So yesterday I was running late, and where I park is far from my campus. I had my z10 in my back pocket and was running across a 8 lane road. I made it across four lanes but heard a thump and I looked behind me and the phone was bouncing on the concrete. I was running as the phone was falling from my pocket so I was quite a bit ahead of it. I immediately turned around and as I was going to run back for it a truck drove over it with the back tire only. I thought dang my phone is toast. I ran back to get it and grabbed it off the road and stuffed it in my pocket thinking for sure it's toast. As I'm in the elevator my pocket emits a ding and I'm like hmm so I take it out if my pocket and it's fully functional, no cracked screen or anything. The screen protector had many spots from where rocks pressed against it. When i removed the screen protector the screen was scratch free. The Incipio dual pro case was kind of compressed around the bezel and all scratch every where and one of the corners of plastic was cracked. This case saved my device. I went to future shop and got a new case Incipio dual pro of course and a screen protector.

Just thought I'd share, I never thought this would happen lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:07 AM
    Woah. That sucks that it was ran over buttttt so gnarly that it survived! Wow, thanks for sharing!!

Could you post any pics of the dinged up device??

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:11 AM
    Eh... sorry but I am gonna call bs on this. How about you find that same truck and have it run over your Z again while you have video proof? Thanks.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : 10.0)
    tryfe likes this.
    06-01-13 11:11 AM
    Eh... sorry but I am gonna call bs on this. How about you find that same truck and have it run over your Z again while you have video proof? Thanks.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : 10.0)
    Why don't you do it, I was lucky once.

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1, umac, djmm2 and 7 others like this.
    06-01-13 11:12 AM
    Good "commercial" for Incipio Dual Pro! I'm still on my quest for my holy grail case. I might have to give that a try. You sould contact Incipio with what happened, too. They might be able to use your testimony on their site, plus it's an opportunity to subtly advertize for the Z10 as well.
    06-01-13 11:12 AM
    Good "commercial" for Incipio Dual Pro! I'm still on my quest for my holy grail case. I might have to give that a try. You sould contact Incipio with what happened, too. They might be able to use your testimony on their site, plus it's an opportunity to subtly advertize for the Z10 as well.
    I'm sure I was very lucky, but I'm glad I had it in a case just a month prior I was using the slide in pouch and using it naked. I got the case cheap and put it on and it saved my phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:17 AM
    Why the hell are you running across eight lane highways

Kah
    robkd, SK122387, John.P and 3 others like this.
    06-01-13 11:19 AM

Kah
    It's not, it's a four lanes separated by a concrete bed of flowers then another four lanes. It's like a main Avenue, so you walk across four, then wait for the light and walk across four more. It's a big university there. I was just running because I was very late.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:20 AM
    Great story I wonder if the q10 would hold up this well.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:25 AM
    That's a great story, I'm glad it survived

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:26 AM
    I'm glad to hear there was nothing wrong with your phone... good story and congrats
    Guessing I should consider getting another case, I have the OEM leather swivel and a naked Z10... I like showing off the Blackberry symbol, that's why its naked!
    KDB84 and niftymu like this.
    06-01-13 11:31 AM
    Glad you got lucky, OP! My Z is naked right now, but going to look into getting that Incipio case.

Sent from my sexy Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    06-01-13 11:53 AM
    Glad you got lucky, OP! My Z is naked right now, but going to look into getting that Incipio case.

Sent from my sexy Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    I don't think I'm going naked ever again lol, I used to laugh when I'd see the defender cases but now I understand.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 12:04 PM
    Good ad for Incipio. Might just look a little closer into these cases myself. Glad your Z10 was good after that. I would have had a heart attack.
    06-01-13 12:09 PM
    Such bs. Big story with no pictures.

I will retract my BS theory once you bring up some proof, It only takes 2 minutes to produce a picture.

I am asking all of the Mods on Crackberry to IP ban his account if the proof is not submitted. Makes me so mad when people fabricate stories without proof.
    06-01-13 12:16 PM
    Such bs. Big story with no pictures.

I will retract my BS theory once you bring up some proof, It only takes 2 minutes to produce a picture.

I am asking all of the Mods on Crackberry to IP ban his account if the proof is not submitted. Makes me so mad when people fabricate stories without proof.
    I call bs on your bs theory and request a picture, You should get banned for getting infuriated by things totally unrelated to you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zten; 06-01-13 at 12:42 PM.
    KDB84, yvpan1, V22 and 8 others like this.
    06-01-13 12:27 PM
    Wow. Good thing your z10 have a case.

Keepin'it fresh Z10
    06-01-13 12:40 PM
    My dad accidently left his Z10 on top of his car after filling up with gas.. he then went through a luxury car wash and found his Z10 in the middle of the car wash, he went and got it and as soon as he got home stuck it in a bowl of rice, the media card, sim card, battery and phone all work perfectly.. amazing

Posted via CB10
    djmm2 and Snap51 like this.
    06-01-13 12:46 PM
    I'm sticking to naked Z10. I have a white one with a black battery cover (oreo) and it looks to slick to cover it with some case.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 12:48 PM
    My dad accidently left his Z10 on top of his car after filling up with gas.. he then went through a luxury car wash and found his Z10 in the middle of the car wash, he went and got it and as soon as he got home stuck it in a bowl of rice, the media card, sim card, battery and phone all work perfectly.. amazing

Posted via CB10
    You can watch phones take a tumble in washing machines on YouTube and they still work after. Not a guaranteed thing but it's reassuring for sure.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 12:48 PM
    That's sweet!! Must be a good case!!
    06-01-13 04:18 PM
    You were so lucky. Glad your Z10 is okay.
    06-01-13 04:23 PM
    No way your phone would of not been more damaged if a truck ran over it. What likely happened is that the tire of the trick clipped your phone on the side, but no way did it run over you phone directly. Not a chance.
    06-01-13 04:29 PM
    Well how's that for good fortune!

I can actually believe this story. I accidentally ran over my 9700 (only one tire). It wasn't in a case or anything. The phone was squished of course and it was evident from the bezel. But the screen was fine.
    06-01-13 06:00 PM

Kah
    I wondered the same thing. Maybe the OP was having a bad day and wasn't sure if he/she should end it or seek out a positive outlook on life. Apparently the OP chose the latter. :-)

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    06-01-13 06:15 PM
72 123