I am TM in USA. Can I get latest update by simply going into Canada?

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    03-03-14 03:05 PM
    Just get it from Sachesi. Look around the forum to download that app.
    03-03-14 03:08 PM
    And lose Wi Fi calling???

03-03-14 03:11 PM
    I downloaded the Rogers OS update using the Sachesi. I am on AT&T in the USA. Works perfectly.
    Also installed Snap. Just follow forum instructions - piece of cake.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 03:15 PM
    I am TM in USA. Can I get latest update by simply going into Canada?

The updates are not pushed on the basis of country, but on the basis of carrier. If you want the latest update, the easiest way to get it is to download Sachesi to your computer and unzip it. You can get it here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

Once that is done:
    1. Open Sachesi and click the search tab.
    2. In the country window type 234. In the Carrier window type 015. In the device type Z10. In the variant window type STL 100-2.
    3. Click the search button.
    4. A window will pop up with the OS 10.2.1.2141 listed. Click the download all button. (Know where the file with be stored.)
    5. Once the OS is done downloading to your computer, plug in your phone and do a backup via Link.
    6. After backup is done, leave the phone plugged into your computer and close Link. Click the install tab on Sachesi and drag and drop your OS folder into the install window. You can also click the install folder button and click the OS folder for it to install. It will install 154 files without you having to reset your phone or set it up again. This is a non-destructive install. Sachesi lets you know when the install is 100% complete.
    7. Once the install is complete, the phone will automatically restart. You will see the BlackBerry name in white on your screen for a while. Then it will change to the reboot BlackBerry logo. Be patient and wait for the phone to complete reboot. You will then be good to go with a new OS installed.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    03-03-14 03:18 PM

I don't think anyone has a firm answer about WiFi calling on 10.2.1 yet. Basically, if that's important for you, it's best to wait for T-Mobile to get their act together.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 03:18 PM

Yes you will lose wifi calling. TMobile says that the update with wifi calling enabled will be released by them sometime in April. You can always wifi call your friends on BBM if they will download it to their iPhones and Androids.
    00stryder and Carjackd like this.
    03-03-14 03:20 PM
    Cheers

03-03-14 03:23 PM
    Cheers

Listen you asked a question. I answered you with how you needed to achieve the solution.
    03-03-14 08:17 PM
    Listen you asked a question. I answered you with how you needed to achieve the solution.
    Uh... I think you're misunderstanding what he meant by "Cheers," which is essentially "Thanks."

Unless you meant to quote his direct response to you, in which case I assumed he was just inquiring to make sure that he wouldn't lose WiFi calling in the process. I think that's a legitimate question to ask.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 08:48 PM
    Hello,
    My device is a Z10 STL100-1 running 10.2.0.424
    If I check for updates with sachesi clicking the STL100-1 in the variant window I get the 10.2.0.424 but if I click the STL100-2 in the variant window I do get the OS 10.2.1.2141.
    What I should do?
    Thanks in advance.

The updates are not pushed on the basis of country, but on the basis of carrier. If you want the latest update, the easiest way to get it is to download Sachesi to your computer and unzip it. You can get it here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

Once that is done:
    1. Open Sachesi and click the search tab.
    2. In the country window type 234. In the Carrier window type 015. In the device type Z10. In the variant window type STL 100-2.
    3. Click the search button.
    4. A window will pop up with the OS 10.2.1.2141 listed. Click the download all button. (Know where the file with be stored.)
    5. Once the OS is done downloading to your computer, plug in your phone and do a backup via Link.
    6. After backup is done, leave the phone plugged into your computer and close Link. Click the install tab on Sachesi and drag and drop your OS folder into the install window. You can also click the install folder button and click the OS folder for it to install. It will install 154 files without you having to reset your phone or set it up again. This is a non-destructive install. Sachesi lets you know when the install is 100% complete.
    7. Once the install is complete, the phone will automatically restart. You will see the BlackBerry name in white on your screen for a while. Then it will change to the reboot BlackBerry logo. Be patient and wait for the phone to complete reboot. You will then be good to go with a new OS installed.
    03-03-14 11:59 PM
    Uh... I think you're misunderstanding what he meant by "Cheers," which is essentially "Thanks."

Unless you meant to quote his direct response to you, in which case I assumed he was just inquiring to make sure that he wouldn't lose WiFi calling in the process. I think that's a legitimate question to ask.

Posted via CB10
    Uhh okay? I answered his first question which had nothing to do with wi-fi calling. He asked that as a second question as if it was linked. I understand he doesn't want to lose it but he only asked for the latest OS he could get.
    03-04-14 08:14 AM
    Cheers

Yes you will lose wifi-calling, which works whether or nor the people you are trying to call (and get calls from) have that service themselves. With BBM and other pure voip services, your friends would need to have that service installed.
    03-04-14 08:30 AM
    Uhh okay? I answered his first question which had nothing to do with wi-fi calling. He asked that as a second question as if it was linked. I understand he doesn't want to lose it but he only asked for the latest OS he could get.
    All I'm saying is, he's just trying to educate himself about something he may not have any prior knowledge of. You did offer a helpful solution, but it shouldn't be considered his only solution, particularly if it jeopardizes an important feature for him.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 12:01 AM
    No.
    ...but if you still want to move to Canada I can use a lead for my curling team.

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.2141 | Bell | CB10
    03-05-14 12:33 AM