Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Turns off randomly

Ive experienced random reboots since i bought the phone about a month ago and Iam aware of the general issue. But during the last few days the phone used to turn off at all. At first i thought i ran out of battery, but thats not the case. If i want to bring my phone back to live i have to pull the battery before pressing the on button otherwise it wont boot, anyone esle encountered that kind of behavior?

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    CrackBerry User

I also had that happen once. I had to hold the power button until the led light came on, then it booted like normal. My battery was at about 50% at the time.
    I've also had random reboots but not lately. They used to happen daily but always in the middle of the night. I confirmed this by checking the boot time in the options

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

I honestly think it's either a software bug with the battery, or the battery itself.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

It dont know why, but this certain issue seems to occur more and more offen in the past few days, and its pretty annoying

CrackBerry Newbie

Default My new Z10 model STL100-3 powers off as well...

My Z10 model ST100-3 powers off at random and I think I have the latest OS, 10.1.0.273. It is a PITA since I have a 64g mini SD in it and everytime, it has to re-index the card, which is over half full. At least it does not wipe the media card. Hoping BB fixes this issue asap. Thinking about this, it was pulled into power then it happened twice today. Never had it happen when on battery power only...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,228 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak99317 View Post
    My Z10 model ST100-3 powers off at random and I think I have the latest OS, 10.1.0.273. It is a PITA since I have a 64g mini SD in it and everytime, it has to re-index the card, which is over half full. At least it does not wipe the media card. Hoping BB fixes this issue asap.
    Its been 6 months now... a fix is "coming soon", as blackberry likes to label their mess

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Even I am facing the same issue. I have a z10 LE, and my device is turning off more frequently when I am using Mobile data.
    I have leaked 10.1.0.2354 os on my device.
    CrackBerry Newbie

my bb z10 is turn off randomly even the battery is more than 60 % , and when press the power button the red flash is appear and then nothing happened ,,,, plz any advice
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,889 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunflexm View Post
    Ive experienced random reboots since i bought the phone about a month ago and Iam aware of the general issue. But during the last few days the phone used to turn off at all. At first i thought i ran out of battery, but thats not the case. If i want to bring my phone back to live i have to pull the battery before pressing the on button otherwise it wont boot, anyone esle encountered that kind of behavior?

1. What OS is your phone running and who is your carrier? I have been reading that people who upgraded to OS 4181 have been experiencing random issues.

2. Have you tried "shimming" your battery with a piece of paper to be sure it's tight in the case? I know, you shouldn't have to -- but it that solved it (and in some cases it has) then you know it's the battery and not the phone. (This is suggested by your need to pull and reinstall your battery).

I am on T-mo USA and running their current release, 2006. Before updating I had a lot of reboots. All was OK, after OS update, then I dropped my phone and the battery popped out. For about three days after that I began getting random reboots. Then, suddenly, it stopped and is now stable again. (The way I can tell for sure that it's not sneaking a reboot in on me is by setting a SIM lock code).

If your phone continues to behave this way, you probably need to take it back for service or replacement.
    CrackBerry Newbie

YES.i having same problem with my BBz10 since the first time.and it's got worse since the last week.unfortunately
    CrackBerry Abuser

Did you try a piece of paper between the battery and the door?

Posted via CB10/O.S.10.2.1.3175
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,889 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by behzadakbari View Post
    YES.i having same problem with my BBz10 since the first time.and it's got worse since the last week.unfortunately
    Old thread but gave some of us more time to experiment. I bought a battery bundle -- so now have two batteries -- one that came with the phone and one that came with the bundle. Lately one of them will constantly cause my phone to reboot. If I use the other, no issues. So for me, anyway, it seems to me a "bad" battery causing reboots.
    If Evolution is Outlawed, only Outlaws will Evolve.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I also am having reboot issues where I sometimes need to pull out the battery and put it back in. I've tried all the fixes and nothing has worked eg. wedging the battery and reinstalling the OS without adding any apps. Have a new battery in the mail. Im ditching the phone for a nexus 5 if that doesn't fix it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Replacing the battery fixed the phone

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Angry phone switches off RANDOMLY!! :(

This was happening for a while now may few months back it happened to mine as where and went through lot threads and I found this reply from a user who advised to remove the battery for few hours say 5-6 hours and plug it back. i.e the battery must have been in 50-60%. Once u take off the battery and put it back after 5 hours it will start from 0% and this actually will not happen again. I tried it personally and it worked pretty well. Days passed and I had to get a new battery and used it and all this while it was working fine and for the past 2 weeks this started to occur again. Tried the same procedure of removing the battery and plug it back but, this time it wasn't working. Its really annoying when the u are in middle of a very important call. Damn! Please some one suggest something.
    CrackBerry Newbie

IF I have to "shim" my battery or buy a new battery due to it "shrinking" or whatever would cause it to move....I will buy a new phone and it won't be a BB. This needs to be fixed ASAP. There is NO reason it should come loose in the housing, and if so, I should get a brand new phone for someone dropping the ball in the battery department!! This better be an OS thing and updated ASAP or they lose another BB customer...and I don't hope to do that anytime soon. I love my BB Z10!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2AB5733F

I'm getting more random reboots since the last couple of days...

Figured out that the new jeans might be causing the problem.. its a bit tight on the pockets.. and so the power button might have been pressed accidentally...!

Will also try placing a paper between the battery door...

And I'm not leaving BlackBerry just due to battery issues... since every phone WILL have some issue or so...!

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    Flick typing on BB10 is awesome... and so is the Hub... pure addction
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Z10 STL100-1 10.2.1.2228 (2229 Radio), BlackBerry PlayBook 32, Samsung Omnia i900 WM6.5 (Retired)