My wife is in need of a new phone and I think I have her convinced to give up her iPhone4 and get a Blackberry. However, she doesn't want anything as big as the z30 and quite likes the size of the z10. Is the z10 still a good device and would it last (HW spec wise) for a couple of years? The price is right right now and not sure if she can wait until a z10 replacement (z20?) is out. I would appreciate your thoughts. I guess what I am asking, is would you buy a z10 today if you needed another phone?

Thanks for the input,
    Jason...
    09-17-14 09:16 AM
    Only issue should be battery life, but then again... She's an iPhone user...
    09-17-14 09:23 AM
    Yes, the z10 is still a good phone but for the battery.
    You can get a z3 if it's available in your country. That will solve the battery issue.

Or get a charger bundle for the z10 for her so she doesn't feel the poor battery life of the z10
    09-17-14 09:25 AM
    Yes, the z10 is still a good phone but for the battery.
    You can get a z3 if it's available in your country. That will solve the battery issue.

Or get a charger bundle for the z10 for her so she doesn't feel the poor battery life of the z10
    Canada. So no go on the Z3. Besides, the biggest reason to upgrade is for better internet service. The 3G service she gets on the iPhone4 just isn't cutting it anymore. So the Z3 wouldn't be much of an improvement on that front.
    09-17-14 09:28 AM
    If you are a low to medium user of the phone the z10 could be ideal. It is still a powerhouse of a phone and does everything well and I believe it will do so for another 2 years. However, because of the battery, if you are a heavy user, it may not be the device you are looking for. I am a light user and so the battery lasts me 12 hours or so and the phone for me is exceptional. I prefer this size phone over the z30 and in this regard it is perfect for me. Hope this helps.
    earlym and cman5 like this.
    09-17-14 09:36 AM
    09-17-14 09:58 AM
    Canada. So no go on the Z3. Besides, the biggest reason to upgrade is for better internet service. The 3G service she gets on the iPhone4 just isn't cutting it anymore. So the Z3 wouldn't be much of an improvement on that front.
    Yes absolutely. The Z10 is still a great phone.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    earlym and cman5 like this.
    09-17-14 09:59 AM
    It sounds like the Z10 would be a great option for your wife. I still use mine quite heavily throughout the day (got it on launch day here in Canada) and it's been an asset. Battery life has been greatly improved since launch, but I still occasionally swap batteries or give it a quick "Airplane Mode Recharge" with the rapid charger. My wife just picked up a Q10 from an iPhone 4s about 4-6 months ago and she loves it.
    Good luck!
    09-17-14 10:45 AM
    very good phone!!
    09-17-14 10:49 AM
    I still love my Z10. The battery issue is not really an issue for me, I regularly get all day out of mine, 12-15 hours. It will depend on your signal, at home I get a good LTE signal, when I travel out of the country, I often have a poor signal so I get much less out of the battery, I have three batteries. At airports I see all the iPhone people scrambling for an electrical outlet, I just pop in a fresh battery if I need to. That is a much better option as far as I'm concerned.

I have four email addresses on my phone, plus FB and I use them all during the day.

If you prefer the size of the Z10, I wouldn't hesitate.
    09-17-14 11:02 AM
    Z10 is the best phone I have bought to this date.
    People will talk about battery issues. Let me tell you, it gives 8 hours to me on normal use without gaming, but with wifi on at all times. So its perfect for me.

All apps work great. But SnapChat is a bummer cause there is no native app in bb world and the android one wont let me write more than one word on the snaps I send. Other than that, its a gem of a device.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    09-17-14 12:03 PM
    Its a good phone. If you are getting the price right, then go for it.
    earlym likes this.
    09-17-14 12:08 PM
    Yes, the Z10 is still a great phone at this time. However it will be a bit "long in the tooth" in a few years. However, it's a great platform and I judge it like BB judged it to be standalone and self sufficient (with updates) for a long while. I'm on Verizon and we couldn't be happier. Compared to friends, family and colleagues, our Z's get the best performance, call quality (no drops) and signals where these other dare to go.

It's great for doing everything you want/need it to do and more when compared to early 2014 offerings. Some features I use more than others but it's chock full of great but sorely under-promoted features. Speed and performance, again, when compared to it's competitors rivals and in some cases exceeds. The app-gap is not that apparent as I social media a lot, watch clips, movies, sports, take photos, listen to music and surf like crazy. Operating a BB10 phone is so SLICK especially when you've got the gestures down...SMOOTH!

Is the Z10 still a good phone? No, It's a great phone! If you have a chance to get her a Z in white, do so! White case or skin and white headbuds and she'll love you.

Go BB!
    09-17-14 12:26 PM
    Just bought a second one while they were on sale.
    09-17-14 12:29 PM
    Z10 is a good phone, simply buy a high capacity batterywith it!
    09-17-14 12:31 PM
    It's still a good phone if you get the right price

Stable, remover all battery, the hub, my one was about 1/3 the price of a iPhone
    09-17-14 12:41 PM
    Love my Z10 after 2.5 years and never had a battery problems
    09-17-14 12:48 PM
    In my opinion the Z10 is still the best phone that BlackBerry sells. I use the Z10 as my primary phone, and when I had the option to switch to the Z30, I kept the Z10 (because I prefer the higher resolution 4.2 inch screen and the Z10 already has sufficient battery life for me).
    09-17-14 12:49 PM
    I just got a Z10 to complement my Z30 and Q10.

I have to say I am really impressed with the battery life. I can get up to 15 hours with my battery. Whatever the case, it's better than the iPhone she is coming from.

Also, you can pick up a Z10 for $200 right now at shopblackberry, and it is crazy cheap for a new last year flagship phone.

For $200, other options would be moto G and Nokia Lumia 635 or 521 which are all budget phones. Whereas the BlackBerry Z10 was designed to be a flagship device but got on a fire sale because of an over production.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    09-17-14 12:54 PM
    The Z10 is and will continue to be a fantastic phone. What BlackBerry did with the specs on the phone is make it a viable option for a few years to come and allow it to continue to run the latest BB10 OS until of course it is no longer viable for BlackBerry to support the handset. Every good thing comes to an end eventually.

Battery is low end but it depends what your using the phone for as with anything really. Productivity wise it will give you a working day. Gaming wise you may want to sit near a power outlet.
    tangyboy likes this.
    09-17-14 12:58 PM
    i got one today for cheap. my first bb10 experience.

coming from a 9900 is TOUGH! i was communication beast on the bold. i feel like such a newb right now.

gonna use it for about a month to get comfortable with bb10, then i'm gonna give it to my dad and get myself either the passport or z30, depends how comfortable i get typing on a screen. i was one of those 9900 holdouts that the Classic is aimed at. I might end up in a Classic cause this phone feels as weird as an iphone or galaxy when i've played around with them. having a hard time getting **** done on this phone.
    09-17-14 02:44 PM
    Oh yes, the Z10 still is an awesome device.
    It has lots of power and is up to date.

Lots of people complain about it's battery life, which is not that bad.
    It still has a better battery life than any iPhone out there!

If you compare it to the Z30, ok than it's not that good (but the Z30 has one of the best battery lives of all smartphones).

And I'd take the Z10 anytime over the Z3, because it has better specs. - better processor, better RAM and 4G.
    For me the most important thing is, that you are able to change the battery!

Which means, if the battery dies after years just buy a new one for a few bucks and change it.

Or if you are concerned for battery life, you are able to have some spare ones with you.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 04:38 PM
    i got one today for cheap. my first bb10 experience.

coming from a 9900 is TOUGH! i was communication beast on the bold. i feel like such a newb right now.

gonna use it for about a month to get comfortable with bb10, then i'm gonna give it to my dad and get myself either the passport or z30, depends how comfortable i get typing on a screen. i was one of those 9900 holdouts that the Classic is aimed at. I might end up in a Classic cause this phone feels as weird as an iphone or galaxy when i've played around with them. having a hard time getting **** done on this phone.
    Hang in there man, you'll be alright. Took me a few months coming from a 8520 and then a Perl 9100, the Z10 was all foreign to me but now I am pretty confident with it although deep down I do yearn for a hardware keypad like the 'classics' Still I figured I needed to move on in life and will stick with the Z10 until me contract is due December 2015 then maybe the passport will be within reach and even then it may be that I get a Z30 as they will be dead cheap on contract.
    09-17-14 04:42 PM
    I have had my Z10 for about a year now. No issues, although the battery life is mediocre (my battery is not as bad as some people make it out to be. Just turn off the wifi, bluetooth and nfc when not in use).

And I am not just saying buy one, but am backing it up with the fact that I recently bought 2 more Z10's for my kids. Great value in a smart phone.
    09-17-14 05:00 PM
    I hate the keyboard. Everyone told me I would get used to the z10 keyboard instead of the physical. I mistype every second word still after a year

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 05:05 PM
42 12