50 PM
    The dial pad and the phone application have to launch way faster!

Posted via CB10
    Bolderholder likes this.
    03-19-13 03:55 PM
    Yes, i have seen plenty of problems with the contact app. OS 10.1 is rumored to be "unveiled" this week, but when it will be available for download is still unknown. Hopefully we will know what has been addressed, and then we can start a new wish list.
    03-19-13 03:58 PM
    Yes to the dial pad and phone app.

I thought I was the only one with the contacts problem. I was contemplating on restoring my OS. The problem happens even within whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 04:39 PM
    There are quite a few suggestions in the 'Running List of issues with Blackberry Z10' thread. Hopefully someone at BB will read and take note...
    03-19-13 05:20 PM
    How about a new screen? I got to toy around with one today and loved pretty much everything about BB10. The problem is that the screen washes out when tilted and is terrible in the sun.
    03-19-13 05:26 PM
    I do not want to see themes on BlackBerry 10. They are one of the primary reasons for phone crashes, memory leaks, and poor battery life on the previous models.

I think allowing themes will damage the phones image when people start complaining about these issues and don't realize its the themes fault.

Posted via CB10
    miketko likes this.
    03-19-13 05:49 PM
    I do not want to see themes on BlackBerry 10. They are one of the primary reasons for phone crashes, memory leaks, and poor battery life on the previous models.

I think allowing themes will damage the phones image when people start complaining about these issues and don't realize its the themes fault.

Posted via CB10
    Poor coding for the theming application are usually the cause of crashes etc. A well designed theming app should not have these issues.

That being said, my biggest personal gripes are:
    - 30 day limit on email (this may push me away from the BB10 if not addressed soon)
    - Pin based unlock (rather than password only)
    - Limit of eight apps running in the background (e.g. Wallpaper Changer needs to be one of the eight running apps in order to work)
    - No API's for apps to tie into the Hub
    03-19-13 05:59 PM
    1 - Bring back alerts assigned to emails.
    2 - Bring back sync with outlook OFFLINE.
    3 - I the ability to press and hold to select text in most any app now it's just for websites - not apps.
    4 - Bring back the ability to vertically raise the app trays to reveal as much of the background ('desktop') as you wish.
    5 - Maybe it's me but I don't know if we have the ability to hide certain icons.
    6 - Don't allow words to appear on the space bar with the flick typing because sometimes I want to enter a space but it forces me to choose the word that's their (every once in a while).
    03-19-13 06:14 PM
    How about a new screen? I got to toy around with one today and loved pretty much everything about BB10. The problem is that the screen washes out when tilted and is terrible in the sun.
    I haven't seen this issue at all. Can't really make suggestions by playing with a store demo. Sorry.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    03-19-13 06:17 PM
    if I had to chose 1 feature missing its the old style sound profiles. That's one feature I missed the most while using iPhone.

Hope they plan to bring that back

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    03-19-13 06:21 PM
    1 - Bring back alerts assigned to emails.
    2 - Bring back sync with outlook OFFLINE.
    3 - I the ability to press and hold to select text in most any app now it's just for websites - not apps.
    4 - Bring back the ability to vertically raise the app trays to reveal as much of the background ('desktop') as you wish.
    5 - Maybe it's me but I don't know if we have the ability to hide certain icons.
    6 - Don't allow words to appear on the space bar with the flick typing because sometimes I want to enter a space but it forces me to choose the word that's their (every once in a while).
    You can actually disable auto-complete when you press the space bar...just go to Options->Language and Input->Automated Assistance and adjust the top two settings to your liking.

Posted via CB10
    T_Touch likes this.
    03-19-13 06:29 PM
    I agree about the contacts. I find the voice control won't search company names...you have to copy the name to last name ( I like to go by last names)
    I also would love more control over sound profiles, including volume of individual ring tones.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 06:33 PM
    Yes and the voice control is very poor. They should buy out SayIt and use the say it app for native voice control

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:06 PM
    Well there plenty of features are missing, I did not think that Blackberry will have this big gap in the features knowing that it should be a live or die situation, I will not compare it to iphone because Blackberry have more features than iphone but the iphone getting all the tweaks and joy from the apps only, comparing it in tge other hand with Samsung Galaxy there is seriously a big gap between them we are not talking about few things in here, some times I really miss my S3 for all the options and clarity and smoothness but in the other hand I believe in Blackberry and I support them for not giving up. We are not in the 90s any more we are in 2013 we saw and lived and experienced a lot of things, what I have in hand did not impressed me much as I have experianced something better than this.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:20 PM
    I am sure the good folks at blackberry have a list of updates they are busily working on.

However I guess the option was to delay the release until the system was perfect which could have been months away and even then until the phone is released into the wild they wouldn't get everything.

My z10 on the current latest os is pretty cool, but I will love it when they do the following
    -Release apis so that apps can run in background without having to be opened (smart wifi, wallpaper changer, be buzz etc)
    -Have auto on /auto off
    -Enable profiles to be more customised
    -Fix the numerous issues with contacts
    -Fix the local profile on calender and contacts (so it can be edited/removed)
    - also wouldn't mind the volume on the phone to be fixed. Calls are clear and the speakers are amazing but my default is full volume. Not as loud as my 9810.

Does anyone have the website or email address to advise blackberry of feedback?

Some of the above BlackBerry have confirmed they are working on.

Mike posted via CB10
    03-19-13 10:25 PM
    You can't hide an icon as such, what you can don't is move unwanted icons into folders.
    Press and hold the icon until it starts flashing and shows the trash can symbol on the top right hand corner and then move the icon on top of another icon you don't want. You will then get a prompt to name the folder.
    Or you can just delete the icon if it is not part of the os like Facebook or foursquare.

Mike posted via CB10
    03-19-13 10:30 PM
    I also feel that the smileys and emoticons can further be improved to make the BBM chat and twitter experience more fun. Animated emoticons and nudges like similar to what yahoo messenger and MSN had. All these life tweaks would go a long way to win more interest in the phone. Hopefully these guys at BlackBerry are readings these forums and taking notes for future updates.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 12:51 PM
    You know what I miss is the "Report Spam" option for email. It'll be great if BB can bring it back and improve it by adding "Report Phishing" option!

Yea if you agree please

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 01:03 PM