Been using Z10 for a year without any glitches, but today was clicking pictures of family and after that did not used the device for next 15 mins and when i return and wanted to use the device, it just did not responded and before going dead battery% was more than 80.
    Did below things to revive my Z10 but nothing worked.
    - Removed Battery and again put it back in.
    - Hard Reset done, did not work.
    - Charged it for more than 2+ hours via wall charger, did not work.
    - Tried connecting it to PC via USB, bit that would only work when it would show some spark, so did not work.
    - While charging with the wall charger took out the battery for a minute and then again reinserted the battery but no did not work.
    - Tried my cousins Z10's battery into my device, no didn't work.
    - All these steps were carried out after i had removed the sim and MC.
    Guys, let me know what m i missing which i should try.
    Tomorrow, it would be 1st anniversary of my Z10 and alas not a great end to the 1st year.
    Reiterating: There's no life int the device, so autoloader and Blackberry Link does not come in the picture, although had tried with autoloader too.
    Pls Help.
    Last edited by s5sahil; 03-19-15 at 01:03 PM.
    03-19-15 12:41 PM
    Sudden death syndrome. Looks like you have done just about everything. Only thing left is to leave the battery out for a week or two and see what happens.

I'll never understand why BlackBerry released a device (z10 stl1) with the same name as the rest of the z10 range, but virtually completely different hardware. Techies will know to look at the specs and see what they are getting, but Joe User probably not.

Edit: Did you buy from a reputable vendor? It may be worth reporting it to BlackBerry before tomorrow. Maybe you can claim on warranty.
    tmoore3496 and tmoore3496 like this.
    03-19-15 01:17 PM
    Sudden death has happened to my Z10 devices 4 times, I've used 5 different Z10 Stl001 during the last 2 years. The device was on warranty and my carriers kept charging my device for new Z10 because BlackBerry was not able to fit them. Actually I'm still using a Z10 STL001 but I know someday, sooner than later, it will suffer from sudden death as my previous devices. In the meantime I keep enjoying my #Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 01:36 PM
    My z10 is about to get 2 yrs with me, and only once I got scare because my z10 was dead, but PlayBook ac adapter saved the day.

Try to charge with a better ac adapter, look if the battery is getting charge, most time it get warm.

Blackberry powered
    03-19-15 01:46 PM
    Since i don't have a playbook ac adapter with me, can you suggest what i could do revive it otherwise or with any alternate charger options.
    Don't want to buy a new one.
    03-20-15 03:11 AM
    What happens when you try using an autoloader?

You can try using both BB Link and an autoloader with the battery REMOVED.

Remove the battery and keep it out. Plug in a usb cable (if you have a bb one, so much the better). Now run either BB Link or an autoloader. See if you get any response. If so follow the prompts or just let them run. At some point you will have to replace the battery.

If it is a hardware problem, then this might not help.
    s5sahil likes this.
    03-20-15 01:48 PM
    Will try that too... But this will only be successful, if the battery is already responding. There is actually no life coming out of that Z10. ABSOLUTELY DEAD...
    03-20-15 07:42 PM
    Will try that too... But this will only be successful, if the battery is already responding. There is actually no life coming out of that Z10. ABSOLUTELY DEAD...
    I'll suggest don't buy any new battery or charger. It's not the phone to be invested on again.
    I have stl 01 and it makes me regret every 2 days that I own this crap! It switches off at it's own battery % very unreliable!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 08:49 PM
    I'll suggest don't buy any new battery or charger. It's not the phone to be invested on again.
    I have stl 01 and it makes me regret every 2 days that I own this crap! It switches off at it's own battery % very unreliable!

Posted via CB10
    That's because the battery charging circuits need recalibrating. There are many posts showing how to rectify that. If you stick to using the original charger and other compatible chargers this would hardly ever happen. When the phone shuts off again, take out the battery and let everything cool for about 30mins to an hour then put back the battery and plug in the original charger that came with the phone. Allow the phone to charge. You will see that the battery percentage is now accurate again. You may have to repeat the process if the battery is showing poor health. You can use battery charger app to monitor the battery health.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 03:45 AM
    That's because the battery charging circuits need recalibrating. There are many posts showing how to rectify that. If you stick to using the original charger and other compatible chargers this would hardly ever happen. When the phone shuts off again, take out the battery and let everything cool for about 30mins to an hour then put back the battery and plug in the original charger that came with the phone. Allow the phone to charge. You will see that the battery percentage is now accurate again. You may have to repeat the process if the battery is showing poor health. You can use battery charger app to monitor the battery health.

Posted via CB10
    Have done the half marathon method numerous times. The phone shows correct reading only upto next restart, and to add, bbm is having some issues which heats up my phone so I have to restart it(issue being discussed in forum).
    So overall it's not worth buying.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 10:16 AM
    The sad news is your z10 is dead. RIP
    In india you get 18momths warranty! So get it replaced

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 10:31 AM
    Its a seller warranty device, so no 18 months warranty..
    03-22-15 11:34 AM