Hello all. I have had this same issue since 2 days ago. The last activity I remember doing on my phone before this issue started was I logged into my dropbox and box accounts on my phone. I noticed battery drain so I logged out of the apps but my phone continued staying warm/hot and battery kept draining. Restarting the phone several times did not seem to help, nor did a battery pull.

One thing I noticed is that if I go to Network Connections and turn off Mobile Network and Data Services,the phone starts to cool down and battery drain stops. So it seems that something that requires a network connection is causing the battery to drain in my case.

I have deleted the box, dropbox, and even the ebay app since then but and I am still noticing this issue...
    09-09-13 08:35 PM
    Hello all. I have had this same issue since 2 days ago. The last activity I remember doing on my phone before this issue started was I logged into my dropbox and box accounts on my phone. I noticed battery drain so I logged out of the apps but my phone continued staying warm/hot and battery kept draining. Restarting the phone several times did not seem to help, nor did a battery pull.

One thing I noticed is that if I go to Network Connections and turn off Mobile Network and Data Services,the phone starts to cool down and battery drain stops. So it seems that something that requires a network connection is causing the battery to drain in my case.

I have deleted the box, dropbox, and even the ebay app since then but and I am still noticing this issue...
    Hi you may have to do a wipe and reload your phone.. what phone are you using... I had the same problem with my Z had BlackBerry help me out and we did a wipe and reload and I have not had a problem since, I am getting ten to twelve hours out of my Z.

From my Z10
    09-09-13 10:17 PM
    i noticed this too... only new app was CB

i unistalled it by accident and then reinstalled lol
    09-09-13 10:24 PM
    BlackBerry said it could have been the new 4181 update the MR update if u did it over Wifi there could have been a file that had been corrupted.... complete the wipe with link and install the update using link. I have been running cb since I wiped my phone and all is good also only reload your data nothing else ..

From my Z10
    09-09-13 10:32 PM

So I ended up backing up my stuff through Link. Downloaded and installed leaked OS 10.2.0.1443 and sideloaded the unlocked android runtime. My install was smooth and I did not have any issues adding email accounts. I also got a hold of the black theme for contacts and calendar which have made those apps on the z10 look pretty cool.

I sideloaded a bunch of apps that didnt work on 10.1 : google maps 7 (doesnt allow to log into account or use voice commands), shazam, drop7, fruit ninja, temple run 2, and flipboard.

Been a couple of hours since the install and loading of apps and my battery is at 93%. Phone feels cool to the touch! Will try to update again in a few days.
    09-11-13 02:32 PM
    I wiped my phone the day before yesterday(saterday),i charged it and it showed it was 100% full and I locked my phone when I unlocked it,it showed its 0%. So I wiped it again yesterday(sunday) and it does the same,and before I wiped it the first time it did'nt even do it...plz help me!!! Iv got a blackberry z10
    03-03-14 01:53 AM
    I wiped my phone the day before yesterday(saterday),i charged it and it showed it was 100% full and I locked my phone when I unlocked it,it showed its 0%. So I wiped it again yesterday(sunday) and it does the same,and before I wiped it the first time it did'nt even do it...plz help me!!! Iv got a blackberry z10
    03-03-14 01:58 AM
    Charge it again. Unplug and about ten minutes later, Open Device Monitor. At the top are tabs. First tab is Battery and what is using it. Second is CPU and again USE. See what is reporting as running. Also, is the phone running HOT?

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    03-03-14 08:47 AM
    Something strange happened to me..

I was in an area where there was no signal. So I had airplane mode on. I've turned off the phone, then on and after a while I felt the phone warm in my pocket. When I took it off my pocket about 10% battery was lost.
    I've checked Device Monitor and those processes were on top: System, Standby and PIM Services.

When I pushed the voice control button I got a messege that contacts are being indexed and it could take couple of minutes.
    It seems that BB10 has o problem with sync and no internet :|. I think it tries in a loop to sync.. and since no internet available.. boom bye battery.
    I had to get connected to the internet, left it a couple of minutes and problem solved..

Has anyone observed this issue?
    04-12-14 09:44 AM
59 123