Well how's that for good fortune!

I can actually believe this story. I accidentally ran over my 9700 (only one tire). It wasn't in a case or anything. The phone was squished of course and it was evident from the bezel. But the screen was fine.
    Hehe one of my friends drove over his iPhone 4s, the one with the glass back. It cracked into million pieces.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 06:29 PM
    If the case is damaged in any way and you are particular, you can send the phone to Blackberry service. They will re-install the circuit boards and etc, in to a new case for you. Most likely you would have to pay the cost for the case. I am sure it would be much cheaper than replacing a complete phone.

I am amazed the phone didn't get pancaked! I would figure you would have to lift and scrape it off the pavement with a spatula!!!
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    06-01-13 06:36 PM
    Everybody who is saying the story is bull**** do us a favor and run yours over with a truck if it survive I guess the story was true and if it don't oh well then I guess you were right. Everybody wins well I guess not everyone but it will make me smile

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 06:43 PM
    Which campus?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 06:53 PM
    Which campus?

Posted via CB10
    Mcmaster U

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 likes this.
    06-01-13 07:51 PM
    Mcmaster U

Posted via CB10
    I'm swimming there tomorrow morning. Any who, I go to u of Ottawa but have a break. I now understand the 4+4 lanes. It's quite tricky driving and navigating there. Isn't there a huge field beside the pool. Not huge but I remember a bench that I sat at with my gf.

Pm me? Or add me on BBM. Never mind. How do you add people on BBM?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 08:26 PM
    Such bs. Big story with no pictures.

I will retract my BS theory once you bring up some proof, It only takes 2 minutes to produce a picture.

I am asking all of the Mods on Crackberry to IP ban his account if the proof is not submitted. Makes me so mad when people fabricate stories without proof.
    It really isn't that hard to believe. You can run over your foot with a car and not break anything. Physics is something good to understand. The tire will deflect and not all the weight of the vehicle is on one wheel. As ling as the phone was flat on a solid flat surface, it won't bend or break.
    06-01-13 08:32 PM
    Yeah I highly doubt that zten is a shill for incipio lol. Good story, you definitely lucked out there and if it protects your phone like that I don't blame you for picking up another! I have the transform case and it is nice for the kickstand and basic protection but I don't think it would hold up to that kind of abuse! If I do get another case it probably be a two piece one like that.

Posted on my Z10
    06-01-13 08:54 PM
    I'm swimming there tomorrow morning. Any who, I go to u of Ottawa but have a break. I now understand the 4+4 lanes. It's quite tricky driving and navigating there. Isn't there a huge field beside the pool. Not huge but I remember a bench that I sat at with my gf.

Pm me? Or add me on BBM. Never mind. How do you add people on BBM?

Posted via CB10
    Yes the four lanes near the Starbucks are heavily congested! I think if I didn't look before runing back I could have been hit by a car lol. The things we do for our phones, and no I'm not making the story up I just got lucky believe it or not. And true thing about the physics I have had my foot run over, no damage.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:01 PM
    Yeah I highly doubt that zten is a shill for incipio lol. Good story, you definitely lucked out there and if it protects your phone like that I don't blame you for picking up another! I have the transform case and it is nice for the kickstand and basic protection but I don't think it would hold up to that kind of abuse! If I do get another case it probably be a two piece one like that.

Posted on my Z10
    I actually used the phone naked and the incipio case was on sale and it looked nice didn't add a lot of bulk and it felt nice in the hand so I got it.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:03 PM
    Why the hell are you running across eight lane highways

Kah
    To get to the other side

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky and KDB84 like this.
    06-01-13 09:14 PM
    Yes the four lanes near the Starbucks are heavily congested! I think if I didn't look before runing back I could have been hit by a car lol. The things we do for our phones, and no I'm not making the story up I just got lucky believe it or not. And true thing about the physics I have had my foot run over, no damage.

Posted via CB10
    Can you tell me how to add people on BBM so maybe I can add you and we can chat?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:30 PM
    To get to the other side

Posted via CB10
    Haha that made me lol
    Awesome that your phone held up too
    06-01-13 09:43 PM
    My z10 fell 1.5m from my shirt pocket down to tiled ground.

As if I was in a matrix movie, I saw my z10 slowly descending face first to the ground as I screamed "NOOOOOOO", and when it hit the ground it bounced off once, while its in the air again, the back cover split apart and the battery flew out.

I picked up my z10, turned it around to see its screen unscathed, no dent no cracks, nothing at all. I inserted the battery that fell out, switched on my phone, to find everything was alright, as though nothing happened. There isn't a single scratch or dent and everything is functioning like normal.

To date I'm still pondering over why my z10 is alright. I don't use any case. The only logical explanation that I can think of is, my phone fall flat face first that's why there isn't any dent on the side.

Or maybe, the only explanation is: It's the z10 yo.
    06-01-13 10:14 PM
    I have that same case. I got it because I couldn't find an Otterbox at the time. When it came in I thought it looked so solid there was no need for the Otterbox anymore. Glad to hear it is in fact as solid as it looks.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 10:33 PM
    Well... That's ONE way to compress your data...

Um... sorry...

:>)
    06-01-13 10:36 PM
    i've now dropped mine 4 times. 3 on cement sidewalk from waist height, once on hard one flat on it's back from waist height again. knock on wood, haven't broken it yet. the odd thing is, i always seem to drop it when it's NOT in one of it's many cases lol.
    06-01-13 10:53 PM
    Dropped mine a few times in carpeted cement floors all okay so far not even a scratch.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 10:58 PM
    i've now dropped mine 4 times. 3 on cement sidewalk from waist height, once on hard one flat on it's back from waist height again. knock on wood, haven't broken it yet. the odd thing is, i always seem to drop it when it's NOT in one of it's many cases lol.
    Yea I've dropped my Z10 56 times. 55 times on my bed. No scratch. No damage. Nothing broken.

I even dropped my usb charger cable on the concrete floor 72 times yet not a single scratch.

I'm so lucky man.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0)
    06-01-13 11:53 PM
    Eh... sorry but I am gonna call bs on this. How about you find that same truck and have it run over your Z again while you have video proof? Thanks.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : 10.0)
    Cynics always exist! He's not telling or suggesting anyone to do it so proof for you, serves what purpose. Many people have complained about dropping their phones for medium heights and their screen breaking, u myself have dropped mine down 12 concrete steps and it survived just fine. Oh wait no... it didn't happen cuz I didn't record it... that's right sorry forgot you need to validate it all...

OP: lucky sob, glad your device survived

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:57 PM
    I totally believe your story. There are so many variables that we can look at... truck size, tire pressure and of course the truck track. So no point chewing on it...
    I'm glad your phone (and you) is fine after this crossing. Might want to play it safe in the future! Take Care! Thanks for sharing!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:17 AM
    Cynics always exist! He's not telling or suggesting anyone to do it so proof for you, serves what purpose. Many people have complained about dropping their phones for medium heights and their screen breaking, u myself have dropped mine down 12 concrete steps and it survived just fine. Oh wait no... it didn't happen cuz I didn't record it... that's right sorry forgot you need to validate it all...

OP: lucky sob, glad your device survived

Posted via CB10
    Ya some people are just a**holes about anything positive about BB. It is just like that "post all bugs here" thread or the "random reboots" ...if most of us say we haven't experienced any of the problems they have ...we are simply hiding the truth or full of BS much like the comments here about the OP. like the threads...ignore them and they will go away.
    OP glad your phone survived the fall and tire, glad you had a great case that absorbed most the impact and after some TLC you were able to keep using your phone....Kudos to BB for making us a durable phone!!!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    06-02-13 01:35 AM
    I like this phone a lot more now that it survived the truck although I'm noticing the battery door is harder to take off now lol... oh well still works

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 10:03 AM
    Yea I've dropped my Z10 56 times. 55 times on my bed. No scratch. No damage. Nothing broken.

I even dropped my usb charger cable on the concrete floor 72 times yet not a single scratch.

I'm so lucky man.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0)
    Okkk? I can't tell if you're bring sarcastic because you think I'm lieing or if you're attempting to be funny. Either way, I'd leave that to.. well... not you.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:39 AM
    Flung mine across the room quicker than a baseball pitchers fastball to see how it will hold up ... still in tact with some minor abrasions

Kah
    06-02-13 09:13 PM
72 123