Hey Guys,

So basically my beloved Z10 was stolen just an hour ago. Long story short I was robbed and outnumbered.

Within minutes of it being stolen, I logged in to my BlackBerry ID on my laptop and tried to "View the Location" of the device. Surprise surprise, wouldn't work, I guess the thieves had pulled the battery straight away.
    So I tried to "Lock device", also wouldn't work as it needs a connection to the phone.
    "Wipe device" also wouldn't work for the same reason.

So basically BB Protect says the Lock and Wipe command will be delivered the next time the device is connected to a wireless network.

I don't expect to get the device back. Anyone know how I can ensure the device has been locked AND wiped?? Thats all I want to do. Delete all my data and make sure they cant use the phone permanently.

Anyone know if BB Protect will notify me once the command(s) have gone through or have any experience with this?

Any help would be much appreciated. Cant believe Ill be going to sleep tonight without my Z10 by my side

Incase its unlocked STL100-1 shipped to Spain from Dubai
    05-17-13 06:57 PM
    Did you file a police report?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:08 PM
    Did you have password protect on? If you did then 10 tries and phone will wipe itself. If they attempt to reload os and enter wrong password 10 times then it will wipe also and either way you end up with no os!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:11 PM
    File a police report and report it to your carrier.

Some of them (finally ahem. Rogers, catching up to the rest of the world.. ) can also red flag the pin.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:14 PM
    This is why you should learn martial arts.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    Fnen90 and jrdba like this.
    05-17-13 07:35 PM
    Im afraid I didnt have a phone lock (found it annoying to have one)

I didnt file a police report, but will visit the station tomorrow. Spanish police couldnt care less about these things. Ive seen friend after friend get robbed while in their home and nothing done by the police.

I had it working on a pay as you go simcard, very small carrier which I doubt will be able to red flag the pin
    05-17-13 07:41 PM
    [QUOTE=abdallahk;8501697]Im afraid I didnt have a phone lock (found it annoying to have one)

I didnt file a police report, but will visit the station tomorrow. Spanish police couldnt care less about these things. Ive seen friend after friend get robbed while in their home and nothing done by the police.

I had it working on a pay as you go simcard, very small carrier which I doubt will be able to red flag the pin [/QUO

call BBRY then they will block the pin
    05-17-13 07:46 PM
    Dang sorry to hear this,

I always have a lock pin one of the main reasons I chose blackberry. They protect my data, or provide the means for my self to protect my data

I hope you get it back!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:56 PM
    Damn that's brutal. Hope you manage to locate it if they put the battery back in and get it back from the police.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-17-13 08:47 PM
    It did with mine. And I got mine back. Mind you it was somewhere In my room when I sent the noise alert and the lock and the wipe

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 08:57 PM
    Well all they had to do is turn it off or pull the Sim and BlackBerry Protect like all programs like it will never find it period.

It's stolen and most likely get unlocked and used on another network.

Now if rogers or whatever your network provider is blacklists the device for all carriers then it's a useless device to the thief or whom ever buys it from them.

File a police report and also call your carrier and report it stolen and have them blacklist the iemei number on carriers.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 09:25 PM
    Well all they had to do is turn it off or pull the Sim and BlackBerry Protect like all programs like it will never find it period.

It's stolen and most likely get unlocked and used on another network.

Now if rogers or whatever your network provider is blacklists the device for all carriers then it's a useless device to the thief or whom ever buys it from them.

File a police report and also call your carrier and report it stolen and have them blacklist the iemei number on carriers.

Posted via CB10
    It is now possible for pin to be blocked when a phone is stolen which will disable data and calls on the phone regardless of what you do...

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 10:11 PM
    It is now possible for pin to be blocked when a phone is stolen which will disable data and calls on the phone regardless of what you do...

Posted via CB10
    Well that's a cool option but not for non BlackBerry devices

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 10:14 PM
    Well that's a cool option but not for non BlackBerry devices

Posted via CB10
    There was actually a thread on this because a few unlucky people ended up with bricks because they unknowingly bought Zeds that were reported as lost or stolen.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 10:20 PM
    There was actually a thread on this because a few unlucky people ended up with bricks because they unknowingly bought Zeds that were reported as lost or stolen.

Posted via CB10
    Oh thats right I remember now that u mentioned it off eBay there was someone and craiglist.

The device once bricked is a paper weight is all and good for parts.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 10:29 PM
    Yeah, part of what I love about this phone!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 10:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    And how would I block by the pin? Im using a small carrier in Spain with a pay as you go sim card, so I highly doubt they can do anything at all. Can I do it directly through blackberry?
    05-18-13 03:54 AM
    BlackBerry should be able to lock the pin for you...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:51 AM