My phone now on the second night after the 10.1 upgrade just turned on three times last night while being turned off and plugged in to power. It has never done that before until i upgraded. I noticed the battery was fully charged when i looked at it. It woke me up because Skype would launch after boot-up and make that odd raising tone. I finally unplugged the phone and turned it back off and it did not turn back on the rest of the night. It would turn back on within 15 minutes after turning back off and plugged in.
    05-21-13 06:03 PM
    Tried the Playbook charger in case it wasn't quite getting enough juice but it made no difference, still turned on at full charge. There seems to be more people all the time so maybe Blackberry will look into it.
    05-21-13 10:09 PM
    Had some more interesting experiments yesterday and last night. Thought it had gone away when I got a green light charging with the unit off. Hurray - no starting. Left it that way and came back an hour later an it saw the starting logo. Checked and it was at 94% so it may have been starting and restarting??. However, when I went to bed I put it in bedside mode with an battery app running. In my previous tests I had some success with it not starting at 100% and some where it did. Figured that the ones where it didn't go out of bedside mode were the ones with the app running. So hopefully have a work around to keep the emails from creating problem noises. App I tried was Battery Watch but I would be interested if anyone used something else to keep bedside mode from turning off.
    05-23-13 10:25 AM
    Cr*p, all weekend it kept turning on around 4 AM. Looks like a reboot from bedside mode because running programs were no longer running and the boot time showing in the about in setup (after correcting to Greenwich time even though it says MDT) was then. So it is still bouncing out of bedside mode.
    05-27-13 12:37 PM
    Mine does this too. It's a real pain I the arse. I can't use it in bedside mode because it reboots (did it three times last night waking me up each time). I can't turn it off because it just turns itself back on and wakes me up (email notifications). Exchanging it might not be a real problem solver because the next one will more than likely do exactly the same thing. AT&T has no clue acknowledging that they have received numerous complaints about the reboot issues. They also said I could return the phone under the one year manufacturer defect warranty.

I think I'm being incredibly patient with the phone. I am going to start putting the phone in "phone only" when I go to sleep and if the bedside mode reboots at least it will be quiet. I pray an update will cure this sometime within the next few months. If not, maybe I will return it and get an older version Bold.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    05-28-13 07:53 AM
    I tried several different options, plugging in powering down, powering down plugging in, cable in after power down etc...it always turns itself back on at some point. My low tech solution? I moved where I charge the phone so I don't hear it anymore at night. It seems a little silly that you cannot keep your phone off but compared to the lack of outlook sync via usb it's a non issue for me.
    05-28-13 09:11 AM
    I've just taken to putting it in airplane mode so nothing comes in (I suppose all alerts off mode notification mode would work as well). Just annoys me I can't use bedside mode.
    05-31-13 05:00 PM
    That's something interesting. People complained about random reboots how about random start up.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:06 PM
    I've just read this thread and am having the same problem. It only started after the last OS update. My normal procedure is to turn off the phone, plug it into the charger and then sometime the next morning turn it on. Worked like that for months. Did an OS update and next thing I know my phone is turning on at odd hours of the night with message alerts waking me. I suspect it just might be when the battery is reaching a full charge but can't be sure. I am considering charging the battery outside the phone but surely there must be a bug with the latest OS update that is causing this or a setting I am unaware of that changed with I did the update. Hopefully someone has a solution soon.
    07-17-13 10:34 AM
34 12