Hey guys, i did a security wipe. Now when it starts up, it is stuck on the connect phone to computer picture. I searched and tried to update the software through the Desktop program, didnt work. I tried doing it through the internet by going to Updates on their site. It goes through most of it, but then during the extracting process, an unspecified error comes up. I have tried it 10 times and the same thing happens.

What can i do to fix this?? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    10-14-13 03:02 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Did it finish the wipe? If you interrupted it, then you could possibly have bricked the device.

Anyway, I'd try one of the many autoloaders. Get an autoloader (the version you had or higher), turn the device off, plug it to the PC, and run the autoloader.

See if that helps! Good luck!
    10-14-13 03:47 PM
    What were you doing to do a security wipe? Do you have a back up? You stated you tried to update with the desktop program. Were you using Blackberry Link? There is a location in the Link program to reset the phone to factory specs.

If you were trying to install a leak, try to run it again. Run the autoloader, shut down Blackberry Link. Let the autoloader do what it does. It should re-boot. You can then restore from a back up or start a new.

If you are having trouble and haven't tried a Leak, I would suggest to try a Leak and see if this doesn't help the phone. You may not have anything to loose.
    10-14-13 03:54 PM
    When I my 2 year old decided to unplug my Z10 while in the middle of a OS load, mine did the same thing. This is what fixed it for me.

KB33480-BlackBerry 10 smartphone does not startup and displays either a phone with a USB icon or an error with a link to www.bberror.com after an interrupted Security Wipe
    10-14-13 04:09 PM
    10-14-13 04:11 PM