This phone sells its self when people do not know the brand name. If I tell them the brand they wont look at it. If I lie and say its a totally new smart phone, which it is. Then I can show its awesomeness to people.
    03-23-13 12:56 AM
    Many people are silly that way. ...too many, unfortunately. Ah well, not everyone can proudly wear the black sheep coat and stand out against the waves of mainstream conformists.
    Protocol 2001 likes this.
    03-23-13 01:06 AM
    An idea to try...

Rise of the Nation

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=785990

Posted via CB10
    david1994 likes this.
    03-23-13 01:44 AM
    I'm still wondering why Americans hate Blackberry so much. I think maybe the phone is to often stereotyped as the phone of the 1%. The wealthy corporate individual who fired your cousin Vinnie during the great recession. Or the lawyer who screwed you in a settlement. Or the young quant on wall street who sold unsuspecting mutual fund managers derivatuve instruments containing junk that was worth less than than the paper it was printed on.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:47 AM
    ...Ya I can't blame them too much

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:49 AM
    Or that for the last year and a half the US media has declared BlackBerry dead and worsr?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 02:09 AM
    The market changed to more consumer-centric devices. The smartphone became more than a tool for communication, but a device around which people build their lives and identity. iPhone brought a great product to fill the gap for the consumer need and established a paradigm of what a consumer-centric smartphone should be. I love black very because it gets stuff done. Sadly play is more popular than productivity, but my hope is BB 10 will blend the two and resurge a great brand.
    03-23-13 02:27 AM
    Many Americans dislike BlackBerry phones because... well, to be blunt, the ******* in charge for the past HUNDRED OR SO YEARS made it cool to mock anyone who showed intelligence or ambition, and BlackBerry phones were, until very recently, too hard for the illiterati to wrap their empty heads around.

tl;dr, people are stupid and are rewarded for being so, and BlackBerry phones don't cater to ignorant folk.
    BKbehave likes this.
    03-23-13 03:18 AM
    First of all, I am an American and proud of it and we are a VALUE added consumer who is looking for a product to do a task for us.

We are not to blame for Blackberry's (RIM) lack of vision in the smartphone market here. Things have changed and the smart phone is not just a communication device anymore.

Folks here use them as a laptop, TV, social hub and messaging device. Blackberry has not provided such a device in the past two years and the competition has pass them by, plain and simple.

The big two have made a name here not because they build junk, it's because they have made quality products that people want. That's why they are two of the most successful companies in the world and that's the cold hard truth.

I have come back to blackberry because of the z10 and have given them a second chance. I promote my new z10 heavily here and most everyone I have shown it to, loves the device.

It's will take time to rebuild the brand here in the USA. Dealers who used to sell the BB products here way back when just got tired of waiting. I hope the new z10 can re spark sone former and new blackberry users.

I know some of our neighbors can't figure this out, but that's just the way it is, like it or not.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ronald Bak; 03-23-13 at 06:04 AM.
    nelsonpml likes this.
    03-23-13 04:20 AM
    Like the poster above me said it has to do with BlackBerry and not the consumers.
    The average US consumer is extremely demanding and expects exactly what he is promised.

BlackBerry slacked for 3 years and the results on the most demanding market in the world are obvious. plain and simple because the other companies targeted, and rightly so, the US market first.

The Z10 is the best smartphone out there but it will take a lot of time and effort to convince the market. In my humble opinion word of mouth is by far the best promotion the Z10 can get.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:08 AM
    Many Americans dislike BlackBerry phones because... well, to be blunt, the ******* in charge for the past HUNDRED OR SO YEARS made it cool to mock anyone who showed intelligence or ambition, and BlackBerry phones were, until very recently, too hard for the illiterati to wrap their empty heads around.

tl;dr, people are stupid and are rewarded for being so, and BlackBerry phones don't cater to ignorant folk.
    Its posts like this from ignorant folk like you that make me wonder why I still read CrackBerry.

Either lay off the booze or start counseling..you'll be glad you did.

So by your logic BlackBerry felt the need to rebuild the OS and brand to cater to ******** ignorant stupid Americans.

You should not throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-23-13 05:08 AM