- CrackBerry User
- 21 Posts
Z10 Turns off randomly
Ive experienced random reboots since i bought the phone about a month ago and Iam aware of the general issue. But during the last few days the phone used to turn off at all. At first i thought i ran out of battery, but thats not the case. If i want to bring my phone back to live i have to pull the battery before pressing the on button otherwise it wont boot, anyone esle encountered that kind of behavior?
Posted via Crackberry Z10
- CrackBerry User
05-01-2013, 09:05 AM #2
- 11 Posts
I also had that happen once. I had to hold the power button until the led light came on, then it booted like normal. My battery was at about 50% at the time.
I've also had random reboots but not lately. They used to happen daily but always in the middle of the night. I confirmed this by checking the boot time in the options
Posted via CB10
- 07-15-2013, 03:33 PM #5
My new Z10 model STL100-3 powers off as well...
My Z10 model ST100-3 powers off at random and I think I have the latest OS, 10.1.0.273. It is a PITA since I have a 64g mini SD in it and everytime, it has to re-index the card, which is over half full. At least it does not wipe the media card. Hoping BB fixes this issue asap. Thinking about this, it was pulled into power then it happened twice today. Never had it happen when on battery power only...
- 08-17-2013, 09:40 AM #9
2. Have you tried "shimming" your battery with a piece of paper to be sure it's tight in the case? I know, you shouldn't have to -- but it that solved it (and in some cases it has) then you know it's the battery and not the phone. (This is suggested by your need to pull and reinstall your battery).
I am on T-mo USA and running their current release, 2006. Before updating I had a lot of reboots. All was OK, after OS update, then I dropped my phone and the battery popped out. For about three days after that I began getting random reboots. Then, suddenly, it stopped and is now stable again. (The way I can tell for sure that it's not sneaking a reboot in on me is by setting a SIM lock code).
If your phone continues to behave this way, you probably need to take it back for service or replacement.
- 06-01-2014, 10:50 AM #12If Evolution is Outlawed, only Outlaws will Evolve.
- CrackBerry User
06-02-2014, 03:41 PM #13
- 46 Posts
I also am having reboot issues where I sometimes need to pull out the battery and put it back in. I've tried all the fixes and nothing has worked eg. wedging the battery and reinstalling the OS without adding any apps. Have a new battery in the mail. Im ditching the phone for a nexus 5 if that doesn't fix it.
- CrackBerry Newbie
07-28-2014, 03:00 PM #15
- 9 Posts
phone switches off RANDOMLY!! :(
This was happening for a while now may few months back it happened to mine as where and went through lot threads and I found this reply from a user who advised to remove the battery for few hours say 5-6 hours and plug it back. i.e the battery must have been in 50-60%. Once u take off the battery and put it back after 5 hours it will start from 0% and this actually will not happen again. I tried it personally and it worked pretty well. Days passed and I had to get a new battery and used it and all this while it was working fine and for the past 2 weeks this started to occur again. Tried the same procedure of removing the battery and plug it back but, this time it wasn't working. Its really annoying when the u are in middle of a very important call. Damn! Please some one suggest something.
- By zahi213 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 5Last Post: 12-28-2011, 02:37 PM
- By ISUNickIV in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 12Last Post: 12-08-2009, 07:24 PM
- By gEEk426 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 7Last Post: 05-29-2009, 09:27 PM
- By bubbakush in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 11Last Post: 05-09-2009, 08:36 PM
- By bosox1362 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 1Last Post: 03-23-2009, 02:05 PM